[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rhodes suspended for 1st 4 games

keggerz

per KFFL

Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:30:02 -0700

Jason Jones, of the Sacramento Bee, reports Oakland Raiders RB Dominic Rhodes has been suspended the first four games of the 2007 season for violation of the NFL's Substance Abuse policy. He can return to the active roster Oct. 1 and is allowed to practice during training camp while also taking part in preseason games. His suspension begins Aug. 31.

seriously>> oh crap.

Well, first off, Rhodes ain't exactly LT. Solid player, but nothing irreplaceable.

Secondly, RB is one of the few positions that the Raiders have a logjam of talent - Jordan, Fargas, Bush, and Rhodes.

Sucks for Rhodes, but I don't think it hurts the Raiders.

Well, first off, Rhodes ain't exactly LT. Solid player, but nothing irreplaceable.

Secondly, RB is one of the few positions that the Raiders have a logjam of talent - Jordan, Fargas, Bush, and Rhodes.

Agree on everything except for the "Sucks for Rhodes". I just have trouble getting over that "responsibility for your actions" thingy! :D

But the irony just oooooozes and it is pretty funny! :D

Agree on everything except for the "Sucks for Rhodes". I just have trouble getting over that "responsibility for your actions" thingy! :D

True enough. I was going more for "sucks to be him" than "pity the foo"

I know it's not devastating to the team, but it was definitely an upgrade pick up that i was looking forward to seeing this year.

True enough. I was going more for "sucks to be him" than "pity the foo"

True brah, true!

We good. We ALWAYS good! :D

shaka

Edited by McBoog

Doesn't a 4-game suspension mean that he is currently experiencing strike 2 in the NFL Substance Abuse system?

Another question... does this in any way effect the way that he can participate in training camp and pre-season games leading up to the season?

Doesn't a 4-game suspension mean that he is currently experiencing strike 2 in the NFL Substance Abuse system?

Another question... does this in any way effect the way that he can participate in training camp and pre-season games leading up to the season?

Isn't it strike 3?

1-fine

2-counseling

3-4 game suspension.

He isn' suspended until after training camp.