[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which WR's would you cut?

So I'm going to have to cut some WR's at final roster cuts. I'm looking at cutting 4 of these guys. I also have to figure out who is getting what contracts.

This is in a 40 man IDP Dynasty. 1 pt per 10 yards, 6 per TD, 1/2 pt per reception

I know these guys are safe...

Owens, Terrell DAL WR -3 years

Evans, Lee BUF WR 3 years

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR 2 years

Jackson, Darrell SFO WR (Worried about the move to San Fran) 2years

So I need to keep 2 of these guys. None of them have contracts yet. Which two would you keep?

Booker, Marty MIA WR

Bradley, Mark CHI WR

Hackett, D.J. SEA WR

Mason, Derrick BAL WR -

Walter, Kevin HOU WR -

Washington, Nate PIT WR

Edited by CarryTheRock

Definitely keep Hackett.

I would advise keeping Bradley. He is the only one of the group that has lots of upward potential. You already have your starters well in hand, so in my opinion you would be much better served having a "project" player siting on your bench, rather than a veteran with little tread on the tires, and no trade potential this season. Some would argue Booker in this instance, and he may have a decent year again. But in reality, none of these guys will ever hit your starting lineup this season, so why not keep Bradley, see if he develops and starts stealing receptions from Muhammad? Next year he could be a starter that could push his way into your lineup.

So I'm going to have to cut some WR's at final roster cuts. I'm looking at cutting 4 of these guys. I also have to figure out who is getting what contracts.

This is in a 40 man IDP Dynasty. 1 pt per 10 yards, 6 per TD, 1/2 pt per reception

I know these guys are safe...

Owens, Terrell DAL WR -3 years

Evans, Lee BUF WR 3 years

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR 2 years

Jackson, Darrell SFO WR (Worried about the move to San Fran) 2years

So I need to keep 2 of these guys. None of them have contracts yet. Which two would you keep?

Booker, Marty MIA WR

Bradley, Mark CHI WR

Hackett, D.J. SEA WR

Mason, Derrick BAL WR -

Walter, Kevin HOU WR -

Washington, Nate PIT WR

Out of the 6 you have, Bradley and Hackett have the most upside. None of the others will be anything special in the next few years.

Bradley could be if he could just stay healthy.

Hackett could be this year if Branch falls off, like I think he will. Just my take.

Croc

Another for Hackett for sure, and then probably Mason IMHO.

Mason is still the #1 WR in Baltimore, and McNair can do some damage when he is on his game (plus McGahee should help the Ravens running game which could open things up a little more). He's not really a long term keeper, but he might still give you a nice surprise for a season or two.

Hackett is the only one I'd keep. Any FA's? James Jones GB?

He is on my taxi Squad

You could always trade a couple of them to FBJ. You're always saying how he's such a sucker.
I ahve never said he was a sucker. He had a hell of a run last year at the end...until I squashed him in the playoffs on the road to the title :D

Hackett, D.J. SEA WR

Mason, Derrick BAL WR -

Mason won't be a stud but at least you know he'll score some points if you have to use him. Bradley has potential if you want to use your last WR spot for a "project". I like Washington as well for that project guy especially if Pit starts to use more 3 WR sets.

Another for Hackett for sure, and then probably Mason IMHO.

Mason is still the #1 WR in Baltimore, and McNair can do some damage when he is on his game (plus McGahee should help the Ravens running game which could open things up a little more). He's not really a long term keeper, but he might still give you a nice surprise for a season or two.

Wurd.

Lots of short sighted opinions in here. I happen to think a little more forward. Maybe that is wrong.

Last year I took over a dynasty team that had a few stars and a whole bunch of slugs and old vets.

During the course of the year I dumped Kennison and other dead weight in favor of stashing young players.

This year my WR's include these non starters: Bradley, Devery Henderson, Drew Carter plus TE Tony Scheffler.

Maybe none of these guys will ever do anything, but all appear poised to at least get a shot at starting this season.

Needless to say I have no regrets about giving up on Kennison and his kind in favor of these type of players.

If you are constantly hanging onto veterans near the end of the line (especially ones that are not crucial whatsoever to your teams current chances for success), where do you get your players of the future? Genius drafters I assume.......

:D

How many WRs do you start every week? That has significant impact on how much risk you should be taking in choosing which WRs to take.

If you only start 2 WRs you have solid starters & at least one good backup, so you can afford to take greater risk. If that is the case, I'd keep Hackett & Bradley. Washington is stuck behind Ward & Holmes in an offense with a mediocre QB, and he has to fight with Wilson for #3 WR opportunities. Walter is showing some early promise so far this season, but HOU looks like it will be going Johnson, & James Jones in the future unless Jones is a bust - and reports are that he's doing very well and may start in his rookie year. Bradley, when healthy, is the heir apparent to Muhammad, who has been fading in the past couple of years. That would make him the #2 WR in CHI at a minimum. While he is limited by Grossman, that still beats a #3 WR in the other 2 places.

If you start 3 or 4 WRs, you're going to need more veteran depth. Hackett is still a keeper, but with your valid concerns about Jackson moving as well as his injury history means you need someone who can perform this season & next rather than taking flyers on younger guys in situations that are less than optimum. That would point to either Booker or Mason being your guy. Booker is still a 50+ catch possession receiver who either Trent Green with his slow feet & injury history or Josh Beck & his inexperience may learn to rely on. Mason is a 70+ catch guy who has been in the league a lot longer and will also, like Booker, be a #2 WR. Booker's advantage is that he's younger and has more tread on the tires, his drawback is that his opportunities are more limited than Mason's and either a gun shy or inexperienced QB. Mason will get more opportunity, but he's got a lot more wear & tear on the chassis and if McNair goes down his opportunities go into the toilet. Pick you poison, it's a coin flip there, IMO. I think I'd lean to Mason and keep a very close eye on the waiver wire.

How many WRs do you start every week? That has significant impact on how much risk you should be taking in choosing which WRs to take.

If you only start 2 WRs you have solid starters & at least one good backup, so you can afford to take greater risk. If that is the case, I'd keep Hackett & Bradley. Washington is stuck behind Ward & Holmes in an offense with a mediocre QB, and he has to fight with Wilson for #3 WR opportunities. Walter is showing some early promise so far this season, but HOU looks like it will be going Johnson, & James Jones in the future unless Jones is a bust - and reports are that he's doing very well and may start in his rookie year.

Jacoby Jones

James is in GB

You start three with the option of starting one RB and starting four WR's. Everyone except the top four are FA pickups. I got thin at the end of the year and only had the top four WR's on my roster through the playoffs. If someone got hurt I woulda been screwed. I had to cut some before that to make room for other needed moves.

Anyway, that is how I ended up with so many of these guys. I made sure I was going to have enough to choose from going into 2007. I may even keep three of those in question. The waiver wire right now is bare with Troy Brown and Marcus Robinson being the high guys from last season.

Thanks guys!

You start three with the option of starting one RB and starting four WR's. Everyone except the top four are FA pickups. I got thin at the end of the year and only had the top four WR's on my roster through the playoffs. If someone got hurt I woulda been screwed. I had to cut some before that to make room for other needed moves.

Anyway, that is how I ended up with so many of these guys. I made sure I was going to have enough to choose from going into 2007. I may even keep three of those in question. The waiver wire right now is bare with Troy Brown and Marcus Robinson being the high guys from last season.

Thanks guys!

Why are you even bothering CTR? You know I will be kicking butt this year. :D

Hackett for sure. Then the guy I see there with the most upside and least risk is Mark Bradley. Yes, he's had a little problem staying healthy but he's young and has the ability to be a decent receiver. Muhammed is getting long in the tooth so Bradley could be a starter by next year.

Agree

I was wondering how many posts Id have to read to finally see someone with the same opinion as me. :D

I suggested keeping Hackett and Bradley which I still think are the 2 to keep. I do however like the prospect of keeping Nate Washington. He's a year younger than Bradley. 2006 was his 2nd year in the nfl and he had 35 recpt.,624 yds., 4 td's. Not too bad considering the Steelers offense last year. He should get more playing time than Cedric Wilson and if they run a lot of 3 receiver sets he could benefit from defenders mainly covering Ward and Holmes. It may be tougher for Nate to crack the starting lineup than the situation Bradley's in. I still think Bradley's the better receiver but in a dynasty league I think Nate Washington is worth a roster spot.

Hackett seems a no-brainer.

I would take Mason as the second player and give him a one or two year contract.

At his age - he does not have too much of a future, but nor do the others.

I would go with a win-now mentality rather than holding on to cats that might - but likely won't - break out.