[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My 4th starts out with a BANG!

alexgaddis

:D Good luck with that. I mean, if they can't afford proper postal vehicles, you think they're paying you anytime soon? I honestly hope they hook you up, though.

Hey, I'm from New Jersey. . .I'll have my people talk to them Tony Soprano style.

Hey, I'm from New Jersey. . .I'll have my people talk to them Tony Soprano style.

I think you're about halfway inbetween our resident goombas, NSab and whomper. I believe their services may be available. I only charge a 15% finder's fee. YWIA. :D

:D Good luck with that. I mean, if they can't afford proper postal vehicles, you think they're paying you anytime soon? I honestly hope they hook you up, though.

I can't afford a new car (well, I CAN but that's beside the point) but I can pay for collision insurance.

Sheik should have no problem getting his $$$. Plus I've been told Jews are good with money... :D

I think you're about halfway inbetween our resident goombas, NSab and whomper. I believe their services may be available. I only charge a 15% finder's fee. YWIA. :D

Hey I can call a meeting of the families as well as a nj resident and resident tough guy ( well not that tough but tough enough )

Sheik should have no problem getting his $$$. Plus I've been told Jews are good with money... :D

Yeah, that's only the ones who aren't degenrate gamblers. . .I'm more the Mike Matusow type jew. I love the fact that he's always sporting his Chi chain while losing hundreds of thousands on TV. . .

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Its the central air...but its not the outside unit, it's coming from the furnace...

If you have gas through Reliant or whatever they call themselves this week, you might want to think about signing up for their home appliance repair plan. It's saved me $$$$ over time and the service has been awesome - last winter my furnace went out and they were round within an hour and fixed it - no charge.

If you have gas through Reliant or whatever they call themselves this week, you might want to think about signing up for their home appliance repair plan. It's saved me $$$$ over time and the service has been awesome - last winter my furnace went out and they were round within an hour and fixed it - no charge.

It's Centerpoint Energy...they do offer the service plan but it of course doesn't cover this time...

Update...

had the repair guy out this morning to look at the furnace and the water that was leaking from it...turns out the A/C unit probably has a slow leak in it and will eventually need to be replaced...for the time being he recharged the Freon and we just need to monitor it...I decided to go with the home-service plan since our major appliances are 20 years old...would have saved me $200 today had I signed up last year...the sounds were most likely ice from the condenser hitting the fan...all in all not as bad as it could have been...

[bigjohn] :D about 45mins from NSab and 90mins from Whomper [/bigjohn]

Update...

had the repair guy out this morning to look at the furnace and the water that was leaking from it...turns out the A/C unit probably has a slow leak in it and will eventually need to be replaced...for the time being he recharged the Freon and we just need to monitor it...I decided to go with the home-service plan since our major appliances are 20 years old...would have saved me $200 today had I signed up last year...the sounds were most likely ice from the condenser hitting the fan...all in all not as bad as it could have been...

I have about eight appliances protected under the Centerpoint Plan and it's been nothing but good. Costs me roughly $35 / month for the whole lot. 24X7 call-in, usually show up next day or day after but can be same day, especially furnaces in the winter.

I have about eight appliances protected under the Centerpoint Plan and it's been nothing but good. Costs me roughly $35 / month for the whole lot. 24X7 call-in, usually show up next day or day after but can be same day, especially furnaces in the winter.

You would be better of opening a savings account and putting $35 a month in it making 4% or so on that money and taking it out when you need it. You think these people offer these things because it's a good deal for you? Befriend someone that owns a small HVAC company, that way you can get away from having to pay the emergency or overtime pay for the field technicians.

A very good question! In many areas, maybe even your own, there is a shortage of mail trucks, so most of the mail carriers drive their own cars, but they drive from the passenger seat so they can put the mail in the mailbox. Well, the guy said his foot got jammed between the gas and the brake while reaching his leg over the console, and BLAMMO.

:D do you live in arkansas or mexico?

:D do you live in arkansas or mexico?

Youve never seen this driving on a country road? As far as I know most rural mail carriers use their own vehicles and drive from the passenger seat. Did it myself on a temp basis right out of highschool.

As for the car, it was the final gift from the Sheikette's late grandmother, and I don't really like it anyway. I'm kinda hoping the damage will be enough to declare it totaled and I can have the post office cut me a check, to tell the truth. . .

The Post Office will pay you, but stamps will now raise to 42 cents. :D

I worked in a station here in FL that had both rural routes and city routes. The rural carriers used their own vehicles while the city carriers use postal vehicals. Rural carriers get first dibs at decommisioned postal vehicles. Yes, many times I've seen rural carriers slumping over to the passenger side to put mail in curbside boxes. It is f'kin crazy.

You would be better of opening a savings account and putting $35 a month in it making 4% or so on that money and taking it out when you need it. You think these people offer these things because it's a good deal for you? Befriend someone that owns a small HVAC company, that way you can get away from having to pay the emergency or overtime pay for the field technicians.

Will this HVAC company also deal with my fridge, freezer, water heater, washing machine and dryer? Will this small company show up next day? Will this savings account thingy work when I have three appliances go out one after the other and I don't have enough cash in it? :D

I'll stick with what works.

The Post Office will pay you, but stamps will now raise to 42 cents. :D

In a classic example of the government passing the buck, one of the post office guys who came out to the scene of the accident stopped by today to give me a copy of the driver's license and insurance card. He told me that I'd have to do all the insurance work through the mailman's private auto insurance. I don't think it matters to me whether I go through the post office or his insurance, I just found it funny that they found a way out of the bill. . .