[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chestnut wins hotdog eating contest!

Flip_Side

I wonder how low we have sunk if we have to take some kind of national pride in having an American win a freakin' hot dog eating championship.

Makes me long for the days when we went toe to toe with the Soviet Union for idealogical supremacy. That was a contest worth winning.

I wonder how low we have sunk if we have to take some kind of national pride in having an American win a freakin' hot dog eating championship.

Makes me long for the days when we went toe to toe with the Soviet Union for idealogical supremacy. That was a contest worth winning.

I bet Chestnut can eat more hot dogs than any Russian

Chestnut can eat a full grown russian man in 14 minutes

By the way they figured out that chestnut gained 12850 calories in those 12 minutes eating the 66 hot dogs ...

Chestnut also set the record 2 hours later for the biggest dump in a portapotty

And I disagree here a bit ...america is known as a land of eating ...unfortunately to the pt that we are faced with obessity ...we at the least have to win eating contests in our own backyard ...if we lose eating contests in foreign lands on foreign foods its ok ..like if we lost the ghoulash eating contest to some 450 lb hungarian plumber held in Budapest , I could accept that ..but hot dogs in coney island have to belong to us

Take pride mojo ..take pride

And I disagree here a bit ...america is known as a land of eating ...unfortunately to the pt that we are faced with obessity ...we at the least have to win eating contests in our own backyard ...if we lose eating contests in foreign lands on foreign foods its ok ..like if we lost the ghoulash eating contest to some 450 lb hungarian plumber held in Budapest , I could accept that ..but hot dogs in coney island have to belong to us

Take pride mojo ..take pride

I agree, when some Jap China-man wins the hot dog eating contest, the terrorists have won.

I think the field has definitely closed in on the once invisible Kobayashi. Its not that he has really slipped, but the competition has gotten alot stiffer over the past couple years. And I think he brought his A game yesterday and gave a really gutty performance. But Joey Chesnut just dug down deep and found a way to win. It went down to the wire even with the reversal. But Chesnut had just a little bit more at the end. Incredible performance by the American.