Sign in to follow this  
Flip_Side

Chestnut wins hotdog eating contest!

every year the chinese guy named Kobayashi wins.
Takeru Kobayashi is Japanese.

I wonder how low we have sunk if we have to take some kind of national pride in having an American win a freakin' hot dog eating championship.

Makes me long for the days when we went toe to toe with the Soviet Union for idealogical supremacy. That was a contest worth winning.

I wonder how low we have sunk if we have to take some kind of national pride in having an American win a freakin' hot dog eating championship.

Makes me long for the days when we went toe to toe with the Soviet Union for idealogical supremacy. That was a contest worth winning.

I bet Chestnut can eat more hot dogs than any Russian

What more proof do you need that Chevrolet is a million times better than Honda?

What more proof do you need that Chevrolet is a million times better than Honda?

Sales :D

Chestnut can eat a full grown russian man in 14 minutes

By the way they figured out that chestnut gained 12850 calories in those 12 minutes eating the 66 hot dogs ...

Chestnut also set the record 2 hours later for the biggest dump in a portapotty

Chestnut also set the record 2 hours later for the biggest dump in a portapotty

:D

And I disagree here a bit ...america is known as a land of eating ...unfortunately to the pt that we are faced with obessity ...we at the least have to win eating contests in our own backyard ...if we lose eating contests in foreign lands on foreign foods its ok ..like if we lost the ghoulash eating contest to some 450 lb hungarian plumber held in Budapest , I could accept that ..but hot dogs in coney island have to belong to us

Take pride mojo ..take pride

I think one of the announcers said "This could be the greatest upset in American sports history"...

Yes, but Kobayashi had been injured in training a few weeks back and nearly didnt compete.....

I had 2 and 1/2 hot dogs for lunch on the 4th...Hebrew Nationals...

cause I couldn't find Nathans...

Edited by alexgaddis

I had 2 and 1/2 hot dogs for lunch on the 4th...Hebrew Nationals...

cause I couldn't find Nathans...

But did you have a reversal afterwards?

Kobayashi had athritis of the jaw or so he says .... Likely excuse ...

God Bless America and all the nitrates we consume

And I disagree here a bit ...america is known as a land of eating ...unfortunately to the pt that we are faced with obessity ...we at the least have to win eating contests in our own backyard ...if we lose eating contests in foreign lands on foreign foods its ok ..like if we lost the ghoulash eating contest to some 450 lb hungarian plumber held in Budapest , I could accept that ..but hot dogs in coney island have to belong to us

Take pride mojo ..take pride

I agree, when some Jap China-man wins the hot dog eating contest, the terrorists have won.

I think one of the announcers said "This could be the greatest upset in American sports history"...

He may be right as I am sure that mike eruzione and jim craig together could not even finish 10 hot dogs

Lol

I think the field has definitely closed in on the once invisible Kobayashi. Its not that he has really slipped, but the competition has gotten alot stiffer over the past couple years. And I think he brought his A game yesterday and gave a really gutty performance. But Joey Chesnut just dug down deep and found a way to win. It went down to the wire even with the reversal. But Chesnut had just a little bit more at the end. Incredible performance by the American.

Sick of hearing about this stupid story. Been on all week on ESPN and even the CO news. :D

I bet Vick could've won it. :D

No, but Frank Gore definitely would have

I think the field has definitely closed in on the once invisible Kobayashi.

Does being invisible help when eating 66 hot dogs? Do they become invisible too once he's eaten them?