[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fireworks

alexgaddis

Brought the family to go see fireworks in Elk River last night...decent show...some extremely loud booms near the end that must have been bombs...my daughter was so excited all day to go watch and then covered her ears for the whole show...she asked if we could leave about 3 times during the show...

Here's the part that drove me nuts...we sat in the parking lot in our car without moving for 55 minutes after the show ended...55 minutes!!!! I realize it won't do anything but I am emailing someone at the city today to tell then how incompetent their police force is at handling traffic...

the best part was my wife yelling at one of the cops on the way out saying "You SUCK at directing traffic"... :D

thankfully didnt go.......

http://redeye.chicagotribune.com/chi-ctawo...-frontheadlines

"They said they had trouble with the tracks," said Giles, 56, who lives on the West Side. "We expected to be there a few minutes. But 15 minutes passed, then a half-hour, then an hour passed. We were on there about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. No air conditioners. The cars were packed. Everybody was like crazy in there, sweating."

:D

No. We watched the local from the front yard where the tress have gorwn enough to block most of it. My 3 yr old hates them, so I thought I'd take my 5 year old last night to the downtown Cleveland show...

Mid-afternoon, I stripped the training wheels from his bike and he took to it like a champ. He rode all day and fell alseep at 8:00, so we didn't go last night, either. Maybe next year...

Here's the part that drove me nuts...we sat in the parking lot in our car without moving for 55 minutes after the show ended...55 minutes!!!! I realize it won't do anything but I am emailing someone at the city today to tell then how incompetent their police force is at handling traffic...

How about parking closer to the exit next time so you're one of the first ones out.

We didn't go to a large show specifically because I knew that we would have to sit in traffic for an hour after the show before we would finally get back home around 11:30pm. Instead, my son and I joined some of our neighbors for snakes and sparklers while we watched about 3 different shows in the distance. Kinda lame, but my boy loved it!

Here in Montana, we can buy M80's, bottle rockets, and some other pretty cool stuff.

My son and I bought these depth charges. Similar to an M80, but sinks in the water and then really blows. We waited until it was dark and then went down to our creek and threw in about 50. It was way cool. It really lit up the water.

I took my inlaws and 1 year-old to see the small fireworks show in our town. I didn't drive all the way to the show, but instead pulled into a new subdivision that is being built that was about a quartermile from where they were shooting off the fireworks. We got to the subdivision right when the show started and left right when it ended. Our only traffic problems were dealing with the two other cars of people that chose to watch the show from the same place. We probably got back home 6 minutes after the last firework exploded. :D