[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Hosting Site

I'm shopping hosting sites and wanted some feedback. I have been playing FF for 4 years and would like to start my own league. I have played on Yahoo and CBS Sportsline. I am acitvely looking for suggestions on a good hosting site for a first year commissioner. Also some thoughts on league entries and $$ breakdowns? Thanks for any feedback.

Another vote for MFL. About $60 or $70 (I think the early reg period has passed by, and I havent seen a link saying if there is Huddle Member discount again this year).

League fees and payouts really are a factor of how much the owners can afford, are comfrotable playing for and is at a level that keeps it as a fun activity and payouts are dependent on number of teams and the structure you go with, be it a playoff league or a striaght regular season league, etc.

I'm shopping hosting sites and wanted some feedback. I have been playing FF for 4 years and would like to start my own league. I have played on Yahoo and CBS Sportsline. I am acitvely looking for suggestions on a good hosting site for a first year commissioner. Also some thoughts on league entries and $$ breakdowns? Thanks for any feedback.

Sorry pal...missed this portion of your post.

I'll go with BC on this one. Your league decides what it can afford. I'm in leagues where we pay for the site and kick in $30 per team (transactions included) and in my local, we're $125 league fee plus transaction costs. Bottom line, you guys decide what you want to spend and how you break it out.

Good luck with MFL!

Another site to check out, would be www.rtsports.com This is just another site for you to compare. I've never run my own league, but this is the site of my home league and the new site for the WCOFF.

I agree with the others, money should keep it fun and enjoyable without breaking the bank. We run a 12 team league and 6 teams go to the playoffs and 6 teams go to the toilet bowl. We pay out the top 4 spots in the playoffs by percentage after the toilet bowl winner gets their entry fee back. Ours is 1st - 50%, 2nd - 25%, 3rd - 15% and 4th - 10%. I should mention that we charge for all transactions.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search.

I have run a league on CBS for 7 years maybe 8 .. The site is always improving and the fee seems reasonable . The site has tons of bells & whistles enough to satisfy 99% of fantasy owners. I have had a few ESPN teams as well- seems like a comparable site /features.

My advice go with a long standing CBS, Yahoo, Espn.. Unless your a younger league that wants to spead hours on the website analyzing running reports, drooling over fantasy #'s,etc Then maybe some of these newer smaller providers are a better choice

I have run a league on CBS for 7 years maybe 8 .. The site is always improving and the fee seems reasonable . The site has tons of bells & whistles enough to satisfy 99% of fantasy owners. I have had a few ESPN teams as well- seems like a comparable site /features.

My advice go with a long standing CBS, Yahoo, Espn.. Unless your a younger league that wants to spead hours on the website analyzing running reports, drooling over fantasy #'s,etc Then maybe some of these newer smaller providers are a better choice

If I was in a 10 team league of locals that were afraid of going to 12 teams, I'd put them on CBS as well so they could mis manage their teams with the poor information that comes out of there. Great way to get an advantage. Not a great hosting service IMO, as it is much more expensive IIRC than MFL, and MFL is a lot more customizable.

Leave the league hosting to a site dedicated to it, they will do it better, and leave the FF info to a site dedicated to it, they will provide better info.

Another site to check out, would be www.rtsports.com This is just another site for you to compare. I've never run my own league, but this is the site of my home league and the new site for the WCOFF.

I agree with the others, money should keep it fun and enjoyable without breaking the bank. We run a 12 team league and 6 teams go to the playoffs and 6 teams go to the toilet bowl. We pay out the top 4 spots in the playoffs by percentage after the toilet bowl winner gets their entry fee back. Ours is 1st - 50%, 2nd - 25%, 3rd - 15% and 4th - 10%. I should mention that we charge for all transactions.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search.

+1 we have used RTS for the last 6 or 7 years. no problems

While CBS has been in the fantasy game for some time, I'm 100% certain that ESPN (and 99% sure that Yahoo) have been in the fantasy game for a far, far shorter period of time than MyFantasyLeague.com and RTSports.com.

So, while those sites (MFL, RTS) are most definitely smaller, they are most definitely not newer. And it shows when it comes to their features. :D

Its not like CBS is the only source of info available.. I hear ya though. I guess I have moved into old timer category. My first fantasy team with pick 10 in a 10 team league I took Barry Sanders & Terrell Davis back to back.. I lost in the SB that year Im guessing 1995...lol