[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick's Property Raided again

DMD

Yeah, I'd say that subjecting hundreds of dogs to living in inhumane conditions, rape, torture, mutilation, and death is about on par with child molestation.

Nice justification. Perhaps you should look for a better role model.

Bill, I would give up responding to that cretin. If you want an argument, try one of the many Huddlers with a functioning brain cell. Broncos doesn't qualify.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Th' I'm no law expert, if Vick owns the property and rents to a family member without any formal lease, how he avoids the simple technicality of being the liable homeowner will be interesting, but I think ultimately futile.

I wouldn't have thought Randy Moss could get away with the "that bag of Josh Gordon found in my car that I was driving alone belongs to someone else" defense, but he did.

Clearly there is not one definition of law in this country.

Wow, that's stone-cold evidence of Vick's innocence. I guess it also explains why somebody had to break into his house to steal a bunch of blood-soaked industrial strength cleaning equipment and why people came out of the woodwork to tell the press that Vick has been involved in dog-fighting for years. :D

And with a mug like this, who can argue with a genius like WaterMan...

http://www.facebook.com/p/Derek_Lane/47908590

:D

:tup: Be careful or he may call for jihad against you

Would anyone here actually be surprised if Vick skates on this one? If the whole thing just doesn't "go away" for Vick? It's just the way things happen in this country. If there is a mess, just sweep it under the rug. Or hang it on a chump. Anything but having an "icon" suffer the slings and arrows people here in the real world take for granted.

I said it from the start, it is in the best interest of the NFL, Vick and his millionaire agent, the Falcons, and every financially motivated industry that stems from the earning power of Mike Vick, that this thing goes away.

And the benefits if Vick goes down are.........................

Justice? Yes, but it doesn't pay well sometimes.

Follow the money people. Regardless of whether Vick was collecting money in the center of the ring with blood up to his waist, or knew what was going on and was involved behind the scenes, or if he knew about it but wasn't involved at all, or if he had absolutely no clue what was happening, it probably doesn't matter in the end.

Would anyone here actually be surprised if Vick skates on this one? If the whole thing just doesn't "go away" for Vick?

Based upon recent ADPs, I'd say yes, there are a hell of a lot of people who don't think it will just go away. For a RB QB (sorry, slipped) who scores the way he does, where he is (or rather isn't) being drafted goes well beyond FF owners being risk averse & well into the "I expect this guy to take a serious hit" territory. Hell, if he had lost one of his legs in a chain saw accident he'd be getting drafted higher than he is right now.

I said it from the start, it is in the best interest of the NFL, Vick and his millionaire agent, the Falcons, and every financially motivated industry that stems from the earning power of Mike Vick, that this thing goes away.

I don't think the Feds play FF, or give a rat's ass (pun intended) about Vick's prestigious position in the NFL. Ask Martha Stewart.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Based upon recent ADPs, I'd say yes, there are a hell of a lot of people who don't think it will just go away. For a RB QB (sorry, slipped) who scores the way he does, where is is (or rather isn't) being drafted goes well beyond FF owners being risk averse & well into the "I expect this guy to take a serious hit" territory. Hell, if he had lost one of his legs in a chain saw accident he'd be getting drafted higher than he is right now.

I don't think the Feds play FF, or give a rat's ass (pun intended) about Vick's prestigious position in the NFL.

I'm not saying he will skate on this, I just think it is a little naive to assume that he won't.

He has already been convicted in the court of public opinion, regardless of his legal situation. And that is where a lot of the lower average draft position is coming in. That, and the itchy trigger finger of the new commish have people thinking Vick won't hit the field this season.

But anyone that went through the O.J. trial knows that justice is not always served, and the wheels turn slowly even when it is.

The football season starts in 2 months and this thing could drag out much longer than that.

That being said, I still wouldn't personally draft him for anything other than a 3rd QB, and I guess I am in the minority of people that think he will actually play this season.

Like a spoiled cry baby who has to have rules changed so he can finally win a Super Bowl? You know, since it was stolen from him the past 8 years.

Edited by WaterMan

Here we go again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2927560

Vick indictment seen unlikely in feds' dogfight probe

SURRY, Va. -- Federal authorities have filed court documents outlining an alleged dogfighting operation at a property owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, The Associated Press reported Friday.

Vick is not named in the documents.

Additionally, Vick is unlikely to be indicted in the dogfighting federal investigation, according to information gathered by the NFL and Atlanta Falcons, sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen. The authorities have told the Falcons and league that there has not been any evidence that can be tied to Vick with the alleged dogfighting ring, the sources said.

I'm not saying he will skate on this, I just think it is a little naive to assume that he won't.

He has already been convicted in the court of public opinion, regardless of his legal situation. And that is where a lot of the lower average draft position is coming in. That, and the itchy trigger finger of the new commish have people thinking Vick won't hit the field this season.

But anyone that went through the O.J. trial knows that justice is not always served, and the wheels turn slowly even when it is.

The football season starts in 2 months and this thing could drag out much longer than that.

That being said, I still wouldn't personally draft him for anything other than a 3rd QB, and I guess I am in the minority of people that think he will actually play this season.

I just took a chance on Vick to be my #2 Qb in round 16. McNabb is my starter. We only draft 2 Qbs, and have strict roster limits meaning there will be at least 8 starting QBs on the waiver wire, if something did happen to Vick in this case.

So this is definately taking a toll on his ADP. Round 16, for a top 10 overall player in this league is pretty good value, with obvious risk.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Here we go again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2927560

Vick is not named in the documents.

Do us all a favor. Give us the list of the people who are named in the documents, would you? I haven't seen any yet - not one single name. I guess the Feds are going to prosecute the property...

And :D at thinking the Feds are going to release any more information to the Falcons or the NFL than they are to the press (which they know would be tantimount to just publishing all of their information here at the Huddle if they provided information to the press, ATL, or the NFL)..

Seriously, how far do you plan on reaching on this?

Do us all a favor. Give us the list of the people who are named in the documents, would you? I haven't seen any yet - not one single name. I guess the Feds are going to prosecute the property...

And :D at thinking the Feds are going to release any more information to the Falcons or the NFL than they are to the press (which they know would be tantimount to just publishing all of their information here at the Huddle if they provided information to the press, ATL, or the NFL)..

I'd love to see that cross examination!

Edited by The Wolf

I just took a chance on Vick to be my #2 Qb in round 16. McNabb is my starter. We only draft 2 Qbs, and have strict roster limits meaning there will be at least 8 starting QBs on the waiver wire, if something did happen to Vick in this case.

So this is definately taking a toll on his ADP. Round 16, for a top 10 overall player in this league is pretty good value, with obvious risk.

Michael Vick a TOP-10 overall player? Surely you jest :D

Reaching? It was reported by Mort who is considered always right on this board.

Reaching?

Yes, reaching. We're all still waiting for that list of names that Vick isn't on that you've apparently seen.

It was reported by Mort who is considered always right on this board.

Mort's a joke. He's fed information (or misinformation) as NFL teams see fit depending upon what they want the outcome to seem to be.

Yeah, I'd say that subjecting hundreds of dogs to living in inhumane conditions, rape, torture, mutilation, and death is about on par with child molestation.

I honestly hate to say this, but it's an animal. Comparing a dog to a human on any level is pretty out there, IMO.

My role model? Don't put words in my mouth to twist it, because to my knowledge I haven't extended you the courtesy.

Bill, I would give up responding to that cretin. If you want an argument, try one of the many Huddlers with a functioning brain cell. Broncos doesn't qualify.

No need Ursa. I forgive you.

Mort's a joke. He's fed information (or misinformation) as NFL teams see fit depending upon what they want the outcome to seem to be.

Of course this is not over BB. ESPN analysts are all tools. This was just best news yet to come out with the investigation. Just think if Mort reported that Vick was named.

Like a spoiled cry baby who has to have rules changed so he can finally win a Super Bowl? You know, since it was stolen from him the past 8 years.

Um, what? Your stupidity knows no limits.

But if you want to bring Peyton into the discussion, he owns several major passing records and a ring. On the other hand, your homie Ron Mexico owns a fake water bottle, a case of herpes, a piece of property that became the canine Auschwitz, and a laughable passer rating.

I love you how disappeared from this board while the Colts were steamrolling their way through the playoffs. What was that you were saying about being a crybaby? :D

I honestly hate to say this, but it's an animal. Comparing a dog to a human on any level is pretty out there, IMO.

So torturing and murdering HUNDREDS of domesticated animals "for sport" is a lesser offense than fondling a human being? I beg to differ.

"I honestly hate to say this, but it's an animal. Comparing a dog to a human on any level is pretty out there, IMO"

And that's exactly the type of Portis-like attitude that contributes to the existence of dog-fighting operations to begin with.

As Swerski said, I'd put it on a par with child molestation too. Sure it's happening to dogs and not a person, but the treatment that the dogs get is much more horrendous than the treatment a child does from simply being "touched" inappropriately. Of course molestation can go much further than that, but either way you are comparing a case of prolonged torture, mutilation, neglect, and death on a large scale to one that is sexual in nature.

And it's no coincidence that children who commit acts of animal abuse have a high risk of committing similar acts of violence (murder, rape, etc.) against humans as adults. Evil is evil, no matter how you try to chalk it up.

Edited by Crazysight

Truer words have never been spoken....

So torturing and murdering HUNDREDS of domesticated animals "for sport" is a lesser offense than fondling a human being? I beg to differ.

The fact still remains that no charges have been brought forward on Vick. Now back to the topic at hand.

I'm not trying to justify dog fighting. But pitbulls are not weener dogs. They're born killers. Comparing the fighting of pitbulls to the molestation of a HUMAN child. Go ahead and differ.

"I honestly hate to say this, but it's an animal. Comparing a dog to a human on any level is pretty out there, IMO"

And that's exactly the type of Portis-like attitude that contributes to the existence of dog-fighting operations to begin with.

As Swerski said, I'd put it on a par with child molestation too. Sure it's happening to dogs and not a person, but the treatment that the dogs get is much more horrendous than the treatment a child does from simply being "touched" inappropriately. Of course molestation can go much further than that, but either way you are comparing a case of prolonged torture, mutilation, neglect, and death on a large scale to one that is sexual in nature.

And it's no coincidence that children who commit acts of animal abuse have a high risk of committing similar acts of violence (murder, rape, etc.) against humans as adults. Evil is evil, no matter how you try to chalk it up.

They're both terrible. And I agree that depending on the degree of child molestation that my answer would vary.

Truer words have never been spoken....

God bless you.