[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone got 2 cents to spare?

Haskel

12 Team League. Standard performance scoring (no pts per reception)...non-standard keeper format. Start QB, 2 RBs, 2WRs, Flex, TE, K, DEF

We keep 3 players each year...one player drafted in Rnds 1-5, one from Rnds 6-10, and one drafted Rnd 11 - free agent pickup. Players can only be kept the one year after you drafted them...this way, all players are up for grabs every 2 years. Now that's out of the way....here's the dilema.

Rnd 1 - 5 Keeper options (I'm not listing all options...just the one's I'm considering):

• Ahman Green, Julius Jones & Marvin Harrison
  • My thinking: Both of the Texas RBs are in scary situations. Green in Houston brings too many scary unknowns to warrant being a keeper. As long as Barber is in Dallas....Julius is just a weekly heartache. With Harrison, I know I'm getting a Tier 1 WR and he comes with the possibility of scoring more TDs than Jones & Green combined. Leaning heavily towards Harrison.

Rnd 6 - 10Keeper options:

• Deangelo Williams or Kellen Winslow
  • My thinking: This is the toughest one. Williams comes with the hype of a new offensive scheme (one he is familiar with from his college days in Memphis) and he's got tremendous upside. But since my league is a TE mandatory league.....and Winslow being considered a Tier 1 TE....this could end up being a distinct advantage at a position where only 3 or 4 guys in the NFL produce consistently. Leaning towards Winslow. Insert inner turmoil here.

Rnd 11 - FA

This is just in case you guys are wondering.....I'm keeping Jerious Norwood who I picked up as a FA. He's my only viable option.

It's killing me to consider not keeping any RBs with my first 2 keepers, but there are some decent RB options becoming available: WParker, Droughns, RJohnson, Cadillac, Gore, CTaylor & RBrown. There are some other RBs I'm expecting to become available (predicting other teams keepers)including: CBenson, Maroney, Addai, Dunn, JLewis, Westbrook, FTaylor, Deuce & MBarber (as well as AGreen & JJones mentioned above). That's 18 quality (to semi-quality) RB options available in a 12 team draft. There are also a lot of WRs available (hardly any being kept)...so that increases my RB options even more for my first 2 picks since those keeping RBs (10 out of 12) will likely be spending one of their picks on a WR.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for any insights/opinion/thoughts.

Haskel

Edited by Haskel

12 Team League. Standard performance scoring (no pts per reception)...non-standard keeper format. Start QB, 2 RBs, 2WRs, Flex, TE, K, DEF

We keep 3 players each year...one player drafted in Rnds 1-5, one from Rnds 6-10, and one drafted Rnd 11 - free agent pickup. Players can only be kept the one year after you drafted them...this way, all players are up for grabs every 2 years. Now that's out of the way....here's the dilema.

Rnd 1 - 5 Keeper options (I'm not listing all options...just the one's I'm considering):

• Ahman Green, Julius Jones & Marvin Harrison

• My thinking: Both of the Texas RBs are in scary situations. Green in Houston brings too many scary unknowns to warrant being a keeper. As long as Barber is in Dallas....Julius is just a weekly heartache. With Harrison, I know I'm getting a Tier 1 WR and he comes with the possibility of scoring more TDs than Jones & Green combined. Leaning heavily towards Harrison.

Rnd 6 - 10Keeper options:

• Deangelo Williams or Kellen Winslow

• My thinking: This is the toughest one. Williams comes with the hype of a new offensive scheme (one he is familiar with from his college days in Memphis) and he's got tremendous upside. But since my league is a TE mandatory league.....and Winslow being considered a Tier 1 TE....this could end up being a distinct advantage at a position where only 3 or 4 guys in the NFL produce consistently. Leaning towards Winslow. Insert inner turmoil here.

Rnd 11 - FA

This is just in case you guys are wondering.....I'm keeping Jerious Norwood who I picked up as a FA. He's my only viable option.

It's killing me to consider not keeping any RBs with my first 2 keepers, but there are some decent RB options becoming available: WParker, Droughns, RJohnson, Cadillac, Gore, CTaylor & RBrown. There are some other RBs I'm expecting to become available (predicting other teams keepers)including: CBenson, Maroney, Addai, Dunn, JLewis, Westbrook, FTaylor, Deuce & MBarber (as well as AGreen & JJones mentioned above). That's 18 quality (to semi-quality) RB options available in a 12 team draft. There are also a lot of WRs available (hardly any being kept)...so that increases my RB options even more for my first 2 picks since those keeping RBs (10 out of 12) will likely be spending one of their picks on a WR.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for any insights/opinion/thoughts.

Haskel

You did all the thinking for us. Well done!

The only place I will disagree is.... Keep Williams. That gives you Williams and Norwood and alot of options at both RB and WR in the draft. You arent forced into a position regardless of your slot in the draft. Also, as has been mentioned in other threads, Winslow has that microfracture surgery he is healing from!

ETA; Obviously Harrison is a no brainer as I keep Norwood and Williams over Green and Jones every time I get the chance!

Edited by tbimm

I agree with tbimm's assessment, and thank you for actually taking the time to show you are putting some thought into your own decisions.

While it is nice to have a potential difference maker at a position like Winslow, he does come with some big time questions. I would keep Williams over him and address TE in the draft. He (Winslow) is someone you may easily be able to draft in the middle rounds anyway, Deangelo probably would be gone in the first 4 rounds.

By holding Harrison and the two young backs, you head into the draft really only needing one solid RB (figure you platoon Williams and Norwood till you see if either or bnoth of them really start to shine, then you may have depth or trade bait), and you have an every week WR to work around.

You did all the thinking for us. Well done!

The only place I will disagree is.... Keep Williams. That gives you Williams and Norwood and alot of options at both RB and WR in the draft. You arent forced into a position regardless of your slot in the draft. Also, as has been mentioned in other threads, Winslow has that microfracture surgery he is healing from!

ETA; Obviously Harrison is a no brainer as I keep Norwood and Williams over Green and Jones every time I get the chance!

Agreed...Harrison, Williams and Norwood are the three. Winslow's recovery from microfracture surgery concerns me, bit I'd probably even still go with DWill.

Everyone nailed the keepers of DWilliams/Harrison/NWood

My only addition would be; can you make trade to someone higher in the draft to address your upcoming RB shortfall? If you could deal JJ or Winslow to someone above you, then you will upgrade your first round pick TY.