[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got my eyes zapped with fricking lazer beams

AtomicCEO

Lasik completed about an hour ago, and I can already see the TV without glasses.

My eyes feel like I'm wearing some of the scratchiest poorly-fittling contacts ever, but I know it will get better in the next few hours.

The procedure itself was completely painless. My eyes were totally numb. The only slightly discomforting part was that you could clearly see people poking and clawing at your eyes while you laid there and watched. Plus both eyes were complete in what seemed like less than 5 minutes combined. Maybe 6. At no point was there a moment where I was so uncomfortable that I got nervous or anxious.

My eyes are supposed to be uncomfortable tonight, and I have to use drops for the next month, but starting tomorrow morning, my vision should be pretty close to perfect while it continues to heal.

Awesome. Go do it. I'm psyched, and I'm still at the worst part... the itchy scratch hours of healing.

Lasik completed about an hour ago, and I can already see the TV without glasses.

My eyes feel like I'm wearing some of the scratchiest poorly-fittling contacts ever, but I know it will get better in the next few hours.

The procedure itself was completely painless. My eyes were totally numb. The only slightly discomforting part was that you could clearly see people poking and clawing at your eyes while you laid there and watched. Plus both eyes were complete in what seemed like less than 5 minutes combined. Maybe 6. At no point was there a moment where I was so uncomfortable that I got nervous or anxious.

My eyes are supposed to be uncomfortable tonight, and I have to use drops for the next month, but starting tomorrow morning, my vision should be pretty close to perfect while it continues to heal.

Awesome. Go do it. I'm psyched, and I'm still at the worst part... the itchy scratch hours of healing.

I thought laser beams shot from your eyes.

Best money I ever spent. Both eyes have remained 20/15 since getting Lasik.

Same here. And, funny enough, as a reward to myself I bought a nice pair of sunglasses..... and for the first time ever I have not broken them within a few months of buying them... had them for two and a half years now.

Make sure you use a LOT of the eye wetting drops. If it even feels minutely uncomfortable or if you even just feel like doing it. I know it was the best decision I ever made.

How bad was your vision to start?? I need glasses to find my glasses.

How bad was your vision to start?? I need glasses to find my glasses.

According to the contacts I am throwing away right now... I was -3.75 in both eyes. I also had trouble finding my glasses without glasses.

Yup. They did that.

Only instead of prying my eyes open with metal things, they used a piece of round tape that was stuck over my eye, holding the eye open.

I saw them poking and peeling and grabbing in my eye like that, but it was totally numb. I barely felt a thing. Certainly nothing painful.

Back before Lasix, they had a procedure called Radial Kerotonomy. They essentially cut a star shape into your eye with a rusty butter knife. I had it done in 1987. I still have 20/20 vision. Best money I ever spent. And Lasix is alot better than RK ever was...

Good to hear that. Remember to wear those protective goggles to bed so you dont scratch your eyes in your sleep.

So did they do the cut your iris and pull it back? If so did you go blind when they did that?

I ahve perfect vision but if I ever did need glasses I dont think I could ever get this done. Nothing really bothers me much but something about people messing with my eyes freaks me out.

So did they do the cut your iris and pull it back? If so did you go blind when they did that?

I ahve perfect vision but if I ever did need glasses I dont think I could ever get this done. Nothing really bothers me much but something about people messing with my eyes freaks me out.

Hmmm... hard to say whether I went blind. On each eye, there was a period of about 30 seconds where instead of me seeing a white light with a little red dot in it, I saw all black with a little blue dot in it. That was during the "pop! pop! pop! pop! pop!" That I assume was the actual laser. They weren't explaining what was going on, but I'd bet that that was the furthest they got into my eye.

I'm pretty sensitive about my eyes, but this was in and out so fast and I didn't feel a thing, so I didn't really get too nervous. Hopefully, your eyes will stay perfect and you'll save the $4K.