[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got my eyes zapped with fricking lazer beams

AtomicCEO

Hmmm... hard to say whether I went blind. On each eye, there was a period of about 30 seconds where instead of me seeing a white light with a little red dot in it, I saw all black with a little blue dot in it. That was during the "pop! pop! pop! pop! pop!" That I assume was the actual laser. They weren't explaining what was going on, but I'd bet that that was the furthest they got into my eye.

I'm pretty sensitive about my eyes, but this was in and out so fast and I didn't feel a thing, so I didn't really get too nervous. Hopefully, your eyes will stay perfect and you'll save the $4K]

I was about to ask how much. Apparently you used a REAL eye doctor. The locals here at WALMART are much less expensive. :D

Hmmm... hard to say whether I went blind. On each eye, there was a period of about 30 seconds where instead of me seeing a white light with a little red dot in it, I saw all black with a little blue dot in it. That was during the "pop! pop! pop! pop! pop!" That I assume was the actual laser. They weren't explaining what was going on, but I'd bet that that was the furthest they got into my eye.

I'm pretty sensitive about my eyes, but this was in and out so fast and I didn't feel a thing, so I didn't really get too nervous. Hopefully, your eyes will stay perfect and you'll save the $4K.

You have bigger balls then me. But then again I have no idea what it would be like to have to wear glasses or contacts vs how much of a pain in the rear that would be.

My sister, father and a few friends have had this done and all of them said it was worth the money they spent.

I was about to ask how much. Apparently you used a REAL eye doctor. The locals here at WALMART are much less expensive. :D

Well, I used a Healthcare FSA, so it was all pre-tax money saving me, what... over a grand?

Then I used my Credit card that gets crazy rewards, so there's another $100 or so...

The price was pretty good. I could probably have found a deal for $2K, but it's my freaking eyes. No need to cheap out like I did on that stupid engagement ring.

I had this done 5 years ago, and I can't recommend it enough. Before, I was coke-bottle-glasses blind. Now? I regularly impress people with things I can see, and I actually broke the test at the museum of science (they had a piece of tape on the ground that signified 20/20 if you could read the bottom line from there - I took 5 big steps back until I was against the wall and I could still read it).

Very minor side effects include a little sensitivity to bright light (big deal, i get to wear my sunglasses more) and slight glariness at night, but not a big deal. Well worth it.

I had it done about 4 years ago, I remember some clown warning me that the effects would wear off after a few years but I still have better than 20/20 vision…it's amazing, I felt like I was Superman for the first few months. I guess the awe has worn off at this point because I don't think about it much anymore. My only complaint is that I have to use refresh tears somewhat often because my eyes still seem to get dry pretty easily but then again that could be the Josh Gordon and booze.

Back before Lasix, they had a procedure called Radial Kerotonomy. They essentially cut a star shape into your eye with a rusty butter knife. I had it done in 1987. I still have 20/20 vision. Best money I ever spent. And Lasix is alot better than RK ever was...

But does it last? From what savage said it doesn't. I don't want to shell out 3k+ for something that's temporary. I just went and got some more contacts today, one week before my year prescription was expired. That way I don't have to see the good eye doc for another 6 months. I'm really getting tired of the contacts though.