[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody watching this Live Earth Concert?

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Working from home today and I have been streaming on my computer while I work. There has been some good performers. Just Finished watching a Joss Stone set (Blue eyed soul), by the way, that chick is smoking......

Got John Mayer jamming now.

Actually, good idea, it will be an ineffective attempt, but at least it was an attempt. Better then sitting on your a$$ and throwning stones. My aunt use to say if you didn't like the food maybe next time you should do the cooking.

Somehow it seems appropriate.....

Actually, good idea, it will be an ineffective attempt, but at least it was an attempt. Better then sitting on your a$$ and throwning stones. My aunt use to say if you didn't like the food maybe next time you should do the cooking.

I am doing the cooking on my big ass smoker grill. Steaks. And them I'm going to crank my A/C down to about 70 tonight and sleep under a blanket. Tomorrow I'm going to get up and drive my SUV around all day just for chits and giggles. And 10 years from now the same people who are cashing huge carbon offset checks are going to be the same ones warning us that if we don't do something drastic and immediate, the earth will be covered with a mile thick sheet of ice.

An interesting aside. Watched a show called Property Ladder tonight. It's basically a clone of Flip That House. What got me interested in this particular episode was the wifes spectactular cans. :tup: Anyways, she was the typical air-headed, dim-witted, pseudo-environmentalist. They bought a trashed house in Simi Valley and wanted to "flip" it while being as "green" as possible. Her ideas were to buy "energy saving" appliances. (Ah, they all say that) She also wanted to buy floor tiles that were made from recycled materials, but when she found out they cost 4 times conventional tiles guess what? Being green wasn't such a big deal anymore when it made too big a dent in the old pocket book. Then they decided that since they would be selling the house in the winter (in Cali) they didn't need central A/C. :D That went over well with prospective buyers. Then they decided to put solar panels on the roof. But oops, it would be 30 days before they could be installed, so nevermind, waiting that long to put the house on the market would cost too much. Another significant "green" gesture; paint the house a light color. :D And the coup de gras was - to maximize their "green", they decided to sell the house themselves and save the brokers fees. :doh: Several months later it was still unsold and they ended up paying a buyers commission so they could get out from under it, which when added to the months of mortgage payments and other carrying costs, left them with just a few thousand dollars profit.

Moral of the story? The "save the planet" hand wringers are real enthsiastic as long as it doesn't cost them anything besides meaningless symbolism and scientifically dubious platitudes.

So doing something, no matter how stupid, is better than doing nothing? That isn't neccessarily true, I mean cutting off your head because you have a headache is doing something, but probably not the best thing.

he Live Earth Concert is just a big orgy of self promotion, much like the whole green BS. Who cares that ethanol costs more than petroleum fuel, has to subsist on huge government subsidies, and requires a gallon of fuel to produce a gallon of fuel? At least they're doing something. If the communication abilities we have now would have been around for the impending next ice age of the early 70's we'd be celebrating the anniversary of a "Heat the World" concert.

The saddest part is when the earth's climate starts to cool again, as it will all on its own, the hippie gestapo will be all patting each other on their trendy che guevara shirted backs saying how they saved the planet. The truth is, they will have made less of an impact than the old anti-pollution indian PSA's.

So doing something, no matter how stupid, is better than doing nothing? That isn't neccessarily true, I mean cutting off your head because you have a headache is doing something, but probably not the best thing.

he Live Earth Concert is just a big orgy of self promotion, much like the whole green BS. Who cares that ethanol costs more than petroleum fuel, has to subsist on huge government subsidies, and requires a gallon of fuel to produce a gallon of fuel? At least they're doing something. If the communication abilities we have now would have been around for the impending next ice age of the early 70's we'd be celebrating the anniversary of a "Heat the World" concert.

The saddest part is when the earth's climate starts to cool again, as it will all on its own, the hippie gestapo will be all patting each other on their trendy che guevara shirted backs saying how they saved the planet. The truth is, they will have made less of an impact than the old anti-pollution indian PSA's.

All good points. I was flipping through last night, avoiding the Orwellian platitudes, but pausing occasionally when there was music. Most of the music was predictable and boring, though I did enjoy watching Kelly Clarkson try to keep her Rubenesque ass in her pants as she bent towards the crowd with the camera on her back (not too successful)... nice thong.

Also, if I was Sting I would have walked over and punched Kanye West in the mouth for ruining a perfectly good song. Trust me Kanye, you shouting "Yeah" on the 2 and the 4 beats does not add anything, nor does it mean you're talented. He looked like a fuc&ing joke... Oh, and "put your hands in the air, and wave them like you just don't care" isn't as fresh as it was in 1985. You'd think that given the amount of prep time you had you might have been able been able to actually think of something, anything, that would have added value.

Edited by Possum Jenkins

Wow, an optimistic bunch. Believe what you will, only time will tell. Personally, I think it's a problem, and it's a problem we should be trying to figure out. But we won't, we lack the political will, and the intelligence to solve the really big issues anymore.

Guess we will have to leave it to the French......

All good points. I was flipping through last night, avoiding the Orwellian platitudes, but pausing occasionally when there was music. Most of the music was predictable and boring, though I did enjoy watching Kelly Clarkson try to keep her Rubenesque ass in her pants as she bent towards the crowd with the camera on her back (not too successful)... nice thong.

Also, if I was Sting I would have walked over and punched Kanye West in the mouth for ruining a perfectly good song. Trust me Kanye, you shouting "Yeah" on the 2 and the 4 beats does not add anything, nor does it mean you're talented. He looked like a fuc&ing joke... Oh, and "put your hands in the air, and wave them like you just don't care" isn't as fresh as it was in 1985. You'd think that given the amount of prep time you had you might have been able been able to actually think of something, anything, that would have added value.

+1 on the Kanye West bit. I watched about 20 minutes and that went down during that time. What a freaking joke.

As for the rest of this, bit about it all being cyclical. If you really think that nobody needs to do anything at this point, you're a freaking idiot plain and simple. I understand that having Leo De Cap and Cameron Diaz tell you how to live your life is lame. But so is needlessly consuming. If you honestly think that you're not doing any harm, you're an a-hole.