[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl Matchup 2007

Polecat

2007 Super Bowl?

Let me go out on a limb and say Colts v Bears, with the Bears staying in it far longer than people expect, especially with Grossman more or less stinking up the joint.

2008: Pats v Bears in an SBXX rematch.

I have to believe that New England is loaded up and ready to take another run at it for the AFC but the NFC, I have no clue. Eagles have a good shot, but there are a lot of if's with that team. There is always the Bears, but IMO, they are going to have a down year, and don't have a shot.

So who does that leave? Cowboys? Don't think so, New coaching and Lil Tony Romo, nope, not going to happen. Could be the Saint's year, I think they have a legimate shot, or we could get a suprise dark horse out of the West..... but it won't be Seattle. so my choices would be

Saints

Eagles

I have to believe that New England is loaded up and ready to take another run at it for the AFC but the NFC, I have no clue. Eagles have a good shot, but there are a lot of if's with that team. There is always the Bears, but IMO, they are going to have a down year, and don't have a shot.

So who does that leave? Cowboys? Don't think so, New coaching and Lil Tony Romo, nope, not going to happen. Could be the Saint's year, I think they have a legimate shot, or we could get a suprise dark horse out of the West..... but it won't be Seattle. so my choices would be

Saints

Eagles

2 nfc teams in the super bowl :D,i dont know if thats ever happend before.

Edited by Polecat

2 nfc teams in the super bowl :D,i dont know if thats ever happend before.

That's my choice for who will represent the NFC, Saints or Eagles. I thought I stated that New England was my pick for the AFC, ya big old confused lug.... :D Now go get me a beer.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Im going with Cincy and the Cowboys, and not just cause im a homer for the Boys. I think Pats will be right in the mix but Defense will let them down. This is Palmers year I think bounce back year from the injury. The Boys are just at that time and Defense will get it done for them and we all know defense wins championships. And I know everyone is going to come back with the COLTS won it last year, but if I remember correctly that defense peaked at the right time I was amazed at how they stopped the run after being ridiculed in the media for having the worst run defense. And oh yeah Cincy wins.

I think the NFC is wide-open this year, and any of the solid squads (NO, SF, PHL, DAL, CHI) could make a better-than-expected run, or just plain get hot at the right time (like the Steelers two years ago, when they were 7-5, and decided to win their final 8 games). Each of those teams has their own set of questions and potential weaknesses, but the Saints appear to be the one with the least. I do beleive they are more vulnerable to some losses than they were last year, as it seemed 2006 was a magical year of being the savior for a city, and performing over their heads for much of the year. In 2007, they'll surprise no one, and play a division-winner schedule to boot. 10-6 looks right, but it should be enough to get them the division. But because of the greuling schedule, they will be tested enough to win as a visitor at any of the other teams listed above in the playoffs. All the other teams have injury issues/new coaches/free agent losses/unproven impact players...the Saints lost little in comparison, and the core of what made them successful last year is in tact. They carry the risk that they won't duplicate 2006, but have far fewer question marks than the other teams.

In the AFC, i tried hard to convince myself that the Pats are ready to roll, but I'm not sold at all on Maroney carrying the load for 16 games. And I wonder how mentally different this year will be for Tom Brady, with all the personal-life drama that has played out with his model girlfriends, and his pending fatherhood? And the whole Moss thing just kinda bugs me already...and the Pats beat my Eagles a few seasons ago, so for spite, I'm not picking NE. The Colts certainly have the goods on offense again this year, but may have to outscore teams this year more than last year...the holes in their run defense will be large and wide, given the free agency losses they endured. I see them reverting to more of the 2003-2005 Colts...win 12-14 regular season games by blowing teams out, then lose a tightly-played playoff game to a team that can just pound the ball. The Chargers I do like, and if Merriman can play the entire 16-game schedule, they theoretically should be even better. But I know Tomlinson can't, just can't, produce the stats he produced last year, and I'm just not sure who is going to make up the difference. Perhaps its Gates, perhaps Turner, perhaps a WR is ready to step up...but I have a feeling that with the evolution of Rivers (who I like best of all the new young guns around the league), it will be someone. With apologies to Bengals, Ravens, Broncos and Jaguar fans, its gotta be the Chargers.

So I guess thats my pick :D

San Diego vs. New Orleans.

....and I am not convinced of it at all.

In the AFC, i tried hard to convince myself that the Pats are ready to roll, but I'm not sold at all on Maroney carrying the load for 16 games. And I wonder how mentally different this year will be for Tom Brady, with all the personal-life drama that has played out with his model girlfriends, and his pending fatherhood? And the whole Moss thing just kinda bugs me already...and the Pats beat my Eagles a few seasons ago, so for spite, I'm not picking NE. The Colts certainly have the goods on offense again this year, but may have to outscore teams this year more than last year...the holes in their run defense will be large and wide, given the free agency losses they endured. I see them reverting to more of the 2003-2005 Colts...win 12-14 regular season games by blowing teams out, then lose a tightly-played playoff game to a team that can just pound the ball. The Chargers I do like, and if Merriman can play the entire 16-game schedule, they theoretically should be even better. But I know Tomlinson can't, just can't, produce the stats he produced last year, and I'm just not sure who is going to make up the difference. Perhaps its Gates, perhaps Turner, perhaps a WR is ready to step up...but I have a feeling that with the evolution of Rivers (who I like best of all the new young guns around the league), it will be someone. With apologies to Bengals, Ravens, Broncos and Jaguar fans, its gotta be the Chargers.

I like what I'm reading here!! :D

San Diego vs. New Orleans.

....and I am not convinced of it at all.

Nor am I, but since I have no crystal ball, I pick the game I'd most like to see...my Jets aside, of course. San Diego and New Orleans.

AFC-Despite the Talk and PS kissing up....the Colts beat the Pats again in the AFC Championship.

NFC-I have the feeling it's already done.......they have clearly seen the problems.....they fixed them....no other NFC team really knows how to prepare for them yet......just way to much talent on both sides of the ball. The coach will wise up and throw two legitimate superstars at teams every Sunday..and sit or better use "pet" players. They have a chip on their shoulders.....they will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl-The Carolina Panthers

Who do you guys think will be in the superbowl this year?

I think it will be The Eagles and the Pats. 2004 SB Rematch,

But the Eagles will win this time.

2007 Super Bowl?

Let me go out on a limb and say Colts v Bears, with the Bears staying in it far longer than people expect, especially with Grossman more or less stinking up the joint.

2008: Pats v Bears in an SBXX rematch.

Im going with Cincy and the Cowboys, and not just cause im a homer for the Boys. I think Pats will be right in the mix but Defense will let them down. This is Palmers year I think bounce back year from the injury. The Boys are just at that time and Defense will get it done for them and we all know defense wins championships. And I know everyone is going to come back with the COLTS won it last year, but if I remember correctly that defense peaked at the right time I was amazed at how they stopped the run after being ridiculed in the media for having the worst run defense. And oh yeah Cincy wins.

Denver vs. Atlanta

Tennessee versus Seattle.

Dallas beats San Diego

Once again, these questions work better if you ask "Pretending your favorite team doesn't exist, who do you think will play in next year's Super Bowl ?"

Edited by Menudo

IMO, the Colts and Bears have too many unresolved issues to make it back (although the Bears are still the best team in the NFC). Right now, it's difficult to argue with the Pats winning the AFC. And I have no idea who's going to step up in the quagmire of mediocrity known as the NFC.

Superbowl Matchup 2007, Who do you think will be in it?

I can pretty much guarantee that IND will prevail in the 2007 Super Bowl. I'm willing to give good odds on the rest of the field, too.

You want to know who will win the 2006 World Series, too?