[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another "who do I keep"

NAUgrad

Fairly standard scoring. 6pt. rush/rec. TD's, 4pt. passing TD's. Some bonuses for yardage, but not much. QB's tend to do fairly well in this league, (last year I traded away Wayne 15pts p/game for Kitna 20 pts p/game). I know it sounds crazy, but Kitna really helped me win this league last year. Anyway, I can keep up to four players. Potential keepers are the following:

Kitna (strongly considering)

LT (no brainer)

Ced. Benson (strongly considering)

B. Jacobs (on the fence)

J. Norwood (on the fence)

Harrison (strongly considering)

Owens (on the fence)

I'm leaning toward LT, Benson, Harrison, and Kitna, but I'm also thinking about LT, Benson, Harrison, and Owens.

Thoughts?

but I'm also thinking about LT, Benson, Harrison, and Owens.

Thoughts?

This is what I would go with. While I like Kitna this year, I like these guys better. Draft a QB after you keep these guys. These are all 1st and 2nd round picks.

You know your league and its scoring system best. If Kitna is truly a top five QB in your league, no questions asked, I would probably keep him over TO. Otherwise, I would draft a QB and thank god for walking in the door with LT, Benson, Harrison, and Owens.

I would rather have TO than Kitna, especially if top 10 QB talent will be on the board to draft.

Fairly standard scoring. 6pt. rush/rec. TD's, 4pt. passing TD's. Some bonuses for yardage, but not much. QB's tend to do fairly well in this league, (last year I traded away Wayne 15pts p/game for Kitna 20 pts p/game). I know it sounds crazy, but Kitna really helped me win this league last year. Anyway, I can keep up to four players. Potential keepers are the following:

Kitna (strongly considering)

LT (no brainer)

Ced. Benson (strongly considering)

B. Jacobs (on the fence)

J. Norwood (on the fence)

Harrison (strongly considering)

Owens (on the fence)

I'm leaning toward LT, Benson, Harrison, and Kitna, but I'm also thinking about LT, Benson, Harrison, and Owens.

Thoughts?

If QB's do well I would keep Kitna. He is gonna be slinging it this year and Det's D will force him to pass all game long!

The dec is whether to keep 2 RB's or 2 Rec's.

I think your 2 potential WR keepers are too strong not to keep.

I go

LT

Kitna

Harrison

Owens

What RB's look to be available in the draft and do you know your draft position yet? The reason I ask is....can you then draft Benson and not have a decision at all?

You need to know..... I dont like Benson at all this season. I really think the Bears got rid of the wrong RB!

Edited by tbimm

I think you've got to go with LT, Benson, Harrison & TO. Put it this way...if this was a redraft and you ended up with the #1 all around player, another Top 20 RB and 2 of the Top 5 WRs in the league, you'd be ecstatic. Any one of us would. Keep those 4 players....draft a QB with your first pick.

As valuable as you think Kitna is, the difference between a Kitna and a Rivers, Hasselbeck, Young, etc. is only going to be 2 or 3 pts per game. I think you'll find the differences between losing a Benson, Harrison or TO to a lower tiered RB or WR is likely going to be much more than that. Just my opinion.

Good Luck!

Haskel

Here are the ADPs of your potential keepers in a redraft league:

Kitna 88

LT 1

Ced. Benson 24

B. Jacobs 45

J. Norwood 68

Harrison 25

Owens 28

Still thinking of keeping Kitna as one of your top 4 guys?

It doesn't matter that you like his chances a lot this year or that he helped you win the league last year. You keep players based upon their projected performance, yes, but also upon their perception and value among other owners. You have a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and 2 3rd rounders on your roster, yet you want to keep a 7th rounder over one of those top 4 keepers. :shakinghead:

You keep LT, Benson, Harrison, & Owens. The other 3 guys are guys you have a good shot at getting back in the draft - and you probably can draft all of them back if you like.

Great advice!! Thanks guys.

Each player I keep I lose a draft pick. I really like my roster from last year and believe it is absolutely worth keeping 4 this year. This is a 12 team league and everyone is starting to get on the bandwagon of drafting RB's. Any team that doesn't have 4 players prior to the "regular draft" participates in an expansion draft until complete. Than eveyone gets together and drafts via serpentine. I will have the last pick esentially in the 5th round.

I'll have to wait and see what is picked up to figure out my draft strategy, but QB will definitly be 1st priority with another RB not far behind. The one thing I keep thinking about is that last year I also had Baltimore's D. They were huge for me last year. I'd like to draft them early 6th just to have them again this year.

Edited by NAUgrad