[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ratatouille

whomper

Took the Whompers to see it tonight..Great movie with a great ending..It is one the adults can enjoy as well as the kids..2 thumbs up from camp Whomper

Took the Whompers to see it tonight..Great movie with a great ending..It is one the adults can enjoy as well as the kids..2 thumbs up from camp Whomper

That's all I needed to hear. We will probably catch it on Wednesday night.

Took the wife and kids to the drive-in last weekend to see it. I agree with Whomp??

:D ?? I see I may have opened a can of worms

Edited by whomper

The boys and I enjoyed it, but all the wife could think about was how gross it was to have rats in a kitchen. The old saw 'suspending your disbelief' didn't work at all for her in this case...

:D Went with my son to see this on Saturday. We got right up til about 15-20 minutes left (maybe a little less) and he started acting up as it was getting close to his bedtime. I tried and tried to settle him down to watch the end of the movie, but it wasn't gonna happen, so I had to be the responsible parent and courteous moviegoes and leave the theater..... without seeing the end of the movie.

One of my tennagers agreed to keep Maegan, so the wife and I could catch a movie togethor. A rare treat when you have a 13 month old. We went to the theater and picked the next movie to start. Turned out to be Ratatouille. We really enjoyed it. :D Hopefully I will get to sneak off soon and see Transformers :D

Took my 3 kids to see it on Sunday, good but not great movie. My girls just could not get cuddly with the rats. Son was ok but kept asking when the movie would be over. Lot's of adult references for the parents (typical Pixar) I actually enjoyed the "short" before the movie more.

First Disney/Pixar movie I really didn't enjoy....

Like Rajn, took the rugrats to the rat-show on the 4th. Hopefully we weren't served rat when we went out to eat after the movie.

Like I told the Whompster, I judge kids movies on whether or not I fall asleep in them. Stayed awake and enjoyed the show. I'd say it wasn't Pixar's best, but it was definitely better than most.

Didn't like the idea of smiling at anything French.

One of my tennagers agreed to keep Maegan, so the wife and I could catch a movie togethor. A rare treat when you have a 13 month old. We went to the theater and picked the next movie to start. Turned out to be Ratatouille. We really enjoyed it. :DHopefully I will get to sneak off soon and see Transformers :D

save your money :tup:

I've thought about taking my 2 /12 year old to it. Would be her first time in a movie theatre. Not sure how well that would go.

I might hold off on that. I took my 3 year old to see Shrek 3 which she knew the characters for and loved them from watching the first 2 movies otherwise she would have been a handful there.

There's a good chance your child will not sit still and talk incessantly but every kid is different.

I've thought about taking my 2 /12 year old to it. Would be her first time in a movie theatre. Not sure how well that would go.

I'd not use this movie for a 2 1/2 year old. My son is 2 1/2, has done great in movies before and has loved the previous Pixar movies and can sit and watch them at home just fine.

As noted above, I had to leave early. It just was not the kind of movie that could captivate him at such a young age. With Cars he loved the cars and the racing and stuff, with Monsters Inc he loved the monsters and such, and he has enjoyed Nemo... but this one just was not as captivating for him.

THough, of the current releases, it is probably the best movie for a 2 1/2 year old.

My saving grace is that my son loves "Uncle Homer" and the Simpsons, so I am planning to take him to see that one when it is out in a few weeks

I thought it was pretty good but not great. The animation was fantastic, Pixar seems to get better and better with each film. My 6 yo and 4 yo thought it was good but the story was over their heads in many points. There was very little comic relief and few laugh-out-loud moments. I don't find a rat who cooks to be an endearing character...I guess I, too, couldn't suspend my disbelief.

The short before the movie was funny. Can't remember the name???