[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quck Keeper Advice Needed

Standard scoring, 10 team league. We have to keep one player from last season's roster - and give the player's 2006 draft position up in the 2007 season's draft. So, player's performance is important, but value is key as well.

The guys I am thinking of keeping and their 2006 draft position are:

Thomas Jones (RB-NYJ) - 7th Round pick

DeAngelo Williams (RB- CAR) - 9th Round pick

Roy Williams (WR-DET) - 4th Round pick

Jones looks like a good value - starting RB for a 7th round pick. But I wonder how much the Jets will be able to do offensively in that division... they have to play 3 tough defenses home and away (Pats, Bills, Fins).

D.Williams could really step up this season and could be great value for a 9th round pick, but Foster is still there to vulture carries.

R.Williams is a stud WR, but doesn't seem to offer as much value with a 4th round pick.

Thoughts??

Standard scoring, 10 team league. We have to keep one player from last season's roster - and give the player's 2006 draft position up in the 2007 season's draft. So, player's performance is important, but value is key as well.

The guys I am thinking of keeping and their 2006 draft position are:

Thomas Jones (RB-NYJ) - 7th Round pick

DeAngelo Williams (RB- CAR) - 9th Round pick

Roy Williams (WR-DET) - 4th Round pick

Jones looks like a good value - starting RB for a 7th round pick. But I wonder how much the Jets will be able to do offensively in that division... they have to play 3 tough defenses home and away (Pats, Bills, Fins).

D.Williams could really step up this season and could be great value for a 9th round pick, but Foster is still there to vulture carries.

R.Williams is a stud WR, but doesn't seem to offer as much value with a 4th round pick.

Thoughts??

I'd go with your gut.... T Jones looks like the right choice.

I think all 3 guys are good value for where you could have them, but Jones or Williams is the best value. I like Jones better because I like where the Jets are headed on both their O-line & their D. That spells success for a RB, and he doesn't have a lot of competition for carries there. It would be awfully hard to knock Williams for a 9th rounder, though. An argument could certainly be made for keeping him instead.

I think all 3 guys are good value for where you could have them, but Jones or Williams is the best value. I like Jones better because I like where the Jets are headed on both their O-line & their D. That spells success for a RB, and he doesn't have a lot of competition for carries there. It would be awfully hard to knock Williams for a 9th rounder, though. An argument could certainly be made for keeping him instead.

Which Williams? :D

I agree with the other assessments, Thomas Jones will likely provide you the best bang for your buck...er draft spot. 7th rounder for a legitimate starter or 9th rounder for a potential starter.. I'll take the legitmate starter every day of the week.

Yes, the 4th for Roy is a nice value, but not as nive as Jones for a 7th