[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady and the mediocrity gauge

Hugh 0ne

All of you clowns that have been hanging on Brady's sack, refusing to admit that it was the team around him that made him succesful, you're going to get your chance to see what he's really made of.

With the established running game, and stellar WR and TE's, if Brady is indeed an elite NFL QB, he'll have to throw for 4500 yards and 40 TD's this season. Anything less proves that he's nothing more than an underachieving system QB.

Discuss.

:D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha... I smell bait.

He doesnt need to go for 4500 and 40. Especially when he has Maroney running for a lot of yards and and touchdowns.

If teams want to focus on the pass, they'll pound Maroney. If they try and stop the run, the Pats will go pass. The have the freedom and flexibility to take what ever the defense gives them. And they'll succeed. This guy is this generations Joe Montana. Plenty of elite qb's never sniffed 40 TD's

Man, what a dumb post. With a running game and defence like he has, why would he pass that much this season? His success should be measured by winning.

Montana had some pretty good players around him. Guess he was overrated too.

You'll learn, over time, that 99% of this guy's posts are dumb.........

Oh, and there is one QB in the NFL that I would take over Tom Brady, and, NO, IT ISN'T BEN ROETHLISBERGER. :D

This is also assuming that Moss and Stallworth can stay healthy for a full season, which is a massive "if."

If you need 4,500 yds and 40 TDs to prove to yourself that Brady is an elite QB, you haven't been watching the NFL for the past six years.

This is also assuming that Moss and Stallworth can stay healthy for a full season, which is a massive "if."

If you need 4,500 yds and 40 TDs to prove to yourself that Brady is an elite QB, you haven't been watching the NFL for the past six years.

Well, he has been watching the Vikings, so, there is some truth to that statement. :D

All of you clowns that have been hanging on Brady's sack, refusing to admit that it was the team around him that made him succesful, you're going to get your chance to see what he's really made of.

Let's see:

1. Aikman had Emmitt, Irvin & a tremendous defense

2. Bradshaw had Franco, Swann, Stallworth & a tremendous defense

3. Staubach had Dorsett, Johnson and the Doomsday Def.

4. Favre had Levens, Freeman and Sharpe, and a defense led by Reggie White

5. Montana had Craig, Taylor, Rice and Taylor

6. Warner had Marshall, Holt and Bruce

7. Elway had TD, Sharpe and Smith.

On the other hand, Brady won two Super Bowls with Antowain Smith, Troy Brown, David Givens and David Patten.

Now, please tell me again how it was Brady, and not the other QBs listed above, that won because of the team around him...it certainly appears that Brady won with the least.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I smell viking. And it's an ugly smell...

Yep, but I already got a few bites. :D

I especially love how Swerski can't help himself with his constant condescending posts. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Agreed.

For all the Brady backers out there, now that he has quality WR's, a first round pick at RB, first round pick at TE, first round pick on the offensive line, it is time he steps up and challenges the numbers Peyton Manning has been able to produce. If he does not, it proves he is not as good.

With the established running game, and stellar WR and TE's, if Brady is indeed an elite NFL QB, he'll have to throw for 4500 yards and 40 TD's this season. Anything less proves that he's nothing more than an underachieving system QB.

Discuss.

And you laugh at my posts. :D

Stupid.

"refusing to admit that it was the team around him that made him succesful, "

If this is true than why was Drew Bledsoe only able to quarterback that same team to a 5-11 record the year prior to Brady's starting and leading them to a Superbowl victory, which is the same year that Bledsoe started the Pats off 0 and 2 before Brady took over the reigns?

More telling is the fact that Drew Bledsoe is the one quarterback whose stats were, prior to the advent of Brady, on a par with Mannings. Bledsoe was the model for the fact that stats don't win football games (and I was saying this for years during his tenure in New England and so wanted him benched for the longest time because of it)...only winning wins football games.

Anyone remember a guy named Michael Bishop? He was Bledsoe's backup prior to Brady and I like a lot of people in New England were rooting for Bledsoe to be injured or benched for that guy simply because I was sick and tired of watching Bledsoe's losing ways and the droves of people who supported his posturing for the simple reason that he racked up stats. When Bledsoe finally did get injured courtesy of Mo Lewis and Brady took over to do what he did, it was like a dream come true for fans like me.

Edited by Crazysight

yup

I smell viking. And it's an ugly smell...

Well, he has been watching the Vikings, so, there is some truth to that statement. :D

:D All great ones

Stupid.

"refusing to admit that it was the team around him that made him succesful, "

If this is true than why was Drew Bledsoe only able to quarterback that same team to a 5-11 record the year prior to Brady's starting and leading them to a Superbowl victory, which is the same year that Bledsoe started the Pats off 0 and 2 before Brady took over the reigns?

More telling is the fact that Drew Bledsoe is the one quarterback whose stats were, prior to the advent of Brady, on a par with Mannings. Bledsoe was the model for the fact that stats don't win football games (and I was saying this for years during his tenure in New England and so wanted him benched for the longest time because of it)...only winning wins football games.

Anyone remember a guy named Michael Bishop? He was Bledsoe's backup prior to Brady and I like a lot of people in New England were rooting for Bledsoe to be injured or benched for that guy simply because I was sick and tired of watching Bledsoe's losing ways and the droves of people who supported his posturing for the simple reason that he racked up stats. When Bledsoe finally did get injured courtesy of Mo Lewis and Brady took over to do what he did, it was like a dream come true for fans like me.

:D:D

Discuss.

Please tell me that your not questioning Mr. Brady eliteness? 3 rings. Nuff said.

He will have his best statistical season this year and NO he does not need to throw for the yards and TD's that you state to be elite. He already is.