[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3rd Pick, New PPR Keeper League - Lynch or WR?

merc

3rd Pick, New 12 Team PPR Keeper League. Scoring: All TDs=6, 10rush/rec=1, 20pass=1, PPR=.5 for RBs and 1pt for WR/TEs. QB, 2RB, 2WR, FL(RB/WR/TE), K, D.

So far I have SJax and Travis Henry on my roster. I am on the clock with my 3rd pick. After this pick, it will be 19 picks before my next pick.

Which should I take M. Lynch, or a WR?

The only WRs taken so far are Smith, Holt, Chad Johnson and Calvin Johnson.

If I take a WR, which guy should I take keeping in mind this is a keeper league and we can keep up to 4 players next year.

Thanks for the help!

With the way the flex is set-up (potentially 3RBs & 2WRs each week) and having to wait 19 more picks with Lynch as the best back on the board, I have to go Lynch.

This assumes that by the time you pick again you'll really be scraping the bottom of the RBs and not knowing who else is left at RB, Lynch is my call

Thanks for the help.

Yes, this is the 3.03, 27th pick. and 20 of them have been RBs.

Lynch is the top rated RB still available with a few guys under him also taken. Edge is also available.

I am tempted to take TO or Harrison but their age probably makes them a non keeper for 2008?

So far, the votes are:

Lynch - 1

WR - 1

Well I can see your case for Lynch being a PPR and a keeper league. Guys like Fitz or Wayne could be considered as well at this spot, being a keeper league I'd prefer them over Owens or Harrison. Tough call, but I think I'd go with one of the above WR being you can start 3 with the flex. I think Lynch is in for a tough year with the schedule he has. Fitz has a nice schedule during the playoff weeks.

Maybe it's just my opinion but I look at Lynch at 3.03 as a reach with solid WR options (young no less) available. I think that you are better off going stud WR here and thinking about a value RB pick later if you are convinced that RB flex is the way to go. A larger list of available RBs would be beneficial. Has Marion Barber gone? T Jones? Deuce McAllister?

Based off the info that you gave us, my vote is to take Reggie Wayne and enjoy the career year he is about to have.

+1

It's a ppr league. WRs' value climbs dramatically. Lynch still has no track record in the pros and despite what his biggest proponents say, there is no guarantee that he'll make it as a featured NFL RB, much less be studly enough to take him where you are thinking of taking him.

A golden opportunity is presenting itself. Wayne is sitting there and you can expect Manning to be throwing tons of passes to him for at least the next 6-7 years at least. Your #1 & #2 RBs are already established and extremely strong.

This isn't even worth pondering - you take Wayne.

+1

It's a ppr league. WRs' value climbs dramatically. Lynch still has no track record in the pros and despite what his biggest proponents say, there is no guarantee that he'll make it as a featured NFL RB, much less be studly enough to take him where you are thinking of taking him.

A golden opportunity is presenting itself. Wayne is sitting there and you can expect Manning to be throwing tons of passes to him for at least the next 6-7 years at least. Your #1 & #2 RBs are already established and extremely strong.

This isn't even worth pondering - you take Wayne.

Absolutely. Hitch up and enjoy the ride with Wayne. Let someone else do the gambling in this spot.

I agree on Wayne. It's tempting to take rookies in keeper leagues, but the important thing is to try to win this year. Finding a future stud is great, but not if it means not winning for a couple of years. Wayne will help you now and in the future. Lynch is a rookie facing a horrendous schedule against the run this year, and you've already got 2 solid RB's. Play to win this year. Take Wayne.