[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone ever been to Stuttgart?

lions suck

Leaving the 16th. on a buisness trip to Stuttgart Germany. Got about a day of free time to explore. Company's sending me to the Mercedes Museum but wondered what else to see. Any suggestions? Also want to buy a coo-coo clock somewhere there.

How long are you there for and do you have a car? I lived in Germany for 4 years (77-81) there are alot of great places to checkout. A good trip is to head to Mainz and go up the Rhine (do the west side, and stop at St Goar, should be able to find a good closk there). Then come back down the other side thru Rudesheim. It's a great trip. And some good wine also.

You could also try Rothenburg. It is one of the oldest walled cities in Germany.

Stuttgart is a very big town so there are plenty of things to do. The only real concern is to make sur eyou visit to U.S.-friendly establishments. I was there in the late 80s and early 90s and had a great time. you just have to remember that it is more of an industrial minded town rather than a toursit oriented town. This means there are a few that could care less for Americans; just stear clear of them and you'll have a good time.

How long are you there for and do you have a car? I lived in Germany for 4 years (77-81) there are alot of great places to checkout. A good trip is to head to Mainz and go up the Rhine (do the west side, and stop at St Goar, should be able to find a good closk there). Then come back down the other side thru Rudesheim. It's a great trip. And some good wine also.

You could also try Rothenburg. It is one of the oldest walled cities in Germany.

Don't forget to get a bottle of Asbach (basically a brandy) in Rudesheim (only place it's made), great stuff. It's basically a touristy town, but in this case that's a good thing. The town right across the river (forget the name - Baden Baden?) is similar.

I've been a couple of times, but mostly in the winter. They have a great Chrismas festival/garden that goes through most of December. The city center has some nice shops and restaurants. Where are you staying?

They have a pretty nice soccer/football stadium, so if you're into that you may want to check out the schedule and go to a game.

Edited by justin