[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lake george , ny

isleseeya

My avi is a picture of lake george ..go there every year ( for past 7 years ) for family vacation ..stay in a cabin ( bonnie view is name of hotel with cabins on lake ) 50 yards from lake

Absolutely love it there and there is a great deal to do ...renting boat , fishing , swimming all on lake ..plus within 15 miles there is a water park , great escapes (theme park owned by 6 flags ) , horseback riding ,go kart racing , bowling alley , etc ..and saratoga race track ( truly gorgeous ) is only 30 minutes away

Its my nirvana

Any other huddlers go to lake george ?

I leave this friday for 10 days there and can't wait

I'm only about 45min south of Lake George.

We normally rent houses on nearby Brant or Loon lakes when we go up there. It used to be quieter and less expensive than Lake George.

I hope to buy a vacation home up that way in the future.

I grew up there and my folks still live there. So, to me, LG is meh. When I head back that way I usually go to Saratoga or farther north to Lake Placid, or Saranac Lake. Too many tourists in LG.

My avi is a picture of lake george ..go there every year ( for past 7 years ) for family vacation ..stay in a cabin ( bonnie view is name of hotel with cabins on lake ) 50 yards from lake

Absolutely love it there and there is a great deal to do ...renting boat , fishing , swimming all on lake ..plus within 15 miles there is a water park , great escapes (theme park owned by 6 flags ) , horseback riding ,go kart racing , bowling alley , etc ..and saratoga race track ( truly gorgeous ) is only 30 minutes away

Its my nirvana

That's funny. My co-worker goes there every year and loves it.

I grew up there and my folks still live there. So, to me, LG is meh. When I head back that way I usually go to Saratoga or farther north to Lake Placid, or Saranac Lake. Too many tourists in LG.

Pretty cool jet

I think as a kid living there it may get boring but I definitely would love a summer home there at the least ..beautiful place imo

Its my nirvana

Yep, I live literally 20 mins from Lake George. My daughter get's the all-season pass for Great Escape every year.

It's a great place to camp... especially during bike week.

They have lots to do. And don't even get me going about the Saratoga race track, August is a few short weeks away :D

Yep, I live literally 20 mins from Lake George. My daughter get's the all-season pass for Great Escape every year.

It's a great place to camp... especially during bike week.

They have lots to do. And don't even get me going about the Saratoga race track, August is a few short weeks away :D

That is really cool ..I would not mind that set up at all

My parents spent their honeymoon there 45 years ago and go back on a regular basis. They go to Word of Life for a week each summer and usually go to LG at least once during their week at WoL.

I have never been there myself, but my folks love it. :D

Sure, lots of tourists... and why? Because it's a great spot. Lake Sacondaga is also not far away, and is much like Lake George but with fewer tourists. I'm sure I spelled it wrong... but lake trout, smb, lmb are abumdant in that lake too. I is very similar to Lake Goerge topographically, but the night life in Lake George durong he summer is pretty good too... some great bands I've seen there... before they made it big time. Dave Mathews for one....

+1, My old stompin grounds when I lived up there and had a bike. Summer in LG has gotten pretty crowded and touristy, but still no doubt one of the most beautiful lakes anywhere. And close to many other great places as you say.