[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowherd's Top Ten Programs of the Decade

Rockerbraves

Well he is an idiot then.

My top 5

1. USC - USC has 2 titles, and was in the title game a 3rd time.

2 OU - OU played in 3 title games, and won 1 out right

3. Ohio St - played in 2 title games, won one outright over Miami

4. Miami - played in 2 title games, won one outright over Nebraska

5. Texas - won the only title game they played in, outright, over what was called the best college team ever USC.

6. Florida - won the title last yr. outright

7. LSU - won a split championship

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I like his show, but this list is meaningless if he seriously has USC at #3 -

I heard him discuss this. Because it was for the last 10 years, he has to discount USC for those first 5 years, prior to the Carroll Era. For the last 5 years, he said USC is easily #1. If OSU had beaten FLA the last time, they would've been #1. Oh, and its just one man's opinion...

Edited by Coffeeman

I heard him discuss this. Because it was for the last 10 years, he has to discount USC for those first 5 years, prior to the Carroll Era. For the last 5 years, he said USC is easily #1. If OSU had beaten FLA the last time, they would've been #1. Oh, and its just one man's opinion...

I dont see how he can put LSU in his top 5 period. This program loses games it should win consistently, and has 1 won game worth mentioning in the last 40 yrs, and that was with Nick Saban as the coach.

I dont see how he can put LSU in his top 5 period. This program loses games it should win consistently, and has 1 won game worth mentioning in the last 40 yrs, and that was with Nick Saban as the coach.

Chalk it up to Rockertool to not fully explaining his reasoning. It wasn't JUST about wins/losses and national championships.

I listened to the segment in question and he explained several parameters. Wins, obviously. National championships, consistency (10+ win seasons, etc.), players in the NFL, etc.

Chalk it up to Rockertool to not fully explaining his reasoning. It wasn't JUST about wins/losses and national championships.

I listened to the segment in question and he explained several parameters. Wins, obviously. National championships, consistency (10+ win seasons, etc.), players in the NFL, etc.

LOL...Darin, glad you fully explained what I meant when I wrote "based on 2 great coaches, national championship, brutal conference schedule, big wins, NFL players, etc." :D

GEAUX TIGERS!

LSU isnt even the best team, in the SEC. And who is so great from this school in the pros today? A couple of rookies have the best chance of making a showing for the future. Hell Vandy has better prospects playing in teh NFL today, than LSU.......

:D

LSU isnt even the best team, in the SEC. And who is so great from this school in the pros today? A couple of rookies have the best chance of making a showing for the future. Hell Vandy has better prospects playing in teh NFL today, than LSU.......

LSU is arguably the most talented defensive team to come along in awhile. Wouldn't surprise me if they all get drafted in the first round . :D

LSU is arguably the most talented defensive team to come along in awhile. Wouldn't surprise me if they all get drafted in the first round . :D

arguably, what is that, your opinion you want to others to argue with you about. I can name 5 teams in the last 5 yrs, better than LSU will be defensively. So I hardly call that arguably, its more like your opinion. And I call it a complete joke.

I don't know how USC is not #1 on that list. They had an amazing 5 year run, and you could throw in last year and make it 5 being that they DID win the rose bowl. LSU has had one really good season in 2003, an above average season in 2006 and 2001. Even if you were to throw in those other parameters, I fail to understand what makes those other parameters trump a 5 year run like USC where they put together 3 amazing seaons and 2 above averge seasons and have there fair share of NFL talent as well.

I don't know how USC is not #1 on that list. They had an amazing 5 year run, and you could throw in last year and make it 5 being that they DID win the rose bowl. LSU has had one really good season in 2003, an above average season in 2006 and 2001. Even if you were to throw in those other parameters, I fail to understand what makes those other parameters trump a 5 year run like USC where they put together 3 amazing seaons and 2 above averge seasons and have there fair share of NFL talent as well.

No doubt USC has had a great program over the years, however as a long time Tiger fan, I appreciate the fact that LSU football has never been better and will one day be looked upon as the good old days. Since 2000 LSU has won 70 games, been to 7 bowl games, winning 5 of them, producied 14 All Americans, 34 draft picks, 7 number one draft picks, and have been ranked 6 of those 7 years.

Life is good right now, if you are a Tiger fan.

LOL...Darin, glad you fully explained what I meant when I wrote "based on 2 great coaches, national championship, brutal conference schedule, big wins, NFL players, etc." :D

GEAUX TIGERS!

You were obviously only referring to LSU's top-billing, which led Sarge down the wrong path in terms of how the list was compiled. Genius. You needed to be more detailed, stating that Cowherd's list was based on several factors. Your initial post appeared to be nothing but LSU knob-slobbing.

:D <=== buy yourself a clue...

By Superman do you mean the BCS NC game? One peat USC. :D

I certainly hope that you're not foolish enough to believe that LSU is in the same class as SC? The Trojans have clearly been the best college football program over the last 5 years.

My Top 5 the last 5 years:

USC

Ohio St.

Florida

Texas

LSU

Edited by theprofessor

Actually I was giving some love to Vincent Young but I'm sure you knew that

Even as a Sooner fan, I have to take my hat off to VY. he is by far the most dominate player in college football in the last 20 yrs. Nobody could have done what he did in that Rose Bowl.

Edit, He practically did the same thing the year before in the Rose Bowl. And to think they gave the Heisman to Reggie Bush. what a joke that turned out to be. Not just because of the scandal he brought to his name, but because of the Hype he was, compared to the real deal VY is.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Even as a Sooner fan, I have to take my hat off to VY. he is by far the most dominate player in college football in the last 20 yrs. Nobody could have done what he did in that Rose Bowl.

Edit, He practically did the same thing the year before in the Rose Bowl. And to think they gave the Heisman to Reggie Bush. what a joke that turned out to be. Not just because of the scandal he brought to his name, but because of the Hype he was, compared to the real deal VY is.