Sign in to follow this  
Tuff Luck

Keeper Advice

My players are in my sig. I am pretty confident on five and am thinking of only keeping 5 because it looks like only 3 players are keeping 5 so I would have 2 out of the first five picks. I would have the 2nd and 5th pick overall. Won't pick again until 18th.

I think I will keep

Brady

LJ

Benson

Colston

A. Johnson

Top Players available so far

T. Henry

A. Boldin

A. Peterson

M. Lynch

DeAngelo Williams

Randy Moss

E. Manning

Am I wrong for wanting to keep Brady? I have a really good feeling about him. So is McGahee or Jacobs worth keeping over any of the available players?

I'd keep 6 if I were you:

Brady

LJ, Jacobs, Norwood

Colston, A Johnson

If I had started in a redraft with those guys being my first 6 picks in the draft, I'd be feeling pretty good about my chances in the rest of the draft. The only thing I might do differently is to drop Norwood & pick up Peterson or Lynch if I were allowed to see some preseason before declaring keepers.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I would keep Brady unless you can get Henry, Boldin and RMoss or either Peterson/DeAngelo....

what picks would you have if you let Brady go?...

Same picks. If I were to keep 6 I would probably have the 4th pick overall.

BB you would keep norwood and jacobs over benson? Are you not convinced about Benson? Do you think Norwood will surpass Dunn?

I would keep Brady unless you can get Henry, Boldin and RMoss or either Peterson/DeAngelo....

what picks would you have if you let Brady go?...

Same picks. If I were to keep 6 I would probably have the 4th pick overall.

BB you would keep norwood and jacobs over benson? Are you not convinced about Benson? Do you think Norwood will surpass Dunn?

Crap, I completely missed Benson on your roster because he was at the end of the RB list. Let me switch my opinion - now it's a no-brainer, IMO:

Keep 6:

Brady

LJ, Benson, Jacobs

Colston, A Johnson

Crap, I completely missed Benson on your roster because he was at the end of the RB list. Let me switch my opinion - now it's a no-brainer, IMO:

Keep 6:

Brady

LJ, Benson, Jacobs

Colston, A Johnson

I disagree. If by letting Jacobs go, you are picking 2nd in your draft as you most likely say, then you have a legitimate shot at Henry. You take Henry if he is not taken #1. And if he is taken at #1, you can redraft Jacobs, if he is the best available in your opinion, so you have cost yourself nothing for the opportunity of making a significant RB improvement.

I disagree. If by letting Jacobs go, you are picking 2nd in your draft as you most likely say, then you have a legitimate shot at Henry. You take Henry if he is not taken #1. And if he is taken at #1, you can redraft Jacobs, if he is the best available in your opinion, so you have cost yourself nothing for the opportunity of making a significant RB improvement.

:D

Dammit! I missed that too!

I did something that is really a pet-peeve of mine when others do it in that I answered without getting all the information before answering.

If you are sure Henry will be avaliable, I agree with BC's strategy. It's right on target and better than my answer by a wide margin. My apologies. BC called me on it and rightfully so.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Dammit! I missed that too!

I did something that is really a pet-peeve of mine when others do it in that I answered without getting all the information before answering.

If you are sure Henry will be avaliable, I agree with BC's strategy. It's right on target and better than my answer by a wide margin. My apologies. BC called me on it and rightfully so.

I didn't mean to call you on it. I thought that even though you and I are both high on Henry this year, that maybe you were really hihg on Jacobs for some reason and felt the risk of losing him wasn't worth the chance of getting Henry.

I didn't mean to call you on it. I thought that even though you and I are both high on Henry this year, that maybe you were really hihg on Jacobs for some reason and felt the risk of losing him wasn't worth the chance of getting Henry.

I'm admittedly high on Jacobs, but I don't have the same esteem for him that I do Henry. In fact, in a 5/6 player keeper league, I find it nothing short of amazing that Henry is hitting the FA pool. He's a borderline late 1st round draft pick.

In any case, when I step in it like I did here, I expect to get whacked, and I appreciate you doing the honors. It's one thing to disagree about value, it's an entirely different thing to completely miss the boat like I did in this thread. That deserves a 2X4 upside the head.

Edited by Bronco Billy

The owner who dropped T Henry Kept P. Manning, F. Gore, R. Bush, M. Harrison, TO and Steve Smith. Would you have dropped one of those WR? That would have been a tough decision wish I had that problem.

I'm admittedly high on Jacobs, but I don't have the same esteem for him that I do Henry. In fact, in a 5/6 player keeper league, I find it nothing short of amazing that Henry is hitting the FA pool. He's a borderline late 1st round draft pick.

In any case, when I step in it like I did here, I expect to get whacked, and I appreciate you doing the honors. It's one thing to disagree about value, it's an entirely different thing to completely miss the boat like I did in this thread. That deserves a 2X4 upside the head.

The owner who dropped T Henry Kept P. Manning, F. Gore, R. Bush, M. Harrison, TO and Steve Smith. Would you have dropped one of those WR? That would have been a tough decision wish I had that problem.

You're right, of course, given his keepers. How does he not trade away Bush or Henry & get a high draft pick for them?

No need to bring up the whole draft slot value argument here... LT is like having almost any two other first round backs... okay... there, I said it. :D

You're right, of course, given his keepers. How does he not trade away Bush or Henry & get a high draft pick for them?

Definitely no way he drops one of those WRs for Henry given his other RBs (unless you can start 3 RBs, then it is a tougher call). And he should definitely be shopping for picks.

No need to bring up the whole draft slot value argument here... LT is like having almost any two other first round backs... okay... there, I said it. :D