[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the wii

tonorator

• 8 months later...
any great wii game recommendations?

I just got the "Game Party" disc.

It's pretty good for bar/arcade style games.

Darts (301, 501, 701, cricket, and baseball)

Skill Ball (like bowling, was called Skee Ball as a kid)

Hoop Shoot (basketball shooting contest)

Table Hockey (much better than the one on "Play")

Shuffleboard

Ping Cup (ping pong bounce into dixie cups)

Trivia (multiple choice game)

I do like the "Play" disc as well, but mostly for shooting 9-ball.

I've had my Wii for all of 3 weeks now.

I played the Simpsons Game. That was a lot of fun. Short though.

I went back in time and got Super Mario Sunshine for the GameCube. I liked it despite it not being rated highly.

Now I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy. It's a damn fine game indeed.

Based on the reviews here, I'll probably pick up:

Mario Party 8

Game Party

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Plus when the new Mario Kart comes out, I'll be on that like Tara Reid on a jockstrap. All of the Kart games have kicked ass.

I've had my Wii for all of 3 weeks now.

I played the Simpsons Game. That was a lot of fun. Short though.

I went back in time and got Super Mario Sunshine for the GameCube. I liked it despite it not being rated highly.

Based on the reviews here, I'll probably pick up:

Mario Party 8

Game Party

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Plus when the new Mario Kart comes out, I'll be on that like Tara Reid on a jockstrap. All of the Kart games have kicked ass.

if you like those, i would highly suggest Zack and Wiki. it didn't get a lot of hype, but it was a solid game, especially if you like puzzle-solving.

if you like those, i would highly suggest Zack and Wiki. it didn't get a lot of hype, but it was a solid game, especially if you like puzzle-solving.

That's the second time I've had that recommended to me, and the reviews are all good, so I'll have to check it out.

You dont think its too kiddy? It could be so much more fun to me if I didnt hear all the "YAHOOOOOS" and WEEEEEs". I actually quit playing it a while back, and now it collets dust.

You dont think its too kiddy? It could be so much more fun to me if I didnt hear all the "YAHOOOOOS" and WEEEEEs". I actually quit playing it a while back, and now it collets dust.

pssh.... whatev. If you take out those sounds, you might as well take out the "Doink Doink Doink" noise when you go down a pipe. They are a historical part of the franchise.

I like how they integrated all the features of the Wiimote. Shaking to spin, swiping to throw, pointing to collect stuff, and it all flows really well. Nintendo makes good games for their systems.

Still can't find it here. Why does Wii hate the rednecks?

A co-worker had to stand in line at Target to get one a few weeks ago. They handed out vouchers before they opened and they were all gone before they even opened the doors. Unreal the demand for these things. Plenty of PS3's and XBoxes out there to be had.

can you play over wifi?

You sure can. If you havent done it yet, give it a whirl. Just get accustomed to navigating it, and we can play at some point. you have to get a "friend code", so I hope you dont mind considering me a "friend" before I bash you to pieces. :wacko:

pssh.... whatev. If you take out those sounds, you might as well take out the "Doink Doink Doink" noise when you go down a pipe. They are a historical part of the franchise.

I like how they integrated all the features of the Wiimote. Shaking to spin, swiping to throw, pointing to collect stuff, and it all flows really well. Nintendo makes good games for their systems.

"Doink Doink Doink" is classic, but the WEEEs and YAHOOOOs and all the other childish sounds are not. I can see how it could be fun to some people, but the game is really too easy. At least the 10+ hours I tried playing it anyway.

You sure can. If you havent done it yet, give it a whirl. Just get accustomed to navigating it, and we can play at some point. you have to get a "friend code", so I hope you dont mind considering me a "friend" before I bash you to pieces. :wacko:

"Doink Doink Doink" is classic, but the WEEEs and YAHOOOOs and all the other childish sounds are not. I can see how it could be fun to some people, but the game is really too easy. At least the 10+ hours I tried playing it anyway.

yeah, the WEEEEEEE's and YAHOOOO'S are from Mario 64 (Nintendo 64 FYI)...they aren't from the original...

I seriously don't know how Nintendo dropped the ball on "Little Big Planet"....this was made for the Wii, but Nintendo declined and Sony scooped it up....

this game would have been a great and much needed addition to the Wii collection ...

but Galaxy and the Zelda game are both great purchases....as is the Resident Evil game for the Wii

Rayman Raving Rabbits is a blast.

If you think you can get into the Guitar Hero thing then I would look for the Legends of Rock package. Everyone in my house from 11 and up loves it.

My kids hated Raving Rabbids because they thought it was too hard. I thought it looked pretty funny.

We've been playing Mario and Sonic Olympics lately as well as the boys playing Smash Bros. all the time. They're already drooling over Mario Kart.

BTW, if you do a prebuy at Gamestop, you get the package with the wheel in it for the same price.

I consider Mario 64 a classic. Revolutionary to the 3D genre.

yuup...one of the best games of all time...

but the other sound effects that were referred to are from the original Mario game....which was over 20 years ago...

I could do without most of the stuff from Mario 64 except for the sick gameplay that was presented in the game...