Sign in to follow this  
tonorator

the wii

we just scored one yesterday. what a blast!

i will advise you to stretch and loosen up before playing. after playing golf and baseball with the kids for half the night, my hugh muscles are sore. this thing is a workout ...

looking forward to adding some new games beyond the sports. any great wii game recommendations? looking for ones that take advantage of it's unique controller functionality.

i will advise you to stretch and loosen up before playing. after playing golf and baseball with the kids for half the night, my hugh muscles are sore. this thing is a workout ...

looking forward to adding some new games beyond the sports. any great wii game recommendations? looking for ones that take advantage of it's unique controller functionality.

I wanna get one eventually... Try Resident Evil 4. Great game if you never played it, and worth it if you did. Supposedly with the new controls its a different experience altogether.

I am debating getting one. I wish they were a little cheaper.

Thanks for your input though ... makes me want one more.

First off, I have a Wii, and had the same reaction as you when I got it. In fact, I still absolutely love it when we have people over, it is a blast. I don't regret buying it.

However, the biggest problem I've found, is none of the other games have been able to duplicate the greatness of the free game that comes with the Wii (Wii Sports). I've only tried Madden and Tiger Woods golf, and I was disappointed in both. Madden was decent, but, once the coolness of using the remote wore off, I missed the gameplay and graphics of the XBox 360 version. Tiger Woods gold, I thought, was going to be perfect. I absolutely loved the golf on Wii Sports, but, Tiger Woods, despite having the graphics, golfers, and courses, couldn't duplicated the one-to-one swinging mechanism of the Wii Sports Golf.

I think there is great potential for the Wii, but, I'm just waiting for a game to take full advantage of it. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy Wii Sports when we have company over. It is a big hit. However, I find myself playing it less and less when I'm by myself.

my sister brought hers over to my place this weekend, and it was fun. not a bad thing to have around at all for family fun, or if you have people over, or just for general non-gamers. i could see it getting real tiresome though for the kind of person who likes to hunker down and get their :D on -- it will never be the system of choice for them, IMO.

my sister brought hers over to my place this weekend, and it was fun. not a bad thing to have around at all for family fun, or if you have people over, or just for general non-gamers. i could see it getting real tiresome though for the kind of person who likes to hunker down and get their :D on -- it will never be the system of choice for them, IMO.

Agreed. All I ever play are sports simulations, so, this thing has a lot of potential. For example, next year, if they can simply take the Tiger Woods golf game and make the swing work like Wii Sports Golf, I would be completely sold. Then come up with a Bowling and Tennis game with career modes that play as well as the Wii Sports versions, and once again, I'm sold. The potential is there.

We love ours, and you can also download old NES, Super NES and Genesis game onto it, which is pretty sweet.

Agreed. All I ever play are sports simulations, so, this thing has a lot of potential. For example, next year, if they can simply take the Tiger Woods golf game and make the swing work like Wii Sports Golf, I would be completely sold. Then come up with a Bowling and Tennis game with career modes that play as well as the Wii Sports versions, and once again, I'm sold. The potential is there.

Did you try Zelda?

Did you try Zelda?

this is one the kids want. would love to hear any feedback on it. ign.com is a pretty good site as well for exploring new games (and a bunch of other stuff).

You know whats even more fun?

Playing tennis or going golfing...

this is one the kids want. would love to hear any feedback on it. ign.com is a pretty good site as well for exploring new games (and a bunch of other stuff).

I havnt played it but I want to purchase the wii for Zelda. Alot of people are saying its the game of the year.

First off, I have a Wii, and had the same reaction as you when I got it. In fact, I still absolutely love it when we have people over, it is a blast. I don't regret buying it.

However, the biggest problem I've found, is none of the other games have been able to duplicate the greatness of the free game that comes with the Wii (Wii Sports). I've only tried Madden and Tiger Woods golf, and I was disappointed in both. Madden was decent, but, once the coolness of using the remote wore off, I missed the gameplay and graphics of the XBox 360 version. Tiger Woods gold, I thought, was going to be perfect. I absolutely loved the golf on Wii Sports, but, Tiger Woods, despite having the graphics, golfers, and courses, couldn't duplicated the one-to-one swinging mechanism of the Wii Sports Golf.

I think there is great potential for the Wii, but, I'm just waiting for a game to take full advantage of it. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy Wii Sports when we have company over. It is a big hit. However, I find myself playing it less and less when I'm by myself.

Same here. Mrs. Egret got a Marble Madness type game. I haven't played it, but it looks cool. There's a cooking game that looks fun. I like my 360 too much. It's got my kind of games, and I can listen to my music while playing.

Same here. Mrs. Egret got a Marble Madness type game. I haven't played it, but it looks cool. There's a cooking game that looks fun. I like my 360 too much. It's got my kind of games, and I can listen to my music while playing.

NTTAWWT

:D

yup- glad you all like it- just not my thing.

If I want a workout- I will go do the real thing. Gaming is for morphing into the couch with a beer and not moving.

Swetaing and video games don't mix IMO.

i could see it getting real tiresome though for the kind of person who likes to hunker down and get their :D on -- it will never be the system of choice for them, IMO.

Agreed, but then the :D crowd is not their target demographic.

Zelda is very good. We got it at Christmas with our Wii. Mario Party 8 looks like it's a souped up version of the Wii Sports type games. These days my kids are chowing on old Gamecube games that will also play in the Wii, since they never had a Cube. We were a PS2 family up til now.

Got one about 4 months ago and really enjoy it. I even downloaded some of the classic NES games. :D

dude that's so 20th century, get with it

That has to be the stupidest idea for a game that I've ever seen.

Rayman and the Raving Rabbids

:tup:

Zelda Is terrific! The different sword attacks use different movements so it feels like you are actually fighting.

Rayman and the Raving Rabbids

:tup:

That game was both fun and funny.

I thought I was getting one for my birthday.

:D Stupid adulthood.

if you enjoy playing with your kids, get WarioWare: Smooth Moves. it's a series of short mini-games that require you to use the wii remote in a bunch of different ways. definitely fun for groups. Wii Play is another one kind of like Wii Sports, but not as good. Mario Party is decent, but it gets a little old. Zelda is a great game. Spider-man 3 is lame. The new Harry Potter has you use the wii remote to cast spells, which is cool, but the game itself is kind of weak. Resident Evil 4 is definitely a good recommendation, but it's pretty violent. and zombies are scary.

in a few months, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3: Corruption and Super Smash Bros. all come out, and all are supposed to be pretty good.

it's Cooking Mama, and it's terrible.

nintendo had its E3 press conference this morning. they're coming out with a gun peripheral where you plug the remote in one part and the nunchuk in another, and it forms a motion-sensing gun. they demo'd it with resident evil 5. it looks damn cool. next year, they're coming out with a motion-sensing steering wheel that will come with Mario Kart, and they have this floor pad for this game called Wii Fit, which tries to trick gamers into doing aerobics. oh yeah, and supposedly, lucasarts is working on some star wars game where you use the wii remote like a lightsaber. :D

Zelda Is terrific! The different sword attacks use different movements so it feels like you are actually fighting.

You know whats even better?

Actually fighting with real swords...

oh wait...