Big Country

What would you do?

Upon second thought, I'd:

1) Give some away ... maybe a battered women's shelter, a home for unwed teens, etc.

:D Aren't most teens these days unwed?

Enjoy wine, women, and song....

.......... then spend the remainder foolishly.

:D sky is on a roll today. I agree that at least a part of it has to be 'mad money', and the rest can be invested wisely. Cuz ya can't take it with ya.

Hmm...that got me to thinking out of the box. (No pun intended, ya dirty old men.) Do you take all your memories into the afterlife? That is, if you're up in Heaven, would God appreciate you reminiscing about all those hookers, frat parties, etc? Comments....

Quit fooling yourself. You would go to the World Series of Poker next year and enter as many tournaments as you could.

I'm not fooling myself. I said i'd either invest it (i.e., play in poker tourneys) or buy some dirt.

my thought would be to go with half prudence, half indulgence. i'd put in a new kitchen and bathroom probably. or maybe buy a car. and then still try to put a significant amount into an IRA or something.

50K ain't as much as it used to be :D

I was thinking that I'd probably handle a $50k windfall differently than a $100k windfall ... which leads me to speculate that the first $XXX for the vast majority of us would be spent on frivolous stuff ... the next $YYY amount would be on practical stuff, and anything above $YYY would be some combination of silly and practical.

A few of us would be all practical (like KevinL), though.

Some to pay down mortgage and other bills. Some to savings and the rest for a "fun" item - home entertainment system?

Buy an island.

a small island.

a sandbar.

Edited by broncosn05

Set up two college funds with enough money to grow for 16 and 18 years into enough for tuitions.

Put a down payment on an addition for the back of the house.

My wife and I came into about 150 k. We payed off all our debt, put 100 k down on a house, and the rest into savings for the twins.

Set up two college funds with enough money to grow for 16 and 18 years into enough for tuitions.

:D did i miss some sort of announcement?

they adopted a poor southern white kid.. named him sunshine and are now reteaching him how to be a human that cares about other humans .

I'd buy the motorcycle I want, my wife a nice piece of jewelry and invest the rest.

Pay off debt, invest the majority, and buy something nice for myself and my fiancee.

+1, well... wife...

Edited by darin3

when your kid comes out with bright red hair, you'll know you missed more than an announcement

:D

Pay off all debts.

+1. Give myself a hugh pay raise by not having a mortgage any more.

i have many times at work and seem to have the uncanny ability to give it all right back!! :D