[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sanctions for Oklahoma come down today

Goopster24

What sucks is Reggie Bush family lived rent free in a 250K house for a yr, and Dwayne Jarrett lived rent free with Leinart, agreeing to pay his dad back after he went pro, and nothing came of it.

Oklahoma finds out 3 of its players are taking more money than they were due, at their job. OU releases those players, and turns themselves into the NCAA, and they get punished like this.

Something is not right with this picture.

What sucks is Reggie Bush family lived rent free in a 250K house for a yr, and Dwayne Jarrett lived rent free with Leinart, agreeing to pay his dad back after he went pro, and nothing came of it.

Oklahoma finds out 3 of its players are taking more money than they were due, at their job. OU releases those players, and turns themselves into the NCAA, and they get punished like this.

But then again QB Mark Sanchez raped a girl, and got away with it, and OJ killed 2 people and got off as well. Must be a SC, Cali thing.

But then again QB Mark Sanchez raped a girl, and got away with it, and OJ killed 2 people and got off as well. Must be a SC, Cali thing.

Wow... So instead of sucking it up, you complain about another team. Classy.

Sanchez was cleared of charges, and OJ killed after he was out of the league.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Wow... So instead of sucking it up, you complain about another team. Classy.

Sanchez was cleared of charges, and OJ killed after he was out of the league.

2005 is the past for me, and I dont live in the past. 0-12, or 8-4 its all the same to me.

My point was, I dont understand how one program can get away with Murder, literally, and major NCAA violations, and nothing comes of it, while another is involved in petty sh*t, 15K total in overpaying players, and the book is handed to them for it.

This isnt as much about SC, as it is about justice. I was using SC to prove my point.+

And do you really think for a minute Sanchez didnt rape that woman. I dont believe that for a second. That was completely brushed under the rug and most people know it.

2005 is the past for me, and I dont live in the past. 0-12, or 8-4 its all the same to me.

My point was, I dont understand how one program can get away with Murder, literally, and major NCAA violations, and nothing comes of it, while another is involved in petty sh*t, 15K total in overpaying players, and the book is handed to them for it.

This isnt as much about SC, as it is about justice. I was using SC to prove my point.+

And do you really think for a minute Sanchez didnt rape that woman. I dont believe that for a second. That was completely brushed under the rug and most people know it.

You nor I know what happened with the Sanchez situation. I've had friends be accused by females of rape when it didnt happen. I'm not saying Sanchez didnt do it, just that i've seen people claim things, only to back off of them. We flat out just don't know. I think bringing it up as a fact is lame.

And my main point is that sanctions came down on OU today, yet you're still trying to turn this into something that looks like a USC bashfest.

USC has absolutley nothing to do with this thread.

Technically they are 0-4 for the record books.

Mwahahaha. Guess there's just no good attorneys that graduate from Oklahoma. Funny, all that finger pointing and the Sooners are the ones hit with major violations. By the way, Sanchez definitely didn't rape that girl. He's probably the nicest guy on the team. After the investigation, the D.A. basically apologized to him for the public police display of bringing him in on such a bogus charge. And Jarrett did pay rent. Leinart wanted to move to an off-campus apartment to get away from the craziness. He asked Jarrett to be his roommie. Leinart comes from a well-to-do family and his father found him an expensive apartment downtown. Leinart and Jarrett each paid $650 a month for the apartment, and Leinart's father paid the remaining $2,566 a month. For any non-athlete in the school, it would be no problem if a friend's father wanted to pick up the extra rent for the two of them to stay in a nicer place. All involved didn't realize it would be a problem for them to have such an arrangement. When it was deemed a problem, Jarrett pledged to pay Leinart's father back.

Mwahahaha. Guess there's just no good attorneys that graduate from Oklahoma. Funny, all that finger pointing and the Sooners are the ones hit with major violations. By the way, Sanchez definitely didn't rape that girl. He's probably the nicest guy on the team. After the investigation, the D.A. basically apologized to him for the public police display of bringing him in on such a bogus charge. And Jarrett did pay rent. Leinart wanted to move to an off-campus apartment to get away from the craziness. He asked Jarrett to be his roommie. Leinart comes from a well-to-do family and his father found him an expensive apartment downtown. Leinart and Jarrett each paid $650 a month for the apartment, and Leinart's father paid the remaining $2,566 a month. For any non-athlete in the school, it would be no problem if a friend's father wanted to pick up the extra rent for the two of them to stay in a nicer place. All involved didn't realize it would be a problem for them to have such an arrangement. When it was deemed a problem, Jarrett pledged to pay Leinart's father back.

When it was deemed a problem at OU, Stoops kicked the starting QB off the team. So that argument makes no sense, a violation was clearly made with Jarrett. And dont give me that crap about Sanchez. That f*cker raped that girl, and the incompetent police dept knew they couldnt get a conviction, so they threw the case out, to avoid another OJ embarassment. . There isnt a problem with attorneys in Oklahoma, as when your guilty and are facing competent counsel, you still go to jail. If LA had that, plus a competent police dept, OJ would be in prison today. This speaks volumes for the city and state you live, and the only reason Sanchez isnt in a cell next to OJ.

And how appropriate you didnt mention Bush. Those infractions he and his family made, should have stripped the NC as well as the Heisman Trophy. But that got brushed under the rug.

BTW, OU wouldnt be under any sancations today, if they didnt come forward and notify the NCAA of the issues. The NCAA certainly didnt have a clue what was going on. All this does is prevent other schools from doing the right thing in the future. Pete Carroll certainly didn't come forward even when he knew Bush family couldnt afford the house they were living in.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

:D

yer big mouth has an answer for everything, such a whiny Rosie O'Donnell, bringin USC into this somehow- grow the f up, and be a man. OU got caught, period, has nothing to do with any other NCAA schools supposed infractions, jeezus yer a str8 windbag nutcase.

Uh, yes u do live in the past- pasr OU success is all you have, and all you talk about . The tradition at OUtlaw continues from Switzer to Stoops. Makes sense tho, the only way you can entice top recruits to that backwater school.

Now your saying that Sanchez committed rape? idyet. What is wrong with you, that you can say someone is guilty of a horrible crime like that all the way frm dustbowl, Texas?

:D

yer big mouth has an answer for everything, such a whiny Rosie O'Donnell, bringin USC into this somehow- grow the f up, and be a man. OU got caught, period, has nothing to do with any other NCAA schools supposed infractions, jeezus yer a str8 windbag nutcase.

Uh, yes u do live in the past- pasr OU success is all you have, and all you talk about . The tradition at OUtlaw continues from Switzer to Stoops. Makes sense tho, the only way you can entice top recruits to that backwater school.

Now your saying that Sanchez committed rape? idyet. What is wrong with you, that you can say someone is guilty of a horrible crime like that all the way frm dustbowl, Texas?

OU didnt get caught. Are you completely clueless. Stoops got wind of this and he kicked the Qb and OL off the team, and took this to the NCAA. Do us a favor and only speak when you have a clue.

This isnt about SC, as it is about the NCAA. The NCAA is a joke. I mentioned SC, as their infractions are 10 times worse. Seriously if the NCAA had a clue, SC would be on probabtion, and lost a NC and Heisman trophy. But because Carroll played stupid and told Reggie to stay away from campus, this got brushed under the rug last fall. The NCAA cant seem to do its job, unless someone admits to a an infraction, and that is what Im talking about.

And where I live makes no difference what Sanchez did. Dude is a rapist, and OJ is a murderer. Those are facts, whether the courts in CA are competent enough to prosecute, are a completely different situation.

Ill tell you this, no other school will come forward after this. They will do what SC did, and play stupid, and stay quiest and hope it blows over, like with Reggie.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Ill tell you this, no other school will come forward after this. They will do what SC did, and play stupid, and stay quiest and hope it blows over, like with Reggie.

Come on Sarge, schools have been coming forward for YEARS and still get punished. The only reason they do is to try to "soften" the blow when the :D does come down. Even my Huskies did a few years back when they got disciplined for amongst other things ..... their head coach, Rick Neuheisel, playing "Horse" with a recruit and back in the early 90's when Mark Brunell and Billy Jo Hobert each got a free hamburger on the "turn" as they were playing a round of golf. Our penalties were much more severe than what the NCAA has levied against your Sooners.

The OU players received pay for work they did not do. Stoop's knew that it was a rule violation and probably knew that they were going to get caught. He turned the program in, hoping that they might receive little or no penalty if they were forthright. And who know's, he probably saved the Sooners from a more serious penalty.

Edited by theprofessor

Come on Sarge, schools have been coming forward for YEARS and still get punished. The only reason they do is to try to "soften" the blow when the :D does come down. Even my Huskies did a few years back when they got disciplined for amongst other things ..... their head coach, Rick Neuheisel, playing "Horse" with a recruit and back in the early 90's when Mark Brunell and Billy Jo Hobert each got a free hamburger on the "turn" as they were playing a round of golf. Our penalties were much more severe than what the NCAA has levied against your Sooners.

The OU players received pay for work they did not do. Stoop's knew that it was a rule violation and probably knew that they were going to get caught. He turned the program in, hoping that they might receive little or no penalty if they were forthright. And who know's, he probably saved the Sooners from a more serious penalty.

I agree with all of this. I think many are missing my point here

My point is, had he not gone to the NCAA, they probably would have got away with it like SC did.

Have to believe the penalties handed down to the Sooners could cause Stoops to head south when Coach Miles takes the job at Michigan. :D

Jest you must. OU loses 2 scholarships the next 2 yrs. I hardly think those sancations are that rough for the future. Now the 8 wins he and the program lost is the problem I see with this penalty, and its already behind us, so that has no bearing on Stoops future. And if Stoops leaves OU, it will be for a Pro job. He turned down the only school he would even consider leaving OU for, and that was FLA.

Sgt. Clown claims with absolute certainty that someone who was never charged is guilty of rape when he knows absolutely nothing about the case. That's all you need to know about Sgt. Clown and everything that comes out of his keyboard.

Lil Napolean here seems to forget there is this lil thing called the internet, and you dont have to be in a certain city to get the news. Wake up McFly, everyone outside of LA knows this punk was guilty. Yet LA knew they couldnt get a conviction, so they didnt charge him. Classic he said, she said, and he is a QB at SC. So who do you think police are going to side with.

And why do you fail to mention R Bush. You defend Sanchez like he was your brother, yet you ignore my claims about Bush, that were all over the same internet, you forgot the rest of the country had access too.

I apologize, a cursory knowledge of Internet news reports on the subject certainly makes you an expert. If only the district attorney's office knew of you, they could have decided to prosecute with you as the lead witness. Well, at least until they found out you wear a clown suit.

Eric Wright was going to be dismissed from USC despite the sexual assault case versus him being dropped. He transferred to UNLV before it happened. Winston Justice was arrested for seeing a prostitute. USC suspended him for a year. Both were first-round NFL talents who ended up being drafted in the second round. USC had no problem punishing them. Sanchez has received no punishment. There was no case against him. There were three others in the apartment at the time the rape was alleged, only one of whom was a football player. They heard no evidence of rape, nor saw any sign of distress on the woman when she left. All witnesses, including a friend of both involved, sided with Sanchez. There were no physical indications of rape. There was no evidence whatsoever. The case was embarrassingly weak, considering the spectacle the LAPD made of arresting him. And, again, Sanchez is not a punk. Far from it. If you had ever met him, or even talked to anyone who has met him, you would know this.

Edited by John_Galt

Lil Napolean here seems to forget there is this lil thing called the internet, and you dont have to be in a certain city to get the news. Wake up McFly, everyone outside of LA knows this punk was guilty. Yet LA knew they couldnt get a conviction, so they didnt charge him. Classic he said, she said, and he is a QB at SC. So who do you think police are going to side with.

And why do you fail to mention R Bush. You defend Sanchez like he was your brother, yet you ignore my claims about Bush, that were all over the same internet, you forgot the rest of the country had access too.

you are out of yer freaking mind. Yer reasoning to finding someone guilty of a serious crime like rape is from the internet?

well done Judge Ito, what was yer ruling in the Kobe Bryant case?

yer ignorance is mind boggling

you are out of yer freaking mind. Yer reasoning to finding someone guilty of a serious crime like rape is from the internet?

well done Judge Ito, what was yer ruling in the Kobe Bryant case?

yer ignorance is mind boggling

Yea, I picked 2 Big 12 North teams to play for the Big 12 title. This is ignorance.

I dont have enough info on the Kobe case to make an assessment. But from what I read about Sanchez he was guilty as hell, and people changing their story later for his benefit, when those same people in the house were partially responsible for his arrest looks fishy as hell.

And still no one defends Reggie Bush claim, which were 10 times worse than what happened at OU. That is mind boggling, or is it, that you tools know he accepted rent free housing for over a yr, for his family, and just dont want to talk about that.

care.

No one outside of the Little 12 cares who is North/South. It is a 2nd tier league right with the ACC and Big East

Lets look at NC by conference since 2000

Big 12 : 2

ACC : 1

Big 10: 1

ACC : 1.5 (split national championship)

Pac 10: 1.5 (Split national championship)

Yea it really is an irrelevant conference...Only 2 national championships in the last 7 years....