[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Greatest President of Our Time

detlef

"You should leave this great country now because you are a coward and a traitor. "

I voted for and supported the current president.

Please explain how I lost this "right" (one of many I fought for) by supporting this president.

How does this make me a "coward and a traitor"? Please be specific.

"You should leave this great country now because you are a coward and a traitor. "

I voted for and supported the current president.

Please explain how I lost this "right" (one of many I fought for) by supporting this president.

How does this make me a "coward and a traitor"? Please be specific.

Well, since you used the past tense, you can be forgiven as simply someone who was duped and/or found the alternative equally distasteful.

I am referring to those who still support him despite his total disregard for the American way. Who support him despite a Stalinesque inclination to bury any information that doesn't conform to his agenda, typically at the expense of the welfare of this country. Who don't seem to be bothered by the fact that... Oh for godsakes! Are you honestly going to make me outline the litany of insanely horrific shortcomings and violations of this administration? Do you live beneath a rock?

In short, those who continue to support a leader who continually acts above the law are cowards. Those who follow a leader who continually violates the fundamentals that this country were founded on is a traitor.

Keep in mind, the absolute nature of my choice of words was chosen because this is exactly what anyone with the courage to stand up and call this a-hole what he really is branded as.

Edited by detlef

those who continue to support a leader who continually acts above the law are cowards. Those who follow a leader who continually violates the fundamentals that this country were founded on is a traitor.

Me thinks you are too young to know any other admin.

Those who follow a leader who continually violates the fundamentals that this country were founded on is a traitor.

So what you are saying is that by adhering to the law and their oath .... all personnel in the U.S. Military are traitors?

Get a f'n grip.

Listen, I'm no freaking anarchist. I'm not setting fires to flags or buildings. I'm not plotting an assassination. Technically, I'm "following" the POTUS just like the next guy. I am referring to people who are not personally outraged by the crimes that this administration commits and the cavalier manner in which it does so. This isn't a call to arms. This is yet another person who is tired of hearing the patriotism of those who refuse to let this guy get away with the crap he has done be called the very words I have chosen.

This is somebody who would frankly rather not be able to say, "I told you so." to all the people who have had dubya's back because I'd really rather not have the leader of my country be among the most disgraceful world leaders. Once upon a time, I could laugh at the BS that Banana republic dictators pulled on their people. Then I woke up and found the exact same thing was going on here. That is depressing and embarrassing.

So, I will rephrase. If you insist on willingly supporting and defending not only the office but the actions and crimes that the person in that office has committed. If, like H8mate and dmarctard you constantly make excuses or worse still, claim that everything is fine. Then yes, you are a coward and traitor. I think Bush and Cheney are traitors. I am convinced that history will paint them as such.

If what your stating is true then why hasn't the Legislative branch started "impeachment" procedings?

That's a great question and I wish they would.

So, why do you think it is OK for the POTUS to make a mockery of our laws and tell the appointed #1 doctor in the US not to reveal his scientific findings on things that the administration has religious or financial ties to?

I think you gotta be careful here ...cowards and traitor are very strong words in our culture ( if this was the Parisian huddle you would be fine and those words would mean little) and country

While I personally do not like dubya or this administration , people who voted for him and still support may have their own reasons or beliefs for doing so ..maybe they feel a democrat regardless of who would do worse or that democrats are too weak when it comes to military policy or that they do not know all the facts or believe majority of them , whatever but I don't think that makes them cowards or traitors ...just my two cents

I think you gotta be careful here ...cowards and traitor are very strong words in our culture ( if this was the Parisian huddle you would be fine and those words would mean little) and country

While I personally do not like dubya or this administration , people who voted for him and still support may have their own reasons or beliefs for doing so ..maybe they feel a democrat regardless of who would do worse or that democrats are too weak when it comes to military policy or that they do not know all the facts or believe majority of them , whatever but I don't think that makes them cowards or traitors ...just my two cents

Good post.

I agree - it doesn't make them cowards or traitors, it makes them blind and stupid.

At the VERY least, the US wouldn't be in a morass in Iraq at this point in time.

Ideally, we'd have a government that still was as transparent as possible in the post 9/11 world - and one that had some sort of respect for the Consitution (for example, GItmo - I have no problem with putting terrorist suspects there for a finite time due to security concerns; I DO have a problem with completely denying them due process in perpetuity).

I will now sit back and wait for Whitney or DMD to wipe this thread from the boards.

So what you are saying is that by adhering to the law and their oath .... all personnel in the U.S. Military are traitors?

Get a f'n grip.

The military have no choice in the matter really - they go to where they're told and do the best that they can do.

I think it is incumbent upon US to make sure that those who take that oath and willingly put their lives out there to protect the country are not needlessly and capriciously put into a bad situation based on some inscrutable agenda.

Get a f'n grip.

You know, it's actually getting harder and harder to keep that grip. Nearly every day I am reminded of the fact that our president is leading perhaps the most corrupt and vile administration in the world. As I said before, once upon a time, when you picked up the world section of the paper and read about some corrupt dictator in some random country, you could just shake your head. Honestly, the bragging rights are dwindling quickly. We used to make fun at the former USSR and how everything was so controlled. That nobody was allowed to speak out against the government. Well, what do you call it when the administration puts a gag order on the Surgeon General? National Security? I mean, that rationale that the cowards lap up as reasons why the POTUS can do what ever the hell he wants, whenever he wants to. Is the nation at danger is the Surgeon General speaks out against second hand smoke or gives his scientific opinion on stem-cell research?

W has abused the notion of patriotism to demand carte blanche from the US people. He has taken that carte blanche and made a mockery of this great nation and has caused situations that we will be paying dearly for, for years and years. Thus, I feel he is a traitor to nearly everyone in the US. This is why I feel those who actively support him (about 30% of the US) are traitors right along side him. I also think they are cowards because they have allowed their freedoms to be mortgaged in favor an illusion of safety.

If what your stating is true then why hasn't the Legislative branch started "impeachment" procedings?

Stonewalling and constant fillibustering would be my guess.

If the rebublicans can block everything the democrats try and get passed they can call them a do nothing congress.

Putting party before country yet again.

I think you gotta be careful here ...cowards and traitor are very strong words in our culture ( if this was the Parisian huddle you would be fine and those words would mean little) and country.

Tell that to any one of the number of right wing supporters that throw that about with inpunity.