Sign in to follow this  
Chavez

eBay Motors

I am watching what could end up being a decent deal on a car on eBay motors - problem is my wife is highly skeptical of purchasing a car online.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I am watching what could end up being a decent deal on a car on eBay motors - problem is my wife is highly skeptical of purchasing a car online.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Sort of. I bought a car but it was local - I was able to test drive it first. And then someone else did buy it now and then that fell through so I bought it without bidding.

So basically I bought a car locally that I found on ebay. Not exactly what you're looking for.

Check out my blog for details.

I have also sold a car on ebay.

Edited by KevinL

I bought a car that was local, and helped a friend sell a Jeep (went for over $10K). The guy who bought the Jeep flew in and drove it home. The whole thing went fine and the car was accurately represented, so both buyer and seller were happy. If it's local there really is no risk, because if you get there to buy it and there's something the seller didn't divulge you can always back out. If it's located someplace where you have to fly in to buy it, you pretty much risk losing the cost of travel if it's not represented accurately. I'd ask a lot of questions and have the seller send as many pics as possible. Also check the feedback of the seller and read the comments.

I bought a car that was local, and helped a friend sell a Jeep (went for over $10K). The guy who bought the Jeep flew in and drove it home. The whole thing went fine and the car was accurately represented, so both buyer and seller were happy. If it's local there really is no risk, because if you get there to buy it and there's something the seller didn't divulge you can always back out. If it's located someplace where you have to fly in to buy it, you pretty much risk losing the cost of travel if it's not represented accurately. I'd ask a lot of questions and have the seller send as many pics as possible. Also check the feedback of the seller and read the comments.

:doh: I was just getting ready to post a similar story as a friend of mine, living in Sedona, AZ, flew up near Seattle, bought the car off Ebay, and then drove it back to Sedona! YUP.....it was a Jeep also! :tup: I thought he was nuts, but he said it was worthwhile. :D

Thews.....does your friend live near Seattle??? :D

:doh: I was just getting ready to post a similar story as a friend of mine, living in Sedona, AZ, flew up near Seattle, bought the car off Ebay, and then drove it back to Sedona! YUP.....it was a Jeep also! :tup: I thought he was nuts, but he said it was worthwhile. :D

Thews.....does your friend live near Seattle??? :D

Nope... just east of boulder CO. The feedback can be telling, but my friend (who sold the Jeep) only had a feedback rating of about 12. I have one negative feedback and my score is about 140. Some tool overcharged me $40 for shipping some headers from Canada, so I posted a negative... he returned the negative, though he openly admits to ripping me off. Just read any negative feedback and you should get a good idea of the trustworthiness of the seller.

A fellow coach has bought several vehicles from ebaymotors, one a Corvette! Every deal went fine for him. He had both vehicles shipped to him and the vehicles arrived no problem.