[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First pick in rookie dynasty draft

Performance scoring, PPR, +YPCarry bonus

There are no restrictions as to how long you can keep a player.

Do I go with Peterson or Lynch??? Both are sick. Which one is gonna be the super-stud long-term keeper??

Peterson reminds me of LT when I watch him. Ridiculous talent. Roll the dice and hope he can stay healthy. The first year or two might be a lil rocky while they figure out their QB situation, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he came out of the gates on fire and doens't cool down anytime soon.

:D

Edited by broncosn05

Love Peterson's ability. Hate his situation.

Like Lynch's ability. Like his situation, but not a lock.

It would depend upon how immediately I needed help at RB. If I needed a RB to start and impact my team immediately, I like Lynch's chances better to do that. If I'm looking long term and am willing to take diminished results for a year or two, Peterson is easily my guy.

Agree with BB. The short-term need seems best accomplished by Lynch. (although I am not sure what is to like about being in the Buffalo offense, and I am a Buffalo fan). You just have to hope his talent, and number of carries = production.

But you can pretty much count on the Vikes building their offense around him (not Chesta) in the years to come. RBBC this year with no real idea how it will pan out.

Edited by Roo

Dynasty league: you go with AD regardless of your current situation. If your team is struggling at RB to where Lynch is the best you've got to choose from to be competitive, I'd call this season a "rebuilding" year. I wouldn't compare AD to LT2 but, he has been paralleled to Eric Dickerson multiple times throughout his college career. There is only one Walter Payton. There is only one Eric Dickerson. There is only one LT2. There is only one Adrian Peterson.

There is only one Walter Payton. There is only one Eric Dickerson. There is only one LT2. There is only one Adrian Peterson.

There is only one Curtis Enis. There is only one Garrison Hearst. There is only one Lawrence Phillips. There is only one Ki-jana Carter…

i go AD all the way in a dynasty. i think you have to. he's bigger, faster and had displayed the kind of moves that easily tops lynch. he has been a bit banged up, but none of the injuries seem serious or ones that would linger. i'm going to have the choice as well and i'm grabbing AD.

i go AD all the way in a dynasty. i think you have to. he's bigger, faster and had displayed the kind of moves that easily tops lynch. he has been a bit banged up, but none of the injuries seem serious or ones that would linger. i'm going to have the choice as well and i'm grabbing AD.

Me three...

And you shouldn't have ever drafted any single one of those guys. Your point?

Hugh thanks there, Carnac!

Could you explain to me why FF owners shouldn't have taken any of those guys in a rookie FF draft? They were all the first RB off the board in their respective NFL drafts, and if I am not mistaken, were all top 6 picks overall.

Saying that none of them should have been drafted in a rookie FF draft is the equivalent of recommending that no FF owner ought to draft AD in any rookie draft this year.

Hugh thanks there, Carnac!

Could you explain to me why FF owners shouldn't have taken any of those guys in a rookie FF draft? They were all the first RB off the board in their respective NFL drafts, and if I am not mistaken, were all top 6 picks overall.

Saying that none of them should have been drafted in a rookie FF draft is the equivalent of recommending that no FF owner ought to draft AD in any rookie draft this year.

Every once in a great while, a completely amazing running back comes along. None of the players you listed were ever compared to Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith, etc... AD has. Regardless of your FF situation, you don't pass up on somebody like AD.

Every once in a great while, a completely amazing running back comes along. None of the players you listed were ever compared to Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith, etc... AD has. Regardless of your FF situation, you don't pass up on somebody like AD.

You're telling me that everyone knew that Payton or Dickerson were going to be the RBs they ended up being before they were drafted? If that's the case, why weren't both the first pick in their drafts? And you're telling me it was common knowledge that the 4 guys I listed were going to be mediocre NFL RBs - to be kind - before they were drafted? Then why were they taken higher in their drafts than Peterson was this year?

Don't get me wrong - I love Peterson's ability and think he's got all the tools required to be a stud. But to use hindsight to pick and choose which past RBs were great and which sucked and to pretend that you knew the outcome of their careers before they were drafted, just like pretending to know what kind of RB Peterson is sure to be in the NFL is at best a fairy tale and at worst stupid & assinine.

You're telling me that everyone knew that Payton or Dickerson were going to be the RBs they ended up being before they were drafted? If that's the case, why weren't both the first pick in their drafts? And you're telling me it was common knowledge that the 4 guys I listed were going to be mediocre NFL RBs - to be kind - before they were drafted? Then why were they taken higher in their drafts than Peterson was this year?

Don't get me wrong - I love Peterson's ability and think he's got all the tools required to be a stud. But to use hindsight to pick and choose which past RBs were great and which sucked and to pretend that you knew the outcome of their careers before they were drafted, just like pretending to know what kind of RB Peterson is sure to be in the NFL is at best a fairy tale and at worst stupid & assinine.

Wait and see young grasshopper. Wait and see....

with talk of RBBC coming out of Buff the decision should be easier then it was to start with(which was pretty darn easy)

I'd normally agree with that, except that C Taylor is still up in MIN and should get carries, and MIN'sd pasing game is going to be abyssmal - I mean, they are going to make Vick & last year's OAK passing offense look stellar. There isn't a WR on the MIN roster that would be even a #2 WR on most other teams, and there is no evidence that Jackson scares anyone with his talent/arm even remotely either. Whomever plays RB in MIN is not only going to see 8 in the box, but that box will be compressed a couple of yards closer to the LoS.

with talk of RBBC coming out of Buff the decision should be easier then it was to start with(which was pretty darn easy)

I'd normally agree with that, except that C Taylor is still up in MIN and should get carries, and MIN's pasing game is going to be abyssmal - I mean, they are going to make Vick in ATL & last year's OAK passing offense look stellar. There isn't a WR on the MIN roster that would be even a #2 WR on most other teams, and there is no evidence that Jackson scares anyone with his talent/arm even remotely either. Whomever plays RB in MIN is not only going to see 8 in the box, but that box will be compressed a couple of yards closer to the LoS.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'd normally agree with that, except that C Taylor is still up in MIN and should get carries, and MIN's pasing game is going to be abyssmal - I mean, they are going to make Vick in ATL & last year's OAK passing offense look stellar. There isn't a WR on the MIN roster that would be even a #2 WR on most other teams, and there is no evidence that Jackson scares anyone with his talent/arm even remotely either. Whomever plays RB in MIN is not only going to see 8 in the box, but that box will be compressed a couple of yards closer to the LoS.

while agree in part(this yr) the question is posed about a DYNASTY LEAGUE and that coupled with impending RBBC for Lynch(for how long?) means Peterson without even thinking twice