[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I even consider these TRADES?

biglou

I'm in a keeper league where get to keep 4 players. I have P.Manning, LJ, S.Alexander, TO, J. Walker, and Harrison. I have been offered Steve Smith for S.Alexander ............and I have been offered R.Wayne and A. Gates for S. Alexander. Should I consider either one of these trades?

I don't think so, unless there are some great RBs going ot be available to you in the draft.

Per our discussions in your other thread, as it stands now you would keep Manning, LJ, Alexander and your favored WR of Harrison and Owens, and you should look to deal the other WRs for picks, or to package them for upgrades if possible, which basicalyl means making offers for LT or SJax, and as you noted, that is very unlikely to happen given the teams those owners already have.

The only way I consider either is if you already have a secondary trade where you are dealing some of your WRs for a keepable RB. Short of that, you hurt yourself too much IMO (unless you are only required to start one RB, must start 3 WRs and have PPR, then more discussion would be needed).

You've got 4 bonafide keepers who are 1st/2nd round picks in a redraft:

Manning, LJ, Alexander, & Harrison

A 2 for 1 trade where you get the 2 doesn't benefit you at all. You'd have to toss away one of the players you'd get in trade.

If you do a 1 for 1 trade, it has to benefit you in an area of weakness. You don't have that either. There's no reason to consider either trade.

Edited by Bronco Billy

+ 1 . you have four great players with two solid backs and the Manning / Harrison hook up keep what you have IMO. thats a good core of guys to build a team around... good luck

Another vote for Manning, LJ, Alexander & Harrison. Having the #1 QB, two Top 5 RBs, and a Top 5 WR is a great way to walk into draft day. That's a foundation anyone would love to build a team around. There's no reason to start overthinking and screwing it up.

Haskel