[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dow 14000

dmarc117

The market averages were able to build on Wednesday's bounce off supports with the aggressive advance coming amid broad based participation. The Dow put together its best performance in several years to establish a new all time high while the lagging S&P 500 cleared its June peak to reach its highest level since March 24, 2000, the day it set its all time intraday high of 1552.87. The Nasdaq Comp sprinted to its highest level since Feb 2001. Sector leadership was provided by Gold/Silver +3%, Trucking +2.9%, Semi +2.4%, Steel +2.4%, Software HOLDRs +2.3%, Networking +2.2%, Retail +2.2%, Banking +2.1%, Broker/Dealer +1.9%, Drug +1.9%, Oil +1.8%, Chemical +1.8%, Disk Drive +1.5%, Home Construction +1.4% and Internet +1.3%.

dow closed 13860 +285

Ben Graham once said something to the effect of: "In the short term, the markets are nothing more than a voting machine."

In other words, markets are fickle; don't get too amped up (in the case of a day like today) or depressed (like on the day at the end of March when the markets were off 4% in a single day).

Ben Graham once said something to the effect of: "In the short term, the markets are nothing more than a voting machine."

In other words, markets are fickle; don't get too amped up (in the case of a day like today) or depressed (like on the day at the end of March when the markets were off 4% in a single day).

In particular, don't set up your 401k portfolio on your My Yahoo home page like I have because you'll be one of these:

:D or :D or (rarely) ::tup:

Is that why I took a beating with KMGB today?

Most movements in stocks are nothing more than noise.

There was news that a director sold stock; but beware of spurrious correlations.

Most movements in stocks are nothing more than noise.

There was news that a director sold stock; but beware of spurrious correlations.

The SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!er sold 1,000,000 shares with only 4.5 floating. Dropped 12% today alone. Too bad I wasn't in on the ground floor......

Edited by godtomsatan

The SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!er sold 1,000,000 shares with only 4.5 floating. Dropped 12% today alone. Too bad I wasn't in on the ground floor......

You mean 113,500 shares (1/2 of the typical day's volume) ... not that big of a deal (imo). If the stock doesn't trade up (relative to the market and other chemical companies) over the next couple of days, there are probably bigger issues afoot. Or such would be my guess.

Edited by muck

After today, not a bad time to take some profits and be happy. If the market goes up, you can continue to be happy that you are making money. If the market goes down, you can be happy that you took some off the table.

I still have some money in the market, but have pulled a little out these past couple of weeks (including after today's close) and will have no regrets either way.

Buy low, sell high.

You mean 113,500 shares (1/2 of the typical day's volume) ... not that big of a deal (imo). If the stock doesn't trade up (relative to the market and other chemical companies) over the next couple of days, there are probably bigger issues afoot. Or such would be my guess.

That' goes with the additional 1,000,000 shares the director sold off last week in addition to the ones yesterday. It's my bad, I should have bailed on it after the first sale. It, just was a gigantic loser on an otherwise big winner day. Hung onto it today thinking it might make a bounce, but no, down another 3.5-4%.....:doh!:

Edited by godtomsatan

That' goes with the additional 1,000,000 shares the director sold off last week in addition to the ones yesterday. It's my bad, I should have bailed on it after the first sale. It, just was a gigantic loser on an otherwise big winner day. Hung onto it today thinking it might make a bounce, but no, down another 3.5-4%.....:doh!:

Buy more to reduce your cost per share. :D