[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it worth sending LJ packing?

seabronc

10 team dynasty... 4 pt. pass TD/ 6 pt. rush/receive TD, 1 pt. 50 passing yards/1 pt. 20 rush/receive yards, no PPR

Important in this league is that we start 2 QBs (so they must be strong), along with 2 RB, 3 WR, 1TE, and 1 Flex (RB/WR)

My team ran over the league last year, but I'm feeling to stay on top I will need some youth and depth. What do you think of this offer for LJ?

Trade offer is Carson Palmer, Ronnie Brown, Lamont Jordan and Reggie Wayne for Larry Johnson, Michael Bennett, and Bulger

My team:

QB Bulger, Kitna, Garcia, Josh McCown, Simms, Gradkowski, Plummer, Frerotte (have all the TB guys just to see how it shakes in training camp)

RB LJ, Westbrook, Benson, Norwood, C. Taylor, Michael Bennett

WR Holt, Owens, Driver, Vincent Jackson, Michael Clayton, Mark Bradley

TE L. Smith, Cooley

What do you think???

I improve at QB and add a top 5 receiver, add another RB to guarantee I have the depth to start 3. It leaves me the possibility to deal a WR or RB.

Is the improvement worth swapping LJ's pros and cons for Ronnie Browns pros and cons?

i don't think anyone in their right mind would give that up for lj. palmer is the #2 QB and wayne is a top tier WR. yes, brown had a tough season, but with cameron in place, the offense is going to be completely different. he is a strong breakout candidate i believe. hell, jordan could even be a factor. i'm giving all that up for a RB that may hold out, has an OL that is falling apart, and is a breakdown waiting to happen? no way.

good luck pulling that off.

i don't think anyone in their right mind would give that up for lj.

I made this trade this past spring:

I gave up:

Johnson, Larry

Holmes, Priest

I got:

Palmer, Carson

Williams, Roy

Peterson, Julian

Year 2008 Round 1 Draft Pick

And I agree that the trade is lucrative to you. Being able to start Palmer & Kitna at QB, run Westy with Brown/Benson/Norwood as a RBBC, and then WRs Holt, Owens, Driver with Wayne would make your team look awfully strong this coming season.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Probably the same reason your league starts 3 RBs...to make it more enjoyable.

in a 10 team league, I really like starting 2 QBs. I think the top 20 guys deserve to be starting each week, and the scarcity of backups puts the position in line with starting 3RBs and 3WRs...