[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Steven Jackson?

gogo2146

I play in a keeper league and my team is a bit thin this year but have been offered a trade a 2 for 1.

If I keep my team the way it is a will be a little weak at rb. Here it is.

S. Jackson, R. moss, Reggie Brown, B. Edwards, P. Rivers or G. Jennings

If I make this trade I can Have any two of these rb's E. James, Westbrook, MJD, B. Westbrook, D. Williams

What make sense? I also have the #4 pick in the first round and can waite it out. Let me know.

Unless its a PPR league, I would not make that trade. Westbrook is good, MJD = split carries, James still has a questionable line, and Williams is probably going to have some sharing issues too. I don't think you are getting the value that you should for the #2 scorer in most leagues last year.

NO PPR = NO

Yes PPR = Maybe (but still leaning towards no.)

I would not do that trade.

ARI still has not addressed the inadequacies at OL. First rule of football: dominate the LOS.

JAC is still a RBBC situation, although they do have a favorable schedule to run against.

Westbrook is good, but SJax is younger, plays in a softer division, and has the better frame for an NFL #1 RB.

Who's D. Williams? You mean the former D. Davis? He's done.

I think I might have to consider the trade in a PPR league. Westy and MJD are pretty solid with the catching and I'd roll the dice that one of them won't be too far behind Jackson in fantasy points.

Non PPR league, I wouldn't touch the deal. Westbrook is great in a PPR league, but a low tier 2, high tier 3 RB in a non PPR leagues. MJD is worth even less in a non PPR.

Edited by TDFFFreak

ARI still has not addressed the inadequacies at OL. First rule of football: dominate the LOS.

Are you living in a cave? They took an elite tackle at 5 to protect Leinarts blindside, oh yeah, and they hired the best O line coach in the league.

The cards O line started to find the pieces they needed in the last month. Latui from USC is going to be a monster after a years worth of experiance, and Grimm working with him. Arizona absolutley adressed the line. Sure, its not perfect, but they made hugh leaps...

Are you living in a cave? They took an elite tackle at 5 to protect Leinarts blindside, oh yeah, and they hired the best O line coach in the league.

The cards O line started to find the pieces they needed in the last month. Latui from USC is going to be a monster after a years worth of experiance, and Grimm working with him. Arizona absolutley adressed the line. Sure, its not perfect, but they made hugh leaps...

Yeah who knows how long Grimm will be there, but they had a great offseason in improving that line. Was hoping ATL would get Brown...

It is a ppr league. You think Ronnie Brown is out of the question here. I was thinking Westbrook, R. Brown for Jackson would help me out for years to come. This is a five player keeper league so do the math on what will be around at #4 all good rookies gone and so so rb's left.

It is a ppr league. You think Ronnie Brown is out of the question here. I was thinking Westbrook, R. Brown for Jackson would help me out for years to come. This is a five player keeper league so do the math on what will be around at #4 all good rookies gone and so so rb's left.

Right you're not going to get much with that pick. If you can get Ronnie Brown with Westbrook go for it. Westy is probably a top 5 in this league and with Cameron in MIA Brown has plenty of room to grow, as long as Booker doesn't get in the way. At least with this deal you'll be able to have a decent starting lineup. MJD is closer but I'd still do it. It's uncertain how he'll do this year but in a keeper he's showed the talent to be near the Top 10.

Hard to believe there are all these answers ands strong opinions and no one has asked a very important question:

What draft position do you have? It also might help to know if you are required to start 2 RBs or if you can go 1 RB with a flex psoition.

Based upon your keepers, I'm guessing that you didn't finish too highly in the league rankings. The question, of course, if whether Jackson and what RB (or flex) might be available to you when you pick is worth Westbrook & MJD, plus then losing either Rivers, Edwards, or Brown since you also lose a keeper slot by acquiring an extra player.

I'm willing to bet that you won't make out in the deal when you look at it as a grouping of players plus the lose of the keeper slot.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Hard to believe there are all these answers ands strong opinions and no one has asked a very important question:

What draft position do you have? It also might help to know if you are required to start 2 RBs or if you can go 1 RB with a flex psoition.

Based upon your keepers, I'm guessing that you didn't finish too highly in the league rankings. The question, of course, if whether Jackson and what RB (or flex) might be available to you when you pick is worth Westbrook & MJD, plus then losing either Rivers, Edwards, or Brown since you also lose a keeper slot by acquiring an extra player.

I'm willing to bet that you won't make out in the deal when you look at it as a grouping of players plus the lose of the keeper slot.

Bronco Billy, you have some good points. Last season I had Dillon, L. Jordan and R. Brown and Boldin. When Jordan went down and Dillon slowed I traded for S. Jackson. ( Boldin, Brown for S. Jackson and Moss I had other receivers that put up Boldin like numbers I needed a RB and this worked}. Still finshed in the top 5 we also have IDPs which I make up alot of ground with Z. Thomas, A. Wilison(AZ) which are not keepers.

I pick number four in the draft at this point most rookies that could help will be gone but who knows all I need is someone to take a D upfront (Chi, Balt, NE) then in in for AP, Lynch, Johnson) Some ok rb's will be left but don't know yet people have not stated their keepers til Aug 25th

So what do you think? Hang with what I have or go for it?

Bronco Billy, you have some good points. Last season I had Dillon, L. Jordan and R. Brown and Boldin. When Jordan went down and Dillon slowed I traded for S. Jackson. ( Boldin, Brown for S. Jackson and Moss I had other receivers that put up Boldin like numbers I needed a RB and this worked}. Still finshed in the top 5 we also have IDPs which I make up alot of ground with Z. Thomas, A. Wilison(AZ) which are not keepers.

I pick number four in the draft at this point most rookies that could help will be gone but who knows all I need is someone to take a D upfront (Chi, Balt, NE) then in in for AP, Lynch, Johnson) Some ok rb's will be left but don't know yet people have not stated their keepers til Aug 25th

So what do you think? Hang with what I have or go for it?

#4 in the draft? Then there is no way I make that move. The absolutely worst case scenario I see for you is that Brandon Jackson will be there, but I'd guess there will be some decent options, especially in an IDP league where I'm sure guys like Ryans & Bullucks would be difficult for owners to part with if LB scoring is anything meaningful. I can't see any way that, provided Jackson styas healthy, that you would would gain cumulative pts in that trade.

Edited by Bronco Billy

NO WAY do I do this move. Jackson and RB "x" will be better than Westbrook and MJD. It is that simple. In fantasy football, even more so in keeper league, you do not trade studs.

I know Jackson is a stud but you can't tell me that Westbrook with Ronnie Brown or E. James or MJD in a keeper leaggue is not at good if not better then

Jackson and G. Jennings or P. Rivers Thats what I would drop If I did a two for one.

Roster before trade

Jackson,Reggie Brown, R. Moss,B. Edwards,G. Jennings ( Had Dillon and L. Jordan but will drop them}

Roster after trade

any two of these James, Westbrook, MJD, Westbrook or E. James, with Reggie Brown, B. Edwards and R. Moss

We start any combo of rb's and wr's must start one of them also it's a IDP league.

I know Jackson is a stud but you can't tell me that Westbrook with Ronnie Brown or E. James or MJD in a keeper leaggue is not at good if not better then

Jackson and G. Jennings or P. Rivers Thats what I would drop If I did a two for one.

Roster before trade

Jackson,Reggie Brown, R. Moss,B. Edwards,G. Jennings ( Had Dillon and L. Jordan but will drop them}

Roster after trade

any two of these James, Westbrook, MJD, Westbrook or E. James, with Reggie Brown, B. Edwards and R. Moss

We start any combo of rb's and wr's must start one of them also it's a IDP league.

If you are trying to win this year then I would get Edge and Westbrook. Reports are that the Cards will rush the ball 500+ times this year with the new coaching staff and get JJ Arrington more involved. There will still be plenty of toouches for Edge which will give him more solid numbers than last year. You could also go with Westy and MJD and still be in good shape. The only problem is that next year you might not want to keep Westy due to age or an injury and the Sjax owner will likely get have the last laugh.

NO WAY do I do this move. Jackson and RB "x" will be better than Westbrook and MJD. It is that simple. In fantasy football, even more so in keeper league, you do not trade studs.

I have to agree with this comment :D