[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As if You Needed another Reason to Leave California

spain

Dani Mexifornia

Calif. projects 60M people by 2050 Tue Jul 10, 11:55 PM ET

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California is about to get a lot more crowded.

The nation's most populous state will have 59.5 million residents when it reaches the mid-century mark — nearly 22 million more than today, the state Department of Finance predicted Monday.

Hispanics will make up 52 percent of the population in 2050, up from 36 percent now. Whites, now 43 percent of the population, will drop to 26 percent, while Asians' share will grow by 1 percentage point to 13 percent, and blacks will decline from 6 percent to 5 percent, according to the department's forecast.

Hispanics are projected to become a majority of the population by 2042.

The report is updated every three to five years by the department's demographics unit.

So in your opinion Spain, does California suck because of the general population boom or becuase Hispanics are going to be the majority? :D

I will say this over Tenn... we're a heck of a lot closer to Vegas.

Edited by TDFFFreak

California's a huge state. It is often assocated with LA and the south but most of the north is rural and very beautiful. How many times have people in the north considered dividing?

California's a huge state. It is often assocated with LA and the south but most of the north is rural and very beautiful. How many times have people in the north considered dividing?

I seem to remember a separatist group wanting to form a country called "Pacifica" (from Nor Cal, OR, and WA) or something about 100-150 years ago.

And you're right about the far north (Shasta, Eureka, etc.) being very beautiful. Hopefully it's not developed in the future like LA/SD/SF.

Study is wrong ..if california breaks away from the mainland , it will become an island and the population will not grow ...

Island nations have still grown in population due to birth rates and immigration. :D

I seem to remember a separatist group wanting to form a country called "Pacifica" (from Nor Cal, OR, and WA) or something about 100-150 years ago.

And you're right about the far north (Shasta, Eureka, etc.) being very beautiful. Hopefully it's not developed in the future like LA/SD/SF.

Work isn't up that far so it probably won't be. Oregon along the coast is gorgeous too.

I remember in the mid 70's there was talk of separating but it didn't go anywhere. There was a drought in SF because most of the water (from the mountains)was pumped to LA and SD. I was watching a baseball game and while there was rationing in the north they showed peoeple hosing down their sidewalks in LA. :D

We tried that down here as well but the Yankees decided they simply couldnt live without us.

Oregon along the coast is gorgeous too.

Indeed. I just might head out there on Sunday.

I remember in the mid 70's there was talk of separating but it didn't go anywhere. There was a drought in SF because most of the water (from the mountains)was pumped to LA and SD. I was watching a baseball game and while there was rationing in the north they showed peoeple hosing down their sidewalks in LA. :D

Don't get me started on how LA, SD, Phoenix, and Las Vegas have screwed up ecosystems. Unfortunately, central Oregon is booming right now and they may be facing the same problems. Heck, even the farmers in the Klamath basin have messed up the Salmon population by selfishly and stupidly flood-irrigating their farms with diverted river water.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I ived in Tennessee for over 3 years.

I much prefer California to that heaping pile of dung.

At least the majority of the people in California have over 1/2 of their teeth.

:D:D

Somehow fIgure out how not to express racist views YOU RACIST.

(I must have taken a 'nice' pill today, because usually this racist crap sends me into orbit)

And you didn't show up for the Spainalicious fest in Warrenville!

I ived in Tennessee for over 3 years.

I much prefer California to that heaping pile of dung.

At least the majority of the people in California have over 1/2 of their teeth.

Life in the military barracks at Ft Campbell doesnt really qualify.

A couple of anectodal examples for you of how wrong you really are:

1. Almost 2 years ago, Nissan decided to move their headquarters from California to the town I live in, Franklin, Tennessee. They have had a manufacturing plant outside Nashville for a long time. But this was the HQ with a couple thousand executives. A local news station went out and interviewed dozens of the employees. They were fighting the move as nobody wanted to leave California. Some left the company and stayed out there but most bit the bullet and moved to Tennessee. The same news station did an interview with those same employees a little over a year later and found that none of them would ever move back to Cali. They had no idea how much better the quality of life, the cost of living, the people, everything is here. It is really interesting to see how their views had completely changed and how happy they were to be out of that rat race and into the best part of the country. They were just ignorant of what its like here until they got to experience it.

2. My brother in law and his wife moved to Lodi from Franklin a couple years ago. Small town in northern california. Tennessee had spoiled them as they were used to people being nice to them. They left California within 6 months because of the gangs, crime, political climate, and a host of other problems. They said nobody seems happy there like they are here. Its a fact.