[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crash diet

Grits and Shins

What's she been eating? Any exercise in there at all? She'll most likely gain it all back, but more details please.

I agree. Unless it's for a wedding where you'll be in lots of pictures, crash dieting is a bad idea. I suggest a multi-vitamin every day. She might be depriving herself of important vitamins and minerals.

My wife is entering her 6th week of abstaining from solid foods (mostly - she has had an occassional meal).

It has not made her feel like super woman.

She has lost about 30 pounds or so though ...

The most important question is how is the sex?

The closer to the bone the sweeter the meat.

or

The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'.

I admire her discipline but it doesn't sound like the best way to get back that girlish figure you fell in love with.

I 'm sure this diet is called many things but I d call it the starvation diet. It would be smarter to be more disciplined and adopt a permanent diet plan for life that you can follow every day for the rest of your life .

I eat raw t-bone steaks covered in egg whites every day, three times a day. I drink 42 gallons of water every six hours. I snack on raw eggplant. I 'm a machine but I need to ask what you plan on doing with all that extra skin in the waistline?

Well ... I wasn't being entirely honest.

Her doctor has directed her to abstain from food because of the severe pain it is causing her in her lower digestive track and colon. I assure you it has been very difficult for her to abstain from food and it is not a choice she would willingly make. In fact the several occassions she has decided to have a meal she did so knowing full well that she would pay for it the next day.

She is scheduled for surgery Monday to remove part of her colon. The procedure will take 4 to 5 hours and she will be hospitalized for 4 to 10 days depending on her recovery. As a result of the surgery she will have to use a colonoscopy bag for a minimum of 12 weeks, possibly forever.

Prayers for my wife would be greatly appreciated.

Her doctor has directed her to abstain from food because of the severe pain it is causing her in her lower digestive track and colon. I assure you it has been very difficult for her to abstain from food and it is not a choice she would willingly make. In fact the several occassions she has decided to have a meal she did so knowing full well that she would pay for it the next day.

She is scheduled for surgery Monday to remove part of her colon. The procedure will take 4 to 5 hours and she will be hospitalized for 4 to 10 days depending on her recovery. As a result of the surgery she will have to use a colonoscopy bag for a minimum of 12 weeks, possibly forever.

:D Prayers are certainly on the way for the wife, Grits. However, if you don't mind me asking (which you probably will and in that case maybe someone else can ask) what is wrong with your wife exactly that she needs this procedure? What is causing the pain in her digestive track and colon?

I know you haven't replied to any of my posts in about a year but just wanted to send my prayers, legit concerns and hopefully get some feedback in regard to some of my curiousities about her situation. :D

Done. Good luck to you and your wife.

I apologize for that comment now that I know the real story.

I prayed for your wife today at work, and once again at home as I am now asking for your to forgive my reply.

God bless you both.

well wishes and prayers for the wife blitz. once i went on a month long diet of only rice. once every few days i would have a bowl of soup or something else nutritious like fish or fruit. i also would jump rope for about 45 minutes. cut over 35 lbs. off of a very overweight nearly 200 lb. lethargic fat a$$ body. i don't remember taking any supplements or vitamins and i pretty much felt like crap and was grouchy alot. i would imagine your wife would be going through the same feelings. be as nice as you can be and then some. she will appreciate it very much. good luck and god bless.