[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting the Circuit City popup

loaf

Thanks, we already know about this ad. I have seen the ads in question and they are not a popup advertisements.

Thanks, WW. They are a major annoyance on the home page. Crap flies up from everywhere! :D

Thanks, we already know about this ad. I have seen the ads in question and they are not popup advertisements.

Anything we click purposely is NOT a popup. If we dont click something, and it pops up, well, thats a pop up. Circuit City wasnt an issue for me until I just went to the homepage, and guess what happened... I clicked to see the priority news, and ended up at circuitcity.com. It might not be classified as a popup, but it sure does detract from the professional look and feel of this site. That one, and the CBS one does the same thing. If you mouse over it, it pops up.

Anything we click purposely is NOT a popup. If we dont click something, and it pops up, well, thats a pop up. Circuit City wasnt an issue for me until I just went to the homepage, and guess what happened... I clicked to see the priority news, and ended up at circuitcity.com. It might not be classified as a popup, but it sure does detract from the professional look and feel of this site. That one, and the CBS one does the same thing. If you mouse over it, it pops up.

just now, i clicked on "The Huddle Fantasy Football Forums" link. as i was about to click on The Tailgate, a noticed a baseball floating across the screen, toward the top. after clicking on The Tailgate link, i was instead taken to the Circuit City home page (i guess the baseball was part of the circuit city ad, but i wasn't paying attention). this is the second time this has happened, and it seems to the same thing that happened to peepinmofo. to me, it's worse than a pop-up, because it was unclear that an ad was obscuring the text; i tried to click on The Tailgate, and i was instead taken to Circuit City.