[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hate our Iraqi cuase?

H8tank

Think we lost? Think as the dems do it is time to surrender? Think there is no way we can win as Harry Reid said?

Then read this or shutup:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/al-qae...eable-beast.htm

I asked Abu Ali if there was something he would like to say to Americans.

Ali thought for a moment as some local people tried to interrupt him with greetings, and he said, “I ask one thing,” and now I paraphrase Ali’s words: “After the Iraqi Army and Police take hold and the security forces are ready, we want a schedule for the leaving of the American forces.”

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you under the impression that those of us who think the whole Iraq deal is a waste are under the impression that there has been absolutely no progress and nothing good ever happens there at all?

I should damned well hope situations like that you linked to exist. After all, we "won" this war a few years ago. I would imagine that some positive signs would start materializing.

However, this reminds me a whole lot of Bush promising a bunch of new jobs as a result of his tax cuts, falling way short, and then guys like you jumping up and down when there were any increases at all.

Do you have any idea of the notion of cost/benefit? Do you intend to continue justifying all the costs and losses and destruction of global goodwill by pointing out the occasional step in the right direction?

Much like every other horrible decision Bush has made, we are spending a ton and getting very little in return. Another nail in the "fiscal repsonsiblity" coffin.

this reminds me a whole lot of Bush promising a bunch of new jobs as a result of his tax cuts

Hey dodo, unemployment is basically at ZERO, how much better can it get? There are so many mfg jobs around here they can't find enough warm bodies.

Do you intend to continue justifying all the costs and losses and destruction of global

You read and bow down to publications like The Nation and beleive with great eagerness all the bad stuff about America.

I am an optimist, and I love America.

An easily manipulated chicken little lemming? :D

Are you under the impression that those of us who think the whole Iraq deal is a waste are under the impression that there has been absolutely no progress and nothing good ever happens there at all?

I should damned well hope situations like that you linked to exist. After all, we "won" this war a few years ago. I would imagine that some positive signs would start materializing.

However, this reminds me a whole lot of Bush promising a bunch of new jobs as a result of his tax cuts, falling way short, and then guys like you jumping up and down when there were any increases at all.

Do you have any idea of the notion of cost/benefit? Do you intend to continue justifying all the costs and losses and destruction of global goodwill by pointing out the occasional step in the right direction?

Much like every other horrible decision Bush has made, we are spending a ton and getting very little in return. Another nail in the "fiscal repsonsiblity" coffin.

Are you guys on the same team? Team Hyena? I didn't realize I needed to update my Salute* report to include Detlef. Noted now...proceed to bash America and Bush.

*This is a military acronym.

Edited by SuperBalla

Ignoring the generals and doing it on the cheap made you lose. The troops didn't lose the White House did.

When sending in soldiers the civilian commanders need to do as good a job as as the troops. They didn't.

Its working well in iraq ..let's stay there for at least 40 more years , bankrupt our country , dissemate our armed forces and ensure we can not protect our interests in any other part of the world ..by the way al qaeda is apparently back and in full force ..guess iraq was more important as I believe all 19 hijackers from 9/11 were from iraq

Yeah everything is just peachy

Its an unwinnable war and one we should never have taken on especially since it was built on lies and poor intelligence and had nothing to do with the war on terror ..zip

There will not be a stable govt in iraq anytime soon and no democracy there

Its an unwinnable war and one we should never have taken on especially since it was built on lies and poor intelligence and had nothing to do with the war on terror ..zip

There will not be a stable govt in iraq anytime soon and no democracy there

That's an opinion not fact............Terrorists attacked us..........instead of doing nothing we went on the offensive..........Where ever Al Qaeda is....... Afgan / Iraq etc. we will follow....that's part of why we're in Iraq.........you can keep callin WMD a joke but the Terrorists are real and they're there.....

That's an opinion not fact............Terrorists attacked us..........instead of doing nothing we went on the offensive..........Where ever Al Qaeda is....... Afgan / Iraq etc. we will follow....that's part of why we're in Iraq.........you can keep callin WMD a joke but the Terrorists are real and they're there.....

Um, al qaeda wasn't in Iraq when Bush attacked. Nor were WMD. Whats your point?

Just last week, Mr. Zawahri called on Muslims to travel to Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia to carry out their fight against the Americans and appealed for Muslims to support the Islamic State in Iraq, an umbrella group that Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia has established to attract broader Sunni support.

Its a lot closer to fact than opinion ..I know terrorists are real , but not sure what iraq has to do with them other than the fact we created more there now than there were there before war

Al qaeda and iraq also had no connection before war and iraq had zero to do with 9/11 ..that is FACT

As for wmd , where are they ?? Not in iraq and never proven they were there when we decided to go in

Let's keep it real

Its a lot closer to fact than opinion ..I know terrorists are real , but not sure what iraq has to do with them other than the fact we created more there now than there were there before war

Al qaeda and iraq also had no connection before war and iraq had zero to do with 9/11 ..that is FACT

As for wmd , where are they ?? Not in iraq and never proven they were there when we decided to go in

Let's keep it real

If you don't think Saddam wanted to support and use Terrorists against us i think you're wrong...........here's my opinion........sooner or later Saddam/ Al Qaeda were gonna have to be delt with and we just decided now instead of later...........it's not pretty but not supporting it and being a quitter may have a worse outcome........

Um, al qaeda wasn't in Iraq when Bush attacked. Nor were WMD. Whats your point?

so you know that Al Qaeda was'nt there and the Chemical bombing never happened either...........people were dying like crazy .....if it would have went on who knows what they would have developed..........standing back and lettin these guys cruise because we might make someone unhappy is chicken sh!t

here's the thing:

I'm sure I'm right. I've said from the start that this war was a mistake and just about everything that has happened since then has been a mistake. I'm also sure that there is no way we leave Iraq with a democratic government. I'm sure that an all out civil war is going to break out. I'm sure that our military is much weaker and that we have wasted so very many resources. I'm sure that history is going to be very unkind to Bush.

On the other hand, H8 and others are certain that they are right. They are certain that this war had to happen because saddam had WMDs and that al qaeda was there and that our presence in the middle east was necessary. They are certain that without the US in Iraq, the terrorists would be over here in the US blowing up more schit and taking civilian lives. They are certain that if the lefties don't cause us to cut and run, Bush will one day be viewed as a visionary who had the courage to take on the terrorists and kick their asses.

I'm sure they are wrong. They are sure I am wrong.