Sign in to follow this  
Footballjoe

Drafting tonight

12 Team IDP Redraft League. I would say basic scoring. 6 pts tds, 4 pts passing tds, basic pts for yds, PPR, 2 pts tackles, 1 pt asst tackle.

Start QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, LB, LB, LB, DB, DB, DB, DL, DL

Never drafted this position. Should I pick the best RB and WR avaiable or the best 2 RB. I am thinking WR and RB. Maybe Peyton if avaialbe but I usually get a QB later. Appreciate advice.

I kinda remember a post about drafting 2 stud WR in this spot. What was the outcome on this thread?

Edited by Footballjoe

12 Team IDP Redraft League. I would say basic scoring. 6 pts tds, 4 pts passing tds, basic pts for yds, PPR, 2 pts tackles, 1 pt asst tackle.

Start QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, LB, LB, DB, DB, DL, DL, and DB/LB

Never drafted this position. Should I pick the best RB and WR avaiable or the best 2 RB. I am thinking WR and RB. Maybe Peyton if avaialbe but I usually get a QB later. Appreciate advice.

I kinda remember a post about drafting 2 stud WR in this spot. What was the outcome on this thread?

Don't do the two WR thing. Did that with DMD at WCOFF a couple years ago and it did not come out well.

Given that you are only required to start one RB, and you have PPR, I see no need to lock in to taking two RBs with your first two picks. You should definitely take one RB though IMO, ideally one that is active in the passing game.

I would probably then follow that up with the top WR avaialble.

IMO, Manning is not a legit option.... you only start 1 QB, so QB value is relatively flat so pick one up later on in the 7th/8th round range.

Here is a link to the Huddle's Fantasy Mock finished just the other day. You can go to the IDP section and see their reasoning for why they picked. But here is the result of the draft.

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2007/o...=79021&O=17

Good luck.

Here is a link to the Huddle's Fantasy Mock finished just the other day. You can go to the IDP section and see their reasoning for why they picked. But here is the result of the draft.

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2007/o...=79021&O=17

Good luck.

Do not really like the spot but the first two picks are not bad. Thanks for the advice.

Update. The draft has started. I only know one person in the league and came in just a few days ago. Appears to be a newbie on bored. Pick 1.3 was Carson Palmer. Just wondering if a few more picks like this are made should I change my gameplan and snag 2 stud RB's instead of a stud WR. I could get a couplse of decent ones with picks 3 and 4. Sound right?

Update. The draft has started. I only know one person in the league and came in just a few days ago. Appears to be a newbie on bored. Pick 1.3 was Carson Palmer. Just wondering if a few more picks like this are made should I change my gameplan and snag 2 stud RB's instead of a stud WR. I could get a couplse of decent ones with picks 3 and 4. Sound right?

I like that idea :D

Ronnie Brown feel to 12. I snagged him and Steve Smth. This is a wierd draft. I passed on FWP and Travis Henry. Probably a mistake but what the heck. Free league, figure I would try something different.

Let me get this right you passed on Henry and Parker for Ronnie Brown? :D I like both players but moreso FWP better than Brown. Oh well, free league, see how it turns out.

Ronnie Brown feel to 12. I snagged him and Steve Smth. This is a wierd draft. I passed on FWP and Travis Henry. Probably a mistake but what the heck. Free league, figure I would try something different.

DMD has Ronnie ranked higher, although I don't think I'd pick him higher than FWP, but maybe Travis Henry. DMD has R. Brown ranked higher than any rank sheet I've seen.

Main reason I went with Brown is I figure he is the main man. Not sure what to expect with the new Steelers offense. I did not research it but if I remember last year FWP had a lot of up and down games. I prefer more consistant. Of course, thats not really true of Ronnie either. Just decided to try something different. I may even go 2 stud LB on my next picks.

Main reason I went with Brown is I figure he is the main man. Not sure what to expect with the new Steelers offense. I did not research it but if I remember last year FWP had a lot of up and down games. I prefer more consistant. Of course, thats not really true of Ronnie either. Just decided to try something different. I may even go 2 stud LB on my next picks.

He played against some really good running D's last year so he was up and down and will still have to face Balt twice again this year. I owned him in three out of four of my leagues last year.

You're wasting our time on advice for a free league?

Jeez :D

You're wasting our time on advice for a free league?

Jeez :D

I could say its a $1000 league and get everyone involved. Its good for bragging rghts if nothing else.

For those that want to give their 2 cents. My current team: Ronnie Brown, S Smith, Fletcher and Demeco Ryans.

There are 7 picks before I get 2. Should I go after another stud LB, A Peterson, Jacobs or a tier #3 RB or Driver Plax or tier3 wr(a few were taken)? All tier 2 QB's are available except Kitna.

Thoughts appreciated

Edited by Footballjoe

For those that want to give their 2 cents. My current team: Ronnie Brown, S Smith, Fletcher and Demeco Ryans.

There are 7 picks before I get 2. Should I go after another stud LB, A Peterson, Jacobs or a tier #3 RB or Driver Plax or tier3 wr(a few were taken)? All tier 2 QB's are available except Kitna.

Thoughts appreciated

I think at this point you almost HAVE to take at least 1 RB with those next 2 picks. If you dont, chances of there being anything viable left when it gets back to you are slim to none. If it was me I would probably grab 2 RB's while they are there. Your LB'ers will be fine as there are a # of gems to be had in the later rounds. WR'ers are going to suffer a bit if you take 2 RB's but WR isnt your bread and butter week in and week out the way RB is.