[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whats with these guys?

tbimm

Attention millionaire atheletes:

You can still get your party on, but for the love of God, do it at YOUR HOUSE. It's bigger than any club, and you don't have to pay for the champagne room because you OWN IT. Invite your minions for an adult sleepover and stay off the roads.

Love,

Roger

CC: Buford T. Justice

Roscoe P. Coltrane

TJ Hooker

Magnum PI

Adam Jones

You can still get your party on, but for the love of God, do it at YOUR HOUSE. It's bigger than any club, and you don't have to pay for the champagne room because you OWN IT. Invite your minions for an adult sleepover and stay off the roads.

Love,

Roger

CC: Buford T. Justice

Roscoe P. Coltrane

TJ Hooker

Magnum PI

Adam Jones

:D

Love,

Roger

Or just hire a friggin' driver. Given that these cretins blow multiple thousands on a night out, what's the problem with paying for a driver? :D

Or just hire a friggin' driver. Given that these cretins blow multiple thousands on a night out, what's the problem with paying for a driver? :D

Depends on who you hire. I'd stay away from Tank Johnson or Pacman's entourage when hiring, though I know they are available for work. If I had that kind of money, the last thing I'd be doing is risking it in a sue-happy world where spilling a drink on someone can cause severe emotional distress and a lawsuit for 10.2 million dollars in punitive damages. But that's just me.

I heard on the radio this morning that he tested under the legal limit for drunken driving - so basically he was doing nothing worse than speeding if true.

:D

Why didn't they do a breathaizer at the scene? He passed the test later at the police staion.

What is he Dick Cheney? They let him take a later test? :D

I thought cops had those kits in their cars.

Why didn't they do a breathaizer at the scene? He passed the test later at the police staion.

Are you suggesting that the officers let Chambers sit at the Police Station long enough for his body to metabolize sufficient alcohol to be beneath the legal limit?

It simply appears that Chambers didn't meet the legal limit for driving under the influence - apparently much to the disgust of the people posting here who must have wished he were driving drunk so they could wring their hands and say how bad all athletes are.

Those breathalyzers are not terribly accurate, which is why police stations have another instrument.

IIRC, you can refuse a portable breathalyzer test and insist on taking one at the station in most states, without them being able to say that you "refused a breathalyzer test." It's always in the driver's best interest to do that anyway, as there's a chance that he/she will sober up enough to pass by the time that they get you to the station and calibrate the instrument.

Are you suggesting that the officers let Chambers sit at the Police Station long enough for his body to metabolize sufficient alcohol to be beneath the legal limit?

It simply appears that Chambers didn't meet the legal limit for driving under the influence - apparently much to the disgust of the people posting here who must have wished he were driving drunk so they could wring their hands and say how bad all athletes are.

No I was wondereing why they didn't so a portable test. Athletes have gotten preferential treatment in the past though.

I was disgusted with him last season but it had nothing to do with drinking.

No I was wondereing why they didn't so a portable test. Athletes have gotten preferential treatment in the past though.

That's got nothing to do with it. Anyone stopped and given a field test for drunken driving can opt to take the breathalyzer at the cop shop or as an alternative to have blood drawn instead of taking the breathalyzer (I believe - not an expert in drunken driving tests).

That's got nothing to do with it. Anyone stopped and given a field test for drunken driving can opt to take the breathalyzer at the cop shop or as an alternative to have blood drawn instead of taking the breathalyzer (I believe - not an expert in drunken driving tests).

Where I live it can take 30-60 miniutes to get to a police station and by that time you can be below the legal limit. I think taking the breath test at the scene and habe it tested later would be more acurate.

In Chambers case they said he driving recklessly and speeding.

Where I live it can take 30-60 miniutes to get to a police station and by that time you can be below the legal limit. I think taking the breath test at the scene and habe it tested later would be more acurate.

Perhaps, but I don't believe that the portable breathalyzer carries much weight in court. The reading at the police station's instrument is what's considered "official" in most states, IIRC.

Interesting because he failed the field test but passed the Intoxylizer one and half hours later.

"When Dolphins wide receiver Chris Chambers' reputation fell into jeopardy as a result of last weekend's arrest for driving while impaired, it was undoubtedly concerning to one of the team's biggest stars.

That's why Chambers hired one of North Carolina's best DWI attorneys, George Laughrun, who insisted Wednesday his client has a solid case. That's especially true, Laughrun said, because Chambers' blood-alcohol level was below the legal limit at the time of testing.

But the arresting officer deemed Chambers did poorly enough in the field sobriety tests administered to merit his arrest, even though Laughrun likely will pick apart video evidence to prove otherwise. But the major questions in this case are obvious:

Which matters more? Chambers' inability to successfully pass the field sobriety tests? Or his reading of a .06 -- below the legal limit of .08 -- on the Intoxilyzer 5000 nearly 1 ½ hours after his arrest?

Bill Powers, another of Charlotte's top DWI attorneys, who has no direct connection to Chambers' case, said both factor in the case.

''In North Carolina, normally those two standards are considered together,'' Powers said. ``But normally, if you have a reading below .08, you don't typically see somebody with a bad dexterity test.''

''In North Carolina, normally those two standards are considered together,'' Powers said. ``But normally, if you have a reading below .08, you don't typically see somebody with a bad dexterity test.''

Chambers has poor dexterity, even when he's sober. What a shock.