[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edgerrin James

housecall

I am in a 12 team keeper league and have a very early pick, #3. I have two VERY strong keeper RB's (LJ and Steve Jackson) as well as Carson Palmer. I have Edgerrin James in my head as worth the risk for an early pick up. I don't know if it is just that I'm a James fan or if he has real value. Is my judgment being affected or is he lagit? What do people think of him?

to me it looks like you got 2 good rb and a stud qb. If it was me I would look to see what wr will be on the board and see if his value is better than James. James at this point is no better than a number 2 or 3 rb on any roster he is not the stud he used to be so I would go with a stud wide out if you can get one...good luck and welcome new guy

Edited by soco

I am in a 12 team keeper league and have a very early pick, #3. I have two VERY strong keeper RB's (LJ and Steve Jackson) as well as Carson Palmer. I have Edgerrin James in my head as worth the risk for an early pick up. I don't know if it is just that I'm a James fan or if he has real value. Is my judgment being affected or is he lagit? What do people think of him?

I think James has a solid year, pass happy Denny Green is gone and they will run the ball much more. Of course you will need to look at the moves to the O-Line, if they cannot establish the run, they will be passing by halftime. I really think James will get more touches early in games, which will open up passes to their solid WR core keeping D's honest!! LJ,SJ and James is a nice 1-2-3 punch to build off of.

I would take him, you would then need to make some sweet picks at the WR position.

Fantasyindex had some interesting thoughts on him. Edge typically likes the stretch play, which he ran in Indy allot. Sounds like the new coaching staff wants him to be a more straight-ahead runner and to hit the holes quickly, which may take some adjustment. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts. I think he makes a good RB2 for this year, but wouldn't want him any higher than that.