[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where did you propose?

whoopazz

At a cheesy Ramada Inn at .... da da DAAA.... Mystic CT !!!

My fiance (now the ol'e ball n' chain) freaked that I left the ring in the trunk all day while we were at the beach, etc.

Sheeesh!

If I knew then what I know now...

:D

I really cannot remember when I actually proposed. I do remember that she was the first one that ever mentioned marriage. My reply was something to the effect of 'Its my job to decide if I want to marry you and ask you to marry me. Then its your job to figure out if you want to marry me or not. Until I decide that you are the person that I want to marry, I am not even about to discuss that topic'.

Needless to say, I was quite an ass back then. :D

Did anyone else ask their in-laws if it was OK if you married their daughter??

I did, and they sat still for at least 30 seconds before they said anything...That was a tad bit uncomfortable...

Anyone else??

I did and my father-in-law looked at my my mother-in-law and said, "What shall we say?" My mother-in-law jokingly said, "Hallelujah" and I thought to myself, "well that was easy enough"... and then my father-in-law said, "we should talk about this for a little bit" and then went on to give me about a half hour lecture on what it takes to make a good marriage. The lecture finished with my father-in-law saying, "so... it is done" and I still wasn't sure if that meant yes or no. But then my mother-in-law brought out some drinks for us to toast with and all was good.

I did, and they sat still for at least 30 seconds before they said anything...That was a tad bit uncomfortable...

Anyone else??

HA! I did and got a NO! My wife's dad is an extremely...spiritual...man. Because neither she nor I follow his faith (we're Roman Catholic), he figured that by giving me a NO unless I converted, he could get to her thru me.

Needless to say, we went round and round until I told him I'd be marrying his daughter anyway. He made a point of telling me that my Mom (who passed away in 2001) was not in heaven because she wasn't born again. OH, I wanted to choke the sh1t out of him right then and there!

I proposed while giving the toast at Easter dinner in 2004. 30 people were at my Dad's table, my brother had the ring in his hand and handed it to me as I hit my knee. Her reaction was priceless. Being a huge sports fan/family person, this was the best thing to do, aside from proposing at a sporting event. Since I am one of the idiots who yell "Say No!" whenever the "Will you Marry Me?" messages hit the scoreboard, no way I wanted that coming back to me!!

Anyone else??

Nope, I didn't ask permission for a variety of reasons. I was 31 and she was 29. I knew we'd be paying for a big chunk of the wedding. At that time, I really didn't get along very well with her mother and I question whether her mother would have said yes, at least right away.

Anyone else??

Yeah. I asked her mom because her father passed away several years ago. She was ecstatic and gave me her blessings. A week later I asked. :D

Anyone else??

Yes, as the in-laws are old-fashioned. They were very nice about it, though.