[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've around 400 VHS I am trying to get rid of...

Duchess Jack

I recently decided to part with old my old gaming books....

:D <======== DM - (DM Screen) - Gamers ========> :tup::doh::D:D:D

The internet and the fact that they are all scanned made them obsolete. It was sad, but I made a killing.

So, I got to thinking - what else have I been holding on to 'just because' that I can unload? The first thing that popped into my mind was my VHS collection. They are nice to have from a prespective of digging a wall of DVDs and VHSs but I cannot see myself every watching them again and the shelf room can be used otherwise (DVDs are slowly encroaching on the VHS side)

What do you all think is the best way to sell them?

On Ebay? Craigs List? As a lot or several 'mini-lots'? Do they have any value at all? Are they something that might have value 20 years from now?

Craig's list would work because they'd be too heavy to ship, but you may want to donate them to a hospital. I spent a lot of time at Children's Hospital, and even though some of the movies I gave them were R rated, some of their patients were older.

Scan amazon.com for the titles, see if you have some that are selling used high, you can make a few bucks on some off titles, sometimes $25-75.

Mainstream stuff everyone has? Best luck at a fleamarket, they're virtually worthless otherwise. (note, nothing is worth enough for me to ever set foot in a fleamarket, too many yukon cornetards and such)

If not to a hospital, try a library, women's shelter, children's home, etc (depending on content of course). You probably aren't going to get any real money for it, but you may be able to fudge the numbers more for tax purposes.