Sign in to follow this  
detlef

Minor league ball

My father in law and I hit a Durham Bulls game last night and I have to say it was a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We had great seats 5th row right behind home plate (face value $8). 5:00 start time meant that it was a bit hot at the start but ended up being mid 70s by the 4th inning. A 24 oz beer cost me $5-6...Hot dogs were like $2 or $3.

The game itself was great. The bulls starting pitcher was filthy, striking out 7 of the first 9 batters. The Bulls themselves had some nice innings. One dude got thrown out for showing up the ump after a called 3rd strike. The benches cleared after an argument stemming from a dude who'd been 2 for 2 with 2 HR gettting plunked. Great base running. Home team hit a homerun so the bull's eyes lit up and smoke came out of his nose. Just an all around great time.

i think it was 2 weeks ago that we went to see the Norfolk Tides(AAA) play and it was a very good time....My wife works for an attorney firm that has great season tickets(3rd row in back of the dugout)...it was fun and cant wait to go again

Ryan Howard blasted two homers in the game I went while visiting my grandparents in Reading. :D:D:tup:

Haven't been to a Skysox game.

Just like minor league hockey, minor league baseball is often more fun to watch, much more affordable and the players are still playing for the love of the game. Also they are much more accessible to everyone and much less jaded and pretencious

My father in law and I hit a Durham Bulls game last night and I have to say it was a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We had great seats 5th row right behind home plate (face value $8). 5:00 start time meant that it was a bit hot at the start but ended up being mid 70s by the 4th inning. A 24 oz beer cost me $5-6...Hot dogs were like $2 or $3.

The game itself was great. The bulls starting pitcher was filthy, striking out 7 of the first 9 batters. The Bulls themselves had some nice innings. One dude got thrown out for showing up the ump after a called 3rd strike. The benches cleared after an argument stemming from a dude who'd been 2 for 2 with 2 HR gettting plunked. Great base running. Home team hit a homerun so the bull's eyes lit up and smoke came out of his nose. Just an all around great time.

Also went to a Bull game a few years back. We got there about 15 minutes before the game started and the best seats available were the third row from the top in the outfield, but no seat is really bad. I was really impressed with the stadium-lots to choose from for eats and drinks, really clean and major league like it appearance and ammenities.

A few days later we went to an Asheville Tourists A game. The level of play went way down from AAA but not as bad as the Bend Elks (our local league made up of college players). We got there in the second inning, thinking the game started earlier and got seats in the second row behind homeplate.

They had a booth with a radar gun and I won a five cent felt penant for throwing the fastest ball to date for women over 40- then pitched it in the garbage. They had a radar booth at the Bulls game too but the line was too long.

I had the chance to go to a Saints game but didn't...sounded awfully boring to me...Minor League baseball is for the birds...

:D Who was th pitcher? I'm looking to go to one with my Dad. Oh yeah...I see you are on the battle field again? What's up? I got like 200 ep...NE ADVICE?

:D Who was th pitcher? I'm looking to go to one with my Dad. Oh yeah...I see you are on the battle field again? What's up? I got like 200 ep...NE ADVICE?

Are you related to Yukon?

A minor league 1st base coach was recently killed when a line drive hit him in the head.

Heading to a LI Ducks game on 8/5 w/ the Cub Scouts. Ducks are a Class A Independent club. Notables Pete Rose Jr., Carl Everett, Edgardo Alfonzo, Jose Offerman, Ed Yarnall, Danny Graves, John Halama, and Donovan Osborne are on the club among others. Coaches include Bud Harrelson & Dave LaPointe.

Minor league games are a blast and are affordable even if you bring a bunch of people.

A minor league 1st base coach was recently killed when a line drive hit him in the head.

Heard about that. Sad. :D

The Round Rock Express (Houston's AAA team) is a popular attraction.

Heading to a LI Ducks game on 8/5 w/ the Cub Scouts. Ducks are a Class A Independent club. Notables Pete Rose Jr., Carl Everett, Edgardo Alfonzo, Jose Offerman, Ed Yarnall, Danny Graves, John Halama, and Donovan Osborne are on the club among others. Coaches include Bud Harrelson & Dave LaPointe.

Minor league games are a blast and are affordable even if you bring a bunch of people.

This week's Sporting Week or whatever USA Today's sports weekly thing is called had a big piece on this team. Pretty cool stuff.

I had the chance to go to a Saints game but didn't...sounded awfully boring to me...Minor League baseball is for the birds...

I went last week . It isn't boring.

I live in Charleston, SC and we have a A League affiliate of the Yankees. The ballpark is beautiful, right by the iver, so even when it is hot as hell, the breeze can cool things a bit. Cheap tix are $4 (most expensive may be $15) , hot dogs are $2, but beer does run around $5-6. Great atmosphere if you just like watching a game.

My neck of the woods we have a few of them. They are filming a movie at the Quad City Swing stadium in Davenport this summer about a kid from Dominican Republic (I think) who sees Field of Dreams and wants to play Minor League ball in Iowa.