[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Catholic Church In LA Settles Legal Claims

spain

:D Finally..A topic that you have never brought up that we havent covered before :D

When have I ever mentioned the victims of the Catholic Church in Los Angeles? I didnt even know about those cases, although where ever you find Catholic Priests, you will certainly find victims of child molestation. Sure, I know about the ones here in my hometown, of which most of been settled. And of course, everyone is aware of Cardinal Bernard Law and the protecting of pedophilic priests in the New England area. But I didnt know about the victims in LA. Perhaps we should not speak of these things? Savage Beatings will certainly be offended that I had the temerity to post an article about Catholic Priests molesting children unimpeded for years, and then the church fighting their lawsuits tooth and nail until being forced to settle. Maybe the villian here isnt the church, or their pedophile priests, but me, for posting a link to the settlement. Perhaps we should all remain silent in the face of evil, like the Catholic Church did in their complicity with the Nazi's during WWII.

If I were a member of the Catholic Church I might scratch my head and wonder how much of the money I put in the collection bowl is going to the legal-defense funds of all the scumbag priests molesting children over the years. Then I might start shopping aound for a new denomination to convert to. I dont know if any religions are free of pedophiles. But I am sure many churches do not set up legal funds and give shelter to accussed child molesters. Several Boston preists are currently living in the Vatican while warrants are out for their arrest in the US. And it seems ironic this LA hush money showed up when the Pope was saying if you ain't Catholic yer goin' to hell.

Bringing the Total Settlements to Date at Over $1 Billion!

Tell me again how this "church" has the moral authority to represent Jesus Christ.

Once again, the entire Church gets the blame for the actions of a few...

...thousand.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

Once again, the entire Church gets the blame for the actions of a few...

...thousand.

Your post makes me cry...

...from laughing too hard.