[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleeper RB of 2007!

longshanks7

Good thread.

In regards to JJ, his percentage of scoring inside the 5 or so is atrocious since he's been in the league. I watched a few games last year where he just had no clue. I just don't see how a new coach or new team would help him all that much.

Just think of him as a younger version of what Fred Taylor did last year. For an early 6th round pick, you could do worse as your 3rd RB.

Hey Yo Mama! I have Grossman on my radar since he was a MVP candidate the first six weeks last year, has good talent around him, and if he has done any growing between the ears he improve on his numbers from last year. We are talking a last round pick....

I also like A Smith and Pennington as deep back ups with potential.

For JJ, I think that he gets traded. A fresh start is what he needs. Barber does some of the little things better (blitz pick up, receiving, finishing runs, etc) and should be getting 2/3rds of the carries. Don't know if he could carry the load 300+ in a year, and he does look funny when he runs...

I forgot about Dayne, that is the perfect flier.

Hey Yo Mama! I have Grossman on my radar since he was a MVP candidate the first six weeks last year, has good talent around him, and if he has done any growing between the ears he improve on his numbers from last year. We are talking a last round pick....

I also like A Smith and Pennington as deep back ups with potential.

From what I read, it wasn't so much an issue of maturity with Grossman as it was body mechanics and stuff like that. Apparently, he spent a ton of time with trainers watching film to see where is was going wrong, then spent time correcting his mistakes. Things like footwork and ball release. For example, there were a number of times when he had check downs to the RBs that he'd skip over as he was going through his rotation, which caused him to hold on to the ball too long (risk sack) or make a riskier throw than was needed to move the chains. Plus, his long ball was really, really iffy on too many throws. So we'll see. I wouldn't expect top 12 QB fantasy stats, but for a throw away pick, you could probably do a lot worse.

Also, Alex Smith is a decent upside gamble. Niners should be a lot better this year, SF has like the 8th easiest schedule for QBs, but a lot hinges on D-Jax' health. It's an upside pick, to be sure.

Edited by yo mama

Just trying to spitball some unpopular players and see if they are worth a flier. I haven't done much research yet, and will get into their schedules and tandems that work well together... but we got another six weeks before my first real draft.

I think the triumvirate of Gore, Davis and D-Jax gives Smith the weapons to succeed, but it does depend on the health of D Jax and progress of Davis. Again, going past the top 20 QBs to see if there is upside.

Vernand Morency is my pick.

Mike McCarthy wants one runner to emerge. Morency is a one-cut runner; a natural in the Packers' zone-blocking scheme. He averaged 4.6 yards on 91 carries and scored two touchdowns.

Because he is 27 years old he he might never get another chance like this. From what I have read, he trained diligently this off-season, added eight pounds of muscle and seems focused on making the most of his opportunity. Since Jackson is already dinged up, I have to give Morency the edge this year. GB has an improving line and he could be a steal later in drafts.

I got him for $7 in a $400 salary cap auction a month ago.

His downside: he had some fumbling issues and has had trouble staying on the field. This sounds eerily reminiscent of a running back who was in Seattle before coming to GB: Ahman Green. Where they differ is that Green would try to run over a defender, whereas Morency has the moves to deke a player out.

IMO, let everyone bid big on Brandon Jackson or take him early in a draft...I'll go for the value pick here...Vernand Morency.

I've been saying this all along.

good post

:D

Ron Dayne, 1100 and 12

remember where you heard it

Almost posted it myself. A Green has an injury history and has been in the league more than a few years. Dayne is a solid way to spend your last pick in the draft. He performed well in that offense late last year.

Vernand Morency is my pick.

Mike McCarthy wants one runner to emerge. Morency is a one-cut runner; a natural in the Packers' zone-blocking scheme. He averaged 4.6 yards on 91 carries and scored two touchdowns.

Because he is 27 years old he he might never get another chance like this. From what I have read, he trained diligently this off-season, added eight pounds of muscle and seems focused on making the most of his opportunity. Since Jackson is already dinged up, I have to give Morency the edge this year. GB has an improving line and he could be a steal later in drafts.

I got him for $7 in a $400 salary cap auction a month ago.

His downside: he had some fumbling issues and has had trouble staying on the field. This sounds eerily reminiscent of a running back who was in Seattle before coming to GB: Ahman Green. Where they differ is that Green would try to run over a defender, whereas Morency has the moves to deke a player out.

IMO, let everyone bid big on Brandon Jackson or take him early in a draft...I'll go for the value pick here...Vernand Morency.

If you're right, Morency would be a steal at his current ADP of 9.07. Jackson's current ADP is 7.04.

As of right now, I have no clue which RB is going to end up with the most points. Jackson is being taken first, but I haven't seen anything official that he'll be the main guy or not. Apparently people are assuming that Jackson will win the job, because he's young I guess.

The situation will probably be a lot clearer after the pre-season, but it really sucks for people who are drafting early.

If you're right, Morency would be a steal at his current ADP of 9.07. Jackson's current ADP is 7.04.

As of right now, I have no clue which RB is going to end up with the most points. Jackson is being taken first, but I haven't seen anything official that he'll be the main guy or not. Apparently people are assuming that Jackson will win the job, because he's young I guess.

The situation will probably be a lot clearer after the pre-season, but it really sucks for people who are drafting early.

I really don't see Morency as a legitimate starter. It isn't much of a risk taking him late, but after watching him play he doesn't look like an NFL starting RB to me.

I really don't see Morency as a legitimate starter. It isn't much of a risk taking him late, but after watching him play he doesn't look like an NFL starting RB to me.

I've never seen him play, but he does have a career rushing average of 4.4 ypc. That's pretty good considering he has 142 total rushing attempts.

But as far as which player will eventually get the job... :D hell if I know. My guess is Morency starts the season and if he stinks in the first 4 games or so, he'll be replaced. And if Jackson stinks, they'll go to RBBC.

Here you go but keep in mind it the Lions.

His averages are deceiving because he had low averages against many teams but over 9 YPC against Arizona, NE(way behind in the game) and SF. He can run behind a zone blocking line OK but doesn'y have great speed, power or moves in my opinion.

Look up last years games. Again as a late round throw away selection go ahead and take a chance.

Thomas Jones. Dude is going in round 3 of mock drafts. And I have him in the top 10 RBs overall.

Im also a fan of Julius. He is a better back than Barber, and Big Bill isnt here playing mind games with him this yr.

I completely agree with you on Thomas Jones....

but I have never been a JJ fan and like Barber better...

Here you go but keep in mind it the Lions.

His averages are deceiving because he had low averages against many teams but over 9 YPC against Arizona, NE(way behind in the game) and SF. He can run behind a zone blocking line OK but doesn'y have great speed, power or moves in my opinion.

Look up last years games. Again as a late round throw away selection go ahead and take a chance.

:D:D