[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peter King's Power Rankings

Menudo

Check out where he has Detroit.....

Obviously, I don't agree completely, but, I don't think these are too bad, and I like that he goes out on some limbs.

:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it is as good as any other list. but seeing new Orleans at number 4 turned me off right from the get. I also don't see my Lions being that high on the board. we have no MLB and we have no running game and our secondary will be toast. should be another year of us putting up good passing stats and making fantasy owners slightly happy but us winning between 5 and 7 games..

Edited by Doc Holliday

I guess it is as good as any other list. but seeing new Orleans at number 4 turned me off right from the get. I also don't see my Lions being that high on the board. we have no MLB and we have no running game and our secondary will be toast. should be another year of us putting up good passing stats and making fantasy owners slightly happy but us winning between 5 and 7 games..

Hey, that's no kind of talk for July! :D

:D

No one who writes for ESPN or owns their own website is a psychic.

I must have missed the part where Peter King claimed to have psychic abilities. :D

Also, this was Sports Illustrated, not ESPN :D

He is right.

In 2006 the Vikings finished:

16th total rushing yards

17th total passing yards

23rd total yards per game

26th is scoring per game

I am not saying were tops in anything, but the running game will be improved along with the defense. I can't see that low of ranking based on just Jackson.

18. Jacksonville: If I had any faith in the Jags' quarterback situation -- and how can I, really? -- I'd have them 10 or 11. This is still a team with an explosive running game and the ability to play shutdown defense with its underrated front. I could see them anywhere between 7-9 and 10-6.

Top 5 running game, top 5 defense. Give us Rex Grosswoman and we win the superbowl... or give us Kimo von Oelhoffen in the playoffs.

Hes got Tennesee ranked above Carolina-Cincinati-SF-and Houston ranked above Zona?? :tup::D:D

And I have NE above IND- IND lost alot on D and if you think their D was bad leading up to the playoffs...I think they will give up alot of points-

NE's got an aging- but solid D- I think with Samuels in camp- they should be stout- and we all know about who they have aquired on O

I like SD at 3

In 2006 the Vikings finished:

16th total rushing yards

17th total passing yards

23rd total yards per game

26th is scoring per game

I am not saying were tops in anything, but the running game will be improved along with the defense. I can't see that low of ranking based on just Jackson.

Minny should have taken Beck in round 2. No way Jackson is the answer. Until they get that resolved, its going to be alot of 8 and 9 man fronts for AD and company.

Minny should have taken Beck in round 2. No way Jackson is the answer. Until they get that resolved, its going to be alot of 8 and 9 man fronts for AD and company.

Its going to be a learning experience for him for sure. He has the arm and the ability to run when needed, something Brad Johnson didn't have. He is going to struggle this year, but I think we will slightly improve over last year.

I don't know what is more absurd - that a guy like King who knows less about football that the average fan makes his living writing about the sport, or that apparently he has enough credibility among enough readers that he is able to keep his position.

Yet another shining example that P.T. Barnum was right...

Edited by Bronco Billy

It is one man's opinion, and I'm sure all it will generate is comments about where I have the Steelers :D , but here is where I'd put them at this point. I'd like to see other's rankings.

1. San Diego Chargers

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. New England Patriots

4. New Orleans Saints

5. Denver Broncos

6. Baltimore Ravens

7. Chicago Bears

8. Pittsburgh Steelers

9. Cincinnati Bengals

10. Jacksonville Jaguars

11. Dallas Cowboys

12. Philadelphia Eagles

13. Seattle Seahawks

14. Carolina Panthers

15. New York Jets

16. Kansas City Chiefs

17. San Francisco 49'ers

18. St. Louis Rams

19. Tennessee Titans

20. Arizona Cardinals

21. New York Giants

22. Atlanta Falcons

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

24. Washington Redskins

25. Green Bay Packers

26. Minnesota Vikings

27. Miami Dolphins

28. Houston Texans

29. Cleveland Browns

30. Detroit Lions

31. Buffalo Bills

32. Oakland Raiders

It is one man's opinion, and I'm sure all it will generate is comments about where I have the Steelers :D , but here is where I'd put them at this point. I'd like to see other's rankings.

1. San Diego Chargers

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. New England Patriots

4. New Orleans Saints

5. Denver Broncos

6. Baltimore Ravens

7. Chicago Bears

8. Pittsburgh Steelers

9. Cincinnati Bengals

10. Jacksonville Jaguars

11. Dallas Cowboys

12. Philadelphia Eagles

13. Seattle Seahawks

14. Carolina Panthers

15. New York Jets

16. Kansas City Chiefs

17. San Francisco 49'ers

18. St. Louis Rams

19. Tennessee Titans

20. Arizona Cardinals

21. New York Giants

22. Atlanta Falcons

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

24. Washington Redskins

25. Green Bay Packers

26. Minnesota Vikings

27. Miami Dolphins

28. Houston Texans

29. Cleveland Browns

30. Detroit Lions

31. Buffalo Bills

32. Oakland Raiders

Pittsburgh should be at twelve or higher--as much as I love them, they are a total unknown this season. So we have to go on what we know about personnel. I am not a Bruce Arians fan nor am I impressed with the running backs that the Steelers have in place to support FWP. If he goes down, we go to...Kevan Barlow. YIKES. Additionally, I see no big WRs on the roster of any consequence--don't give me Nate Washington either. He's a plugger at absolute best. Heath Miller is dangerous when they use him, and the Spaeth kid can catch (to me he's going to play tackle eligble forever) but there just aren't any BIG targets. Holmes can run, yes...and catch. But big he ain't. Ben should return to his 2004-2005 form--he looks great and the word is he's been sharp at minicamp and practice. On defense, losing Porter hurts, but what really worries me is that we are a year older everywhere. The new kids will be okay, I think, in time. But to expect them to come in and dominate may be asking a bit much. Harrison is a ham-and-egger...not our best solution in the interim. Ditto for Haggans. I see an improved team, but I am not sold they are top fifteen without seeing them take a snap under fire.