[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any boat owners in the house?

theprofessor

It's my first boat and I'm juiced! I would be interested to know if anyone has purchased a Larson boat and what their experience has been. They have been around for 80+ years and they make a pretty quality boat. To me they compare favorably to the Sea Ray line but about 10 grand cheaper. I bought it with a 270 horse, Fuel injected :D , Volvo Penta engine. I am having Sirius installed so I can listen to the games on Sunday while I'm on the water. I get my first trial run on Saturday! :D:tup:

Edited by theprofessor

Congrats on your new money pit :D as long as you can both fish and ski behind them boats are great. Use it or feel used though

Feeling better already :D Boats are bought for pleasure, not an investment :tup:

This boat is pretty versatile. Can pretty much do it all. I'm just looking forward to getting some quality time with my beautiful wife and friends out on the water. I can finally start spending some money on "us", now that the kids are out of the house. It's been a grind.

its said that the happiest days in a boatowners life is the day he buys it and the day he sells it. now i don't know about all that as i never owned anything other than a twelve foot jon boat that i fished off of. they are as hugh pointed out, a bit of a money pit. still, be good to her and she will give you much entertainment. enjoy yourself.

I bought a I can't pass up this deal boat last year. It's a 1970 18.5' Larson shark, this thing had been in a garage for ten years and it was a clean one owner. This boat has been so much fun. The only thing that is wrong with it is a leaky manifold and a new one just arrived on my door step today.

have fun

We have a 25' Mariah deck boat that has 375 hp. We've had it for about 5 years now. We also have a new 25' Suntracker Pontoon Boat. It has been my experience that boats are fun until they start having problems. Once you start having problems, it is time to sell it an buy a new one. While everything is new and working correctly they are great, but once they start going south, they tend to go south in a hurry, and the repair bills start piling up. We'll probably keep the Mariah for another year or two, and then sell it while it is still running well.

We have a 25' Mariah deck boat that has 375 hp. We've had it for about 5 years now. We also have a new 25' Suntracker Pontoon Boat. It has been my experience that boats are fun until they start having problems. Once you start having problems, it is time to sell it an buy a new one. While everything is new and working correctly they are great, but once they start going south, they tend to go south in a hurry, and the repair bills start piling up. We'll probably keep the Mariah for another year or two, and then sell it while it is still running well.

I bought this boat with a full 5-year warranty that covers everything from the hull, to the engine, to the trailer. It was not an extended warranty that I purchased but something that Larson offers now with all their boats. Its the best warranty in the industry, from what I researched. I feel like I am protected for 5 years. Hopefully things will work out in the future.

OK, it's not much of a boat, but...............................

I have a 12 foot Alumacraft that was my grandfathers. It's the perfect boat to put in the back of my truck and take to any of the small lakes around my folks house. Throw the 4 hp motor on it, and a day of carefree fishing ensues. The small size is perfect too, since I don't have to hunt for a public access to some of those smaller lakes. Just need a trail to the lake, unload it from the truck, and away I go.

All told, other than license fees and routine motor upkeep, I haven't spent much of anything on it.

OK, it's not much of a boat, but...............................

I have a 12 foot Alumacraft that was my grandfathers. It's the perfect boat to put in the back of my truck and take to any of the small lakes around my folks house. Throw the 4 hp motor on it, and a day of carefree fishing ensues. The small size is perfect too, since I don't have to hunt for a public access to some of those smaller lakes. Just need a trail to the lake, unload it from the truck, and away I go.

All told, other than license fees and routine motor upkeep, I haven't spent much of anything on it.

Brought back a lot of great memories of fishing with my Dad in a similar boat. Thanks!

RIP Dad

If you don't have much experience on the water,take a boating safety course.Bad things can happen quickly,and the water is pretty unforgiving.Having said that,have fun with your new money pit.

I just paid mine off,there's no way I'm selling it now.It's a Mastercraft Prostar 205.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Damn Guys sorry. I didn't realize this posting was still alive and yes, I'm still alive. Well barely ,,,,, one thing I learned this summer .... don't forget to put the plug back in :wacko: I spent one very scary day on the lake this August.

Overall though I am enjoying the boat and now I'm looking at going bigger .... 36-42 foot .... something the wife and I can take away for the week or weekend to the San Juans, etc.