Sign in to follow this  
kpholmes

Looking to buy a PDA/Blackberry/Phone+Browser thing...

Looking to get a phone that also includes quality internet strength, with browsers so I can do email as well us updated Fantasy Football...

I'm currently on AT&T/Cingular...

What should I be looking at? I honestly have no idea where to start... I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, or an mp3 player or anything.

Thanks.

I'm happy with my Motorola Q. It's on Verizon, but I believe Cingular also has the Q, or at least an extremely similar model, as my brother in northern California has it and I believe he is on Cingular

I'm happy with my Motorola Q. It's on Verizon, but I believe Cingular also has the Q, or at least an extremely similar model, as my brother in northern California has it and I believe he is on Cingular

Internet is fairly fast?

edit: Just checked, and the Q isn't coming to Cingular/AT&T until August.

Edited by kpholmes

Internet is fairly fast?

The Blackjack is nearly identical.

Look on Craigslist...People are always selling their old phones on there when they upgrade every year...I saw a Blackberry thing on there yesterday for $70...I am going to upgrade to that because my old phone only works with speaker-phone...

Internet is fairly fast?

Then my brother must be on Sprint, I just know it isnt Verizon and he has a Q.

I have an Audivox 6700, which is limited by Verizon... Here is a good site for reviews of PDA's for different carriers:

CNET

I'm in the same boat. I was looking at the T-Mobile Wing but it sounds like the service with T-Mobile is very slow compared to the other providers and the phone is sluggish with too small of a processor size. I found a very similar phone from the same manufacturer, an HTC Mogul, that Sprint carries. The phone is a "pocket pc" and includes a touch screen and slide out full QWERTY keyboard. The processor is twice as fast as the Wing and Sprint's data service is half the price of T-Mobile and supposedly one of the fastest and upgrading again in the next few months. Any opinions on these two phones and T-Mobile vs. Sprint?