[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Gurus

keggerz

yesterday this happened twice within a 5 minute time frame and all I was doing was reading and deleting emails...programs I had running:

Outlook, Quickbooks POS, Firefox, Trillian with Panda running in the background....today I came in and turned on the PC and opened all 3 again...this time when i walked away to go and take care of some things in the store it was running fine but when I returned the PC had rebooted to the log in screen.

This is what I got:

Error message box "The system has recovered from a serious error."

Clicked on the link to see what the error contains:

Error Signature:

BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000099 BCP2 : 00037207 BCP3 : 00000003

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Error Report Contents:

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8cd8.dir00\Mini071707-01.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8cd8.dir00\sysdata.xml

anyone have any idea what would be causing this error? its a brand new pc that I am running XP on.

tia

ok i dont usually send error reports to MS but this time i did:

got this back:

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem report summary

Problem type

Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?

No.

What does this problem mean?

Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause

Unknown

Computer symptoms

A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take

Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

:D

edit: Is there anyway to figure out which device driver is the culprit?

Edited by keggerz

ok i dont usually send error reports to MS but this time i did:

got this back:

:D

edit: Is there anyway to figure out which device driver is the culprit?

I had similar propblem with Vista and it was my device driver.

What type of video card do you have? NVIDIA is a popular problem to this. You can try upgrading to the newest drivers or get older drivers till the problem goes away.

I had similar propblem with Vista and it was my device driver.

What type of video card do you have? NVIDIA is a popular problem to this. You can try upgrading to the newest drivers or get older drivers till the problem goes away.

how can i check to see what video card i have

Control Panel (classic view) - System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Display Device

If you double click that it will also tell you what version drviers you are using

not sure if that is a good vid card or not

not sure if that is a good vid card or not

Thats probably your culprite. Go to nvidia website and get the latest drivers for that model and on the same screen you went on before you should see a update driver ( or something similar ) button you can click and follow instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I suffered thru the "Out of the Blue" reboots up until yesterday....yesterday I decided to uninstall PANDA and do a system restore prior to my install of PANDA....so far the PC hasnt done a single "Out of the Blue" Reboot.... that sorta sucks that Panda seems to be culprit