[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So......my son went fishing last night with my BIL

Hat Trick

My son is 7 and doesn't care for competitive sports, he however loves to fish and hunt with me, that's his niche. So I take him fishing a lot on our farm and we live on a private lake that is stocked with lots of fish as well. So last night my BIL whose been staying with us takes him down the street to the lake to take him fishing at this spot I found where there are HUGH channel catfish. We've been going there all spring and summer. Theres a guy who lives on the cove of the lake and he feeds them catfish food, cool thing to do. EXCEPT he's a f'n jerkoff.

1st encounter: A couple months ago I took my two boys 7 and 3 and the two neighbor boys (who love to fish as well) down there and this guy comes out and sits near the water and tells me we wont catch anything, he just fed them. We fish for a couple hours and dont catch much of anything. But he stands around the whole time watching us and just being creepy and weird.

2nd encounter: Two Sundays ago my wife two kids and BIL go down there and start fishing. He comes out, goes and sits by my wife and starts chatting with her and one of my boys. After a few minutes she comes over and says this guy says he just fed them and that we wont catch anything, but he'll go get some more feed and throw it out there so we can see them if we want. I say, sure if he wants I dont care I'm still going to fish. He goes and gets the feed and comes back and I catch one way away from where they are feeding them. It's about a 5 lb one and really nice. I usually throw them back in, but I romised my boy that the next time we caught some we'd keep them (first time we caught a few big ones they were pregnant back in the spring). So I throw him in the bucket. Next thing I know this guy starts telling my boys they throw like girls and teasing them. I hold back my anger and tell my boys to come over by me. Meanwhile he starts telling my BIL we dont know what we're doing we don't know how to fish, blah blah blah. Meanwhile I'm reeling in another big one. he just seemed real uneasy about the fact that I told my son that I'd clean them and cook them for him that night, like they were his kids (the fish) or something, just weird.

3rd encounter: Last night my BIL takes my oldest down there while my wife and I are canning green beans. I had a few in me and was down at the neighbors chatting when my BIL comes down and starts going off about how that guy had come down there, was being his normal self being negative and trying to feed them while they are fishing. They had caught two big ones and had them in the bucket, they weren't going to keep them. They had planned to bring them back to show me and then take them and throw them back. Well I guess when they weren't looking this jerkoff dumped them back into the water. My BIL and son are upset, my son is really upset. It's dark now and I dont exactly know which house he lives in and like I said, I had a few and probably wouldn't be the best time to approach him, but I am IRRATE. My son just can't comprehend why someone would do that and is just upset, not crying or anything, just upset and disappointed. Know while it is possible that they jumped out and flopped the THIRTY feet back into the water it's never happened in the 25 or so fish we have caught nor did my BIL or son hear or see anything.

So tonight we're taking a crew of 10-15 down there and we're gonna catch the daily limit till there all gone, everyday. Oh and me and this SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!tard are havign words, it's on and it wont be pretty. Just as a side note, this guy is on the board of my home owners assoc, like that gives him any right to take my kids fish.

:doh::D:D:D:tup:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, just go ahead and shoot him.

Dude, do you really want your kids to learn the way to deal with this by matching jerkiness with more jerkiness?

I mean really, aren't there any more spots on the darn lake than where this guy is keeping his pseudo-pets?

And with your sigline, you know he is the idiot you don't want to argue with. :D

There wont be any arguing, I'm just going to put him in his place. I dont really get worked up about most things, but messing with my kids will definately get me worked up.

Aw, just go ahead and shoot him.

Dude, do you really want your kids to learn the way to deal with this by matching jerkiness with more jerkiness? Who said I'm going to go off on him in front of my kids? Now had I been down there when it happened that might have taken place

I mean really, aren't there any more spots on the darn lake than where this guy is keeping his pseudo-pets? So you're saying that I should find a new place to fish because of him, nah dont think so, its the perfect spot for my family and neighbors to go. I've lived in this house/neighborhood before there were any houses as far as the eye can see, my house was the 4th one on the my side of the lake. I'm not steppin down for nobody

Edited by Hat Trick

Instead of going hardcore fishing on him why dont you ger revenge the classic way. Hire a bunch of scuba divers with those self regulating breathers that do not make bubbles. Have them hide in the water dressed up like the swamp thing. When he comes to feed the fish have them burst out of the water and try to drag him in.

If that doesn't work then smear dog crap under his car door handles.

Instead of going hardcore fishing on him why dont you ger revenge the classic way. Hire a bunch of scuba divers with those self regulating breathers that do not make bubbles. Have them hide in the water dressed up like the swamp thing. When he comes to feed the fish have them burst out of the water and try to drag him in.

:D

Kick his ass Seabass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I'm ranting and just wanted to get it off my chest, but tell me in a few years how you'll feel if some adult comes by and takes your kids bike or takes something from one of your kids how you'll feel :D

Now if it were me, I'd sodomize him with the biggest channel cat I could catch.

Not only will that create a negative association in him with the fish, it'll also probably stop him from feeding them so much, on the off-chance that you'll come back and do it again.

There wont be any arguing, I'm just going to put him in his place. I dont really get worked up about most things, but messing with my kids will definately get me worked up.

I understand, the guys a jerk.

So basically it is his own fault for having bought the fish food so he could enjoy feeding the fish in his cove and if you want to come take those fish it is your right as a sportsman? After all there will be more fish eventually, right?

Seems to me this guy has made an error in judgement in feeding wild animals and considering them as some sort of pet. I expect his reaction is similar to one you would get if you decided to pick off a deer or two at someone's backyard salt lick.

Sure the guy doesn't seem like much of a communicator and yes, you clearly will be able to take away something he values to teach him a lesson. Just seems to me to be a bad lesson for your kids.

just my opinion.

I know I'm ranting and just wanted to get it off my chest, but tell me in a few years how you'll feel if some adult comes by and takes your kids bike or takes something from one of your kids how you'll feel :D

I woulda kicked his ass, old school style. :D

I recognized this 7th grade behavior immediately. He is "protecting" his turf (in this case, fish) by making it unpleasant for you to fish there. He might not be a bully but he wants to be. We all know the best way to treat a bully is to just give him a big hug when he least expects it. He'll probably begin blubbering about his dad not ever taking him fishing when he was a kid, etc. Then you can give him a fishing pole and say something like, "Come on, we'll fish together." Eventually you'll become good friends and maybe one evening you can invite him out in the lake in a small boat and fish together. Then you can remind him about the BIL incident. And ask if he still likes to feed the fishes. And look around to make sure there are no witnesses...

I understand, the guys a jerk.

So basically it is his own fault for having bought the fish food so he could enjoy feeding the fish in his cove and if you want to come take those fish it is your right as a sportsman?Yep After all there will be more fish eventually, right? There will be more? The lake has been fully stocked since 197something

Seems to me this guy has made an error in judgement in feeding wild animals and considering them as some sort of pet. I expect his reaction is similar to one you would get if you decided to pick off a deer or two at someone's backyard salt lick.Well I have 500 acres to shoot deer on and that is MY land, not a group of peoples land or a communties land, it is MY land, so that doesn't even have any relevance to the issue. It's not his land. This is a free country right?

Sure the guy doesn't seem like much of a communicator and yes, you clearly will be able to take away something he values to teach him a lesson. Just seems to me to be a bad lesson for your kids. I guess I'm just not following what lesson you think I'll be teaching my kids? That fishing is fun when someone doesn't steal them from you? That some people do bad things to others for no reason? My son doesn't know my motive, doesn't know what I am going to do, he'll just be doing what he enjoys doing, fishing with his dad and family

just my opinion.

Edited by Hat Trick

You could always subscribe him to ghey travel magazines.

Yeah that would screw him big time. You forget to mention, try and set it up so that one of his children receives it or maybe even his father-in-law.

I recognized this 7th grade behavior immediately. He is "protecting" his turf (in this case, fish) by making it unpleasant for you to fish there. He might not be a bully but he wants to be. We all know the best way to treat a bully is to just give him a big hug when he least expects it. He'll probably begin blubbering about his dad not ever taking him fishing when he was a kid, etc. Then you can give him a fishing pole and say something like, "Come on, we'll fish together." Eventually you'll become good friends and maybe one evening you can invite him out in the lake in a small boat and fish together. Then you can remind him about the BIL incident. And ask if he still likes to feed the fishes. And look around to make sure there are no witnesses...

u must be a teacher :D

QUOTE(cre8tiff @ 7/17/07 3:49pm) I understand, the guys a jerk.

So basically it is his own fault for having bought the fish food so he could enjoy feeding the fish in his cove and if you want to come take those fish it is your right as a sportsman?Yep After all there will be more fish eventually, right? There will be more? The lake has been fully stocked since 197something

Seems to me this guy has made an error in judgement in feeding wild animals and considering them as some sort of pet. I expect his reaction is similar to one you would get if you decided to pick off a deer or two at someone's backyard salt lick.Well I have 500 acres to shoot deer on and that is MY land, not a group of peoples land or a communties land, it is MY land, so that doesn't even have any relevance to the issue. It's not his land. This is a free country right?

Sure the guy doesn't seem like much of a communicator and yes, you clearly will be able to take away something he values to teach him a lesson. Just seems to me to be a bad lesson for your kids. I guess I'm just not following what lesson you think I'll be teaching my kids? That fishing is fun when someone doesn't steal them from you? That some people do bad things to others for no reason? My son doesn't know my motive, doesn't know what I am going to do, he'll just be doing what he enjoys doing, fishing with his dad and family

just my opinion.

Maybe the lesson is to pick one's battles. Maybe the lesson is it's sometimes better to walk away from trouble. Maybe the lesson is it's really not worth jumping into schit with a pig. Maybe not.

I would wait until the next time you see him feeding them and stand right next to him while he's feeding them and start bow fishing... Reel few in and tell thanks for the help! Do that a few times and he might stop being a freak!